Please Refresh my Memory - TSS Sega CD/Saturn/PX Version

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Please Refresh my Memory - TSS Sega CD/Saturn/PX Version

Post by Monde Luna »

Is the Saturn remake of Silver Star Story closely related to the Playstation version? Thnx

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: Please Refresh my Memory - TSS Sega CD/Saturn/PX Version

Post by Kizyr »

There are barely any differences between the two, so yes, they're closely related.

For reference, I've played the Japanese Saturn version and the American PS1 version; I haven't played the Japanese Saturn MPEG or the Japanese PS1 versions. But between all of those, there aren't any storyline differences, only minor gameplay and video/audio quality ones. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Thanks Kizyr, I was just wanted to know so I knew what to expect for SSH. :)

Evil_Goddess
Meribian Merchant

Post by Evil_Goddess »

I have both Japanese Saturn versions, the normal one and the "Complete" one where you need the MPEG Card. I was first so excited about the "Complete" version as I also expected from the name some extras in the gameplay like maybe another dungeon, story elements, magic spells or items and then when I finished it very disappointed that beside the better looking video sequences nothing was different :(
But well, I am still happy today I have this and my Saturn MPEG card today, I think they are all nice collectibles :wink:

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Well... there are three more bromides in the MPEG one and Alex's Ocarina can be used as a music player. But yeah, not much different. As far as I know, the Saturn MPEG, PlayStation, and PC versions can be considered identical, with only the sound quality being different.