Magic Guild Coins

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Magic Guild Coins

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I guess these coins are sort of rare. Anyway, there's some Lunar coins up for grabs on Ebay. According to the description, they were given away with the Sega Saturn game. For anyone interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lunar-2-Eternal-Blu ... 1|294%3A50

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Re: Magic Guild Coins

Post by phyco126 »

Actually, I thought the coins came specifically from 1 store in Japan, that is why they are so rare?

Anyway, darn not having money due to giving it all away and then going on vacation so my paycheck is less than half what I normally get for the next month. AHHHHH!

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

dairugger
Lyton Singer

Post by dairugger »

has anyone seen what the highest bid right now is? 300.00+ HOLY CRAP! LOL

i kinda wish these were reminted, either officially or unofficially

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I know Alun is trying to buy them, but dunno if she is anymore. I'd like to know who the other major Lunar collectors are out there. I would have thought the big spenders would all be right here.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

$355. ;-; My paycheck today was $9.97. That is Nine dollars and ninety-seven cents. I didn't forget any zeros. My bank account has only $136 in it. Gotta last me for two more whole weeks. *cry* Unless, of course, people finish paying me back the over $1,000 given (to family and friends). Oddly, family seems to be the most pissy about paying that money back.

Anyway, if this was two months ago, I could have bidded upwards to about $2,000 =P Or $4,000 if I didn't want my TV and stuff. Mua haha.

Too bad this is only for two coins.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

It's up to $405.00 now. O_o

I love Lunar to death, but I wouldn't pay that much for two coins, no matter how rare they were. Good luck bidders and congrats to whoever gets it is all I have to say. ^_^

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Bidding is over. Wonder who won and if it went over $405? I bet the seller is crapping themselves now.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Who the heck put that much out for those coins? O_o It seems kind of excessive, even for rare Lunar stuff, since it's just two coins.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

dairugger
Lyton Singer

Post by dairugger »

WOW!, those two coins went for over 400.00!!? whats that adjusted for in this economy? Man i wish i had a whole bag! LOL

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Honestly Sonic#, if I had the money I would easily spend that much if not more for the coins. Other Lunar stuff, maybe not, but certainly the coins. (I like to collect coins)

lady465
Meribian Merchant

Post by lady465 »

My bf and I were watching this just to see how much they would go for. We both figured $100-150 so we about died when we saw they went for $405

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yes, I'm surprised too. And no, I decided not to continue bidding on them after the first bid.

Shin Otaku III
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Shin Otaku III »

Alunissage wrote:Yes, I'm surprised too. And no, I decided not to continue bidding on them after the first bid.
Aww.. I was kind of hoping someone from these boards would get them. That way we could have more images and info!! :mrgreen:

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Shin Otaku III wrote:
Alunissage wrote:Yes, I'm surprised too. And no, I decided not to continue bidding on them after the first bid.
Aww.. I was kind of hoping someone from these boards would get them. That way we could have more images and info!! :mrgreen:

It's probably the only Lunar thing Alun DOESN'T have. I think she even has All The Lunar.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Well, I've got that. So do a few people on this board.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I've actually bought All The Lunar twice. I sold the second one to Kizyr.

One of the rarest things I have is the coinbag that was available from the same store as the coins. I decided that was close enough.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

It's a shame that no one here got the coins. In fact, I'm still shocked how much they went for since the Nall Plushies don't even go for $400. O_o

I did get the Lunar I and II artbook from the same user that was selling the coins though since it was the cheapest I had seen the book (got for $14.99 plus $4.00 S/H). I just got it today, actually. I wasn't aware of how much art I had never seen before from Lunar! O_o

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Alunissage wrote: One of the rarest things I have is the coinbag that was available from the same store as the coins. I decided that was close enough.
If I were a collector, I'd probably be obsessive about it and have to have the coins to put in the coin bag. I'm glad I never decided to collect anything. It would soon become a far too expensive hobby.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Oh, I am. But not $400 obsessive. ;) This is actually the second time I've passed on purchasing the coins; I kind of regret the first time (they were much more reasonable) but I couldn't afford it. As I said, I was the first bidder on these coins, but decided not to pursue when it got this high.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Me: Has anyone here heard of the Magic Guild coins?
Crowd: ... ... ...
Me: Well, they're considered the rarest of Lunar merchandise, and an eBay bid just ended with them going for $405. The seller was in Northern Virginia, so I was kind of hoping he might be here today...

No luck, sorry. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)