Regarding the Lunar posters

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Regarding the Lunar posters

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Well the woman I talked to at Working Designs called today, and basically said she couldn't find any record of my payment. That's odd, seeing as how when I was having issues with them years ago I was told they received my order cards and the payment, but the posters were out of stock at the time. I asked if I could at least send the money again to receive the posters, but she said you need the order cards. Hello!? I already sent them in! So basically she didn't give me any options, and she said the only way they'd send the posters out is if I could find the receipts for the money orders from years ago. I don't know about you, but I don't save a $3 and a $6 money order receipt from three or four years ago.

I don't think it's fair that they expect me to track down two more strategy guides to rip out the order cards, just to get the posters. I knew I wouldn't get any help on this, and them saying they have no record of payment is a crock. :x

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

That sucks man. I figured you'd be helped on it. Sorry to hear that.
-G1

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I was a bit puzzled as to why they wouldn't allow me to pay the original amount with the order cards, but I suppose they don't feel like giving any breaks.

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

That stinks. But I suppose there are bad people in the world who really would lie about that sort of thing :P So they're probably just being careful.

I still havn't sent my money order out for the SSSC poster, but I will do that this weekend I hope.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

If someone is that desparate to lie about paying for posters, that's pretty sad. Well I hope for your sake that your money order reaches them, and somehow doesn't disappear either in the mail, or their office.

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

Knowing my luck recently, the order wont make it there... :P

JorJorMogBoi
Meryod Yokel

Post by JorJorMogBoi »

What's this all about? Working Designs is accepting orders for SSSC and EBC posters after all this time? What's the catch? Do they accept credit cards? Where can I find out more about this? (By the way, I'm new, uh, hi!)

Nooooo! Crap, I just checked my Lunar: SSSC strategy guide and I guess I already sent in that offer for the poster years ago. Never got it though. :(

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

Well, you could always buy a EBC guide book off of ebay if you don't have it yet, then make sure the poster offer is still there and send it in.:P I still havn't sent my order in yet... I keep forgetting to go down for a money order with the address. I'll try to do it today.

JorJorMogBoi
Meryod Yokel

Post by JorJorMogBoi »

Yeah, I'm working on getting the Lunar 2 official guide. I'm getting it for sheet aesthetics alone! Gawd, I knew it was a bad idea holding off on getting a guide because I didn't want to dish out the dough at the time and also didn't want to potentially spoil the game for myself. Oh well. :/

Oh, and hey, does anyone know if they accept credit cards or paypal? snail mail sucks! x.x
Omg! I'm playing Lunar 2 after a 5 year hiatus! x.x

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

WD accepts credit cards for direct purchases, but the poster offers from the guides are MO only. You have to send them the coupon, after all.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I take it you can't get the posters without the coupon? Or you can, but it's far more expensive (though the first is more likely I guess.)

Edit: Forgot to say, I'm surprised at the issue at hand. When they sold out of the strategy guide, I sent in a e-mail about it. They told me to call and I got a strategy guide XD

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I was told that you couldn't get the poster offer without a mail in order card. I wonder how many people they screwed over, that sent in money for the posters and never received them. Looks like there's two of us so far, and I'm sure there are others. I wasn't told that I could buy the posters any other way than with the order card. Even if I was able to get the order cards/coupons I'd be hesitant about mailing it, and them saying they didn't receive it again, to be screwed yet again.

I'd have better luck contacting GameArts or Kadokawa Shoten and receiving posters from them.

Dragonship Destiny
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Dragonship Destiny »

Pardon my asking, but what is this about? Lunar posters?

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Talking about posters and strategy guides...I was looking through my Lunar TSS game manual and I found the order form to the strategy guide! :)

I doubt I could get it though even though I have the order form because it's REALLY old and the mailing address is to Lahaina, Hawaii. :P

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Dark_Fairy wrote:Talking about posters and strategy guides...I was looking through my Lunar TSS game manual and I found the order form to the strategy guide! :)

I doubt I could get it though even though I have the order form because it's REALLY old and the mailing address is to Lahaina, Hawaii. :P

My brother gave me TSS, but when I got it he had ripped out the order form for the strat guide...I was pissed. :evil:

Then my friend had both TSS and EB strat guides and offered to give them to me, and then she got married and ran away. Dammit...
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Both my SSSC and EBC strategy guides still have the order coupons in them. I'M leaving them there too, despite the prospect of having cool lunar posters, there is no way in zophar's domain that I'm going to defile my preciouse bib... err, strategy books for a poster!

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Chances are even if you sent them in you wouldn't get what you paid for, and then you would have desecrated your inner sanctum of guidedness.