Hello People

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Hello People

Post by Guest »

My friend told me that Inuyasha and Shaman King games & anime are like Lunar is this true?

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

I wouldn't exactly call Inuyasha Lunar-esque. Never heard of Shaman King, though.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Etherest
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Etherest »

I don't think Inuyasha is much like Lunar at all...and Shaman King...well...I don't know about that one...
Okay, Hacker, listen up. I am tired of your fake assumptions! What is your problem?! Do you just like to mess with 14 year olds, who KNOW they don't lie to people at a site they consider HOME?!! PM ME NOW!

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

Perhaps a better subject than "Hello People" (which sounds like it belongs in the Introductions topic) should be used?

I'm unfamiliar with Inuyashi, but I watch the Shaman King anime (though it's the dub) fairly regularly. I would not call it like Lunar unless the only in common that you care about is that they both sport anime character designs.

Shaman King takes place in modern day and is a tournament-oriented anime where the primary purpose of the story is for various factions of people to come together and beat the snot out of each other. (Not very Lunar-like is it?) The first season is good. The second starts to drag. It's almost over now so I'm just watching it to see it through.

From every review I've read, the Shaman King GBA games are absolutely horrible (you're looking at 4-5 on a scale of 1 to 10 and 1-2 on a scale of 1 to 5) and the PS2 version isn't much better. They don't really follow the storyline and are a little more Pokemon-flavored so the main character has access to several of the anime's guardian spirits, when in the anime those spirits belong to other people.
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

Post by Guest »

Ok, thanks that helps.