Question People????

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Guest »

Thanks for your help but, I already have Grandia though I think I'll try Skies of Arcadia.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Legend of Dragoon!
Suikoden I, II, III
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Post by Guest »

Ok cool but, yet again I already have Legend of Dragoon.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

A lot of people mentioned Grandia, and it's really cool that you have it but Grandia II is also a VERY good RPG. (Assuming you liked the first anyway). And Skies of Arcadia is also a great title. Buy it for Gamecube instead of Dreamcast, you'll save money, and they added to it. Unlike when I had to pay $40 for a used dreamcast copy a month before it was announced for cube...

They both have very good storylines, cutscenes (though not anime), and voiceovers to boot.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Skies of Arcadia is fantastic. I own the Dreamcast version, and they didn't really add all that much to warrant buying the GC version, if you didn't already have the original. The music was excellent, and what makes it similar to Lunar is the lightheartedness of the characters, and their relationship to one another. I thought the graphics were great, and the cutscenes are all in game graphics but with a higher polygon count which allows the characters great facial expressions. I'm still anticipating a sequel, and Grandia III is hopefully going to be awesome. With it's air influenced creation, I'm sure it will have similarities to Skies of Arcadia.

SoA is a pretty massive game, so there is a lot to do as finding discoveries, unlocking certain characters to add to your crew on the ship, or obtaining the best weapons, etc. The only irritant you'll have in SoA is a hefty amount of random encounters. It's not a ridiculous amount, but there is a lot of them.

meru
Reza Thief

Post by meru »

Jenner wrote:Legend of Dragoon!

Wha? It didn't really seem that similar... But my first RPG was Chrono Trigger and like everone else on this thread, I saw a huge similarity...
I wanted healing, attention, and love to gain. But you gave me hatred, abuse and pain.
-Meru