What is your favorite Lunar Monster?

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

What is your favorite Lunar Monster?

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Hi all,

I am working on some artwork in which I'd like to include Lunar monsters. However, there are so many it's hard to choose. Though I've decided on a few to definitely include, I was wondering what you guys would have to say. Maybe I'll throw in some requests if I can.

Thanks a lot and take care! ^_^b

scaryice
Student of Vane

Post by scaryice »

From TSS:

truffle troubler
slicer
slice o' dead

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I always thought the Chiros and Shiros were cute. ^-^

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

NIPPLE YANKER the ultimate foe

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Boomba Kids!

Albino Baboons are also classic.

As for bosses, the Magic Tester 3000 (or whatever the number was) is the best. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

It was the Magic Tester LX-1. For some reason I'd thought it was numbered LX-2 in the remake, but the guide says otherwise.

I rather like the Ice Mongrels / Chiros myself. The Sand Sharks were cute. And I think there were some funny ones in SSSC that I'm now blanking on, like the Puffy Bugs. I liked the looks of the various Seeds in Zophar's Domain in EBC too.

AlexofBurg
Lostest Boy

Post by AlexofBurg »

In SSSC, I really like the Vile Crustacean boss. Royce was cool, too.
Hm...And for EBC, the "light of Azado" Flame Fang boss was awesome.

Plantella
Lann Fisherman

Post by Plantella »

I think everyone knows my answer =D

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

If you want the silliest, cutest, and funny one of them all, use Ghaleon =D

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

I always had a soft spot for the Dark Knights (they looked like knights in bat-shaped armor) in the Grindery in TSS and the Mutant Turtles living in the Meribian Sewers, but mostly because I was greatly amused by the puns in their names.

Others have mentioned a few of my other favorites as well but... let me see... there are some others you gotta throw in, such as:

Dopplegangers (most evil concept for a "peon" level monster ever :P)
Pious Reapers
and of course... the Susie Deaths!
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

What, no love for Ziek the Risen aka the Phantom Sentry?! He's only the best part of the original Eternal Blue that's missing from the remake. What a cool dude, sharp-shooting action from beneath his sinister cloak and helmet, and the toughest boss next to Borgan that I can think of when you face him again.

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

Temzin wrote:What, no love for Ziek the Risen aka the Phantom Sentry?! He's only the best part of the original Eternal Blue that's missing from the remake. What a cool dude, sharp-shooting action from beneath his sinister cloak and helmet, and the toughest boss next to Borgan that I can think of when you face him again.
Oh yeah, he was awesome. For some reason, I only thought of peon monsters and not boss monsters when naming my favorites.
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Dragonmaster Lou wrote:
Temzin wrote:What, no love for Ziek the Risen aka the Phantom Sentry?! He's only the best part of the original Eternal Blue that's missing from the remake. What a cool dude, sharp-shooting action from beneath his sinister cloak and helmet, and the toughest boss next to Borgan that I can think of when you face him again.
Oh yeah, he was awesome. For some reason, I only thought of peon monsters and not boss monsters when naming my favorites.
I forgot about Boss Monsters too. Gha! Well, I'd have to agree. Phantom Sentry was cool.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

The Phantom Sentry was one of the most interesting boss fights you had in the game. Not the most difficult, but certainly quite original. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Wow, thanks for all of the replies everyone! :)

I wasn't too specific about monsters I know; though I was mainly referring to common monsters and not bosses definitely feel free to add those. The bosses won't end up in my drawing mainly because I don't think it would make too much sense... and they wouldn't fit since they're rather large for the most part. But in the future I think maybe I'll do a nice group pic of monsters since so many of you have replied :)

Already a few of the monsters you've listed are in the drawing already. I just needed a bit of help filling in some negative areas. Again, thank you all very much! ^_^b

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Well, slimes probably fit anywhere, as do those horrible flies that smack the hell out of you in the Weird Woods in TSS while your party member helplessly zigzags around because he can't reach the fly you told him to attack. *ahem* Neither looks particularly Lunar-specific, though. The Fatal Hoppers do, and if you don't have what Mia calls little 'Gon or something like that you probably should. The Electro Eyes, perhaps.

Iga
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Iga »

Alunissage wrote:and if you don't have what Mia calls little 'Gon or something like that you probably should.
I think they were called Gorgons, or at least something very similar. Those were actually kind of adorable in their own right. Heh.

And uh, Exigence basically has my answer already:
Exigence wrote:NIPPLE YANKER the ultimate foe
GREATEST FOE EVAR. >:0

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

You gotta include the Dung Beetle. And yeah, the Nipple Yanker is great.

What about the black sphere-shaped monsters that have a single eye? I wish I could remember what they're called...

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Electro-Eyes, I think. Something like that.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

ilovemyguitar wrote:You gotta include the Dung Beetle. And yeah, the Nipple Yanker is great.

What about the black sphere-shaped monsters that have a single eye? I wish I could remember what they're called...
I believe Alun is right regarding their names. But you reminded me of one of my other favorite enemies:

Slice O' Death!

These were the floating conglomerate faces that were in Grimzol's Cave in TSS. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)