Lucia Resin Kit

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Bloodrose
Iluk Crackpot
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Lucia Resin Kit

Post by Bloodrose »

Huh.

Yea, The first one does look a lot more authentic, but aren't original resin kits USUALLY white instead of yellow for better overall quality?

And also, I was just curious if the silver dangles that hang down from Lucia's shawl or the cord for her pendant were included in any version or if those were optional additions that were just shown? I mean, I know it would be nearly impossible to cast either in resin so I'm assuming you'd have to just mimic them with plastic and wire, but still, it's worth asking.

Thanks for the reply. I was just curious about these points. I don't really care since a finished product will look close to the original, BUT since I'm not a professional painter and I know most commissioned artists won't take on the hassle of recasts, if I COULD come across the original, such as the one on ebay, it would be awesome to at least know what I was looking at.

And if there isn't much of a difference in appearance or quality, that's also worthy of noting.
Again, thanks,
Ashley

dairugger
Lyton Singer

Post by dairugger »

im curious, why wont most people touch a recast?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Bloodrose wrote:Yea, The first one does look a lot more authentic, but aren't original resin kits USUALLY white instead of yellow for better overall quality?

And also, I was just curious if the silver dangles that hang down from Lucia's shawl or the cord for her pendant were included in any version or if those were optional additions that were just shown? I mean, I know it would be nearly impossible to cast either in resin so I'm assuming you'd have to just mimic them with plastic and wire, but still, it's worth asking.
Honestly, I know almost nothing about resin kits. I've always gotten the impression that they're kind of fannish/amateurish by nature, at least originally, because of the name (garage kits).

I took a look at the one I have. It is indeed pale yellow. The dangles and cord are not included. Also telling is that the picture on the front of the box is indeed a photo, which I had noticed before but forgotten. So it probably is a recast -- but we have no further information, e.g., the original manufacturer. You probably know more than I do at this point. ^^;

As a side note, the assembly instructions are different from those shown in the Japanese auction.

Bloodrose
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Bloodrose »

Hmm ok.

Well, the box on the first one does have printed copyright that is a tad more convincing than the Japanese issue as well as an original price of 9800 yen.

Also, this page shows the resin kit painted without those other items.

I'm going to assume the ebay one is an original judging that it has some print on the box rather than JUST a printed photo.

This one is supposed to be a garage kit, but I think the other 2 resin figures were just resin.

That being said, this one might be composed of different materials.

I'm using: http://www.moonreading.lunarpages.com/lunar/j-misc.html as a reference for that.

And since most of these kits were VERY limited even in Japan, I haven't been able to come across any further information about them.

I'm pretty sure I'd have to take up Japanese and search on Yahoo Japan to find anything.

Still, thanks for taking a look. At least we were able to do a little research into this issue.
Ashley

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

The box does say Okayama (several times, including phone numbers), so I'm pretty sure it's the same one as on the Lunar Goods Archive.

Bloodrose
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Bloodrose »

Grrr. The seller ended the item and I contacted him/her about it.

They said one of the pieces had a crack/chip and they weren't willing to sell it in that condition.

They've got some other Lunar junk up now though. It's all in one lot at a buy it now/best offer type deal.

Anywho, thanks for the info :-). I'll have to keep my eyes open and see what else I can find out to determine the legitimate original from the recasts.
Ashley

dairugger
Lyton Singer

Post by dairugger »

i got mine from E2046 and shes white, so does anyone know if shes a recast? and if shes made of resin?

to those who assembled theirs, did you use pins to join the joints? airbrush or brush? anybody have pics of their completed Lucia?

and whats bad about recasts? why wont most painters touch them?

Justinzero
Lostest Boy

Post by Justinzero »

Hi guys,

I was also quick to snag the Lucia recast off e2046. I've noticed some concerns about how to pain the kit, and while I'm no pro, I'd love to offer any advice on getting the kit finished. I've done quite a few myself, and have been into the hobby of modeling for about 4 years now. Lucia is somewhat easy, but there are some difficult skills needed for certain parts of the kit, specifically the pattern designs on her clothing.

I'll post back later today with a basic step by step process, making sure to outline for all types of painting (Brush, Spray, AirBrush).

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

We do know the e2046 is a recast; the person who sent in the source for it posted here years ago about it. That's what this thread is about, getting the ones from e2406 (which several of us preordered). No one's mentioned painting theirs yet though.

Justinzero
Lostest Boy

Post by Justinzero »

I read the entire thread, and seen a few mentions about how to paint the kit. I'd rather offer my help then see people spend too much money on someone else doing it.
Megalodon wrote: Who are you going to pay to paint it? Just curious because I can't paint either. I really don't want to try then mess something up I have been waiting so long for. I also don't want it sitting in my closet unpainted.
dairugger wrote:i just got mine today!, has anyone put theirs together and painted? id love shots of it. im waiting till i can scrape some money together to have her painted, as i cant paint on a 3rd grade level. lol
Ruby wrote:
Anyway, out of curiosity, how often are these ever in stock? Also, what kind of paints are you painting these with anyway? I've got a more or less full set of these acrylic paints and am curious if they would work well with these kits or if I'd be looking at buying new paints.
dairugger wrote:Is there anywhere or anyone who can assemble and paint these? i just ordered one, but i suck at these and dont want lucca to look like a drag queen!, any suggestions?

These were the posts I was referring to.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Sorry, I wasn't replying to you but to the post above yours, which I annoyingly failed to notice was a month or two old. Usually I do notice these things. >_<

Justinzero
Lostest Boy

Post by Justinzero »

Heh, not to worry. Looking at those posts I quoted, I'm about 6 months off my mark too.

dairugger
Lyton Singer

Post by dairugger »

I'd be very interested in seeing how you do your lucia!, nobody responded to my questions months ago, and i dont dare touch mine when ive never put one together, and really dont want to mess this up.

Justinzero
Lostest Boy

Post by Justinzero »

I have to wait for summer before I can model. I live in a basement suite which has really crappy ventilation.

I will post some pics, and a step by step for you when I do though!

dairugger
Lyton Singer

Post by dairugger »

that would be awesome!

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

*Topic entering hybernation status* :P