Whats your favourite Lunar

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Whats your favourite Lunar

Post by segaboy7 »

Out of any version of any of the Lunar's are your favourite. For me I have to go with Lunar Eternal Blue (sega cd). I know That the PSX version is very very close to the sega cd version, but theres just something about the sega cd version that draws you into the game so much more. Anyway what does everyone else think?

Genocide
Pao Hunter

Post by Genocide »

Lunar 2 for PSX.

Drake-Dark
Meribian Merchant

Post by Drake-Dark »

Silver Star Complete, but then, thats cause its the only one I've been able to complete.
"I could never fight without my clothes on...I'd keep tripping over my sword. Heh heh heh....." -Kyle

punkabof1
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by punkabof1 »

Lunar 2 ETBC
Playstation

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I wish I could answer more completely, having played all the games, but I've only played the Playstation ones. Silver Star Story Complete is my favorite out of them, but just barely, because I do like them both and have been meaning to replay at least EBC before the summer has run its course.

SSSC was the first one I played, and it really sparked something in me. It was funny... no, hilarious for me to play, but there was more to it than the humor. Earlier, I had played Legend of Legaia. That was a good game too, and probably the RPG that I first started really judging other games by. The system in SSSC was simpler, the graphics were more colorful but two dimensional, and yet... and yet that didn't matter to me. The sprites were better defined, less blocky... and then the characters, oh! In games I'd played before, or ones that I'd played far enough to get a sense of this, I found that I had to give the characters some personality. Excluding Alex, who was supposed to be the player, the characters became themselves, and I found, far from having something to contribute, I had many things to learn. We learned a lot about Nash and Mia from their classmates, a lot about Jessica from the temple of Althena, a lot about Kyle from his bandits and people that had served under him... and this held true for lots of characters!

The dialogue between characters was good too. They really seemed to interact together, and I could tell pretty well what they all thought of one another, and how that evolved, like when Nash betrays the rest, or something like that.

This doesn't explain the edge it gets over Lunar 2 though. This one, the first one, is comparable to the other in all but one way. It's totally subjective, too. I like the music a little bit more. Not to say that Iwadare did a weak job in the second game... they were both strong showings, but I can clearly remember more songs from the first, so they stuck to me more.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Blue_Sycro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Blue_Sycro »

I agree a lot with Sonic#. SSSC was my first Lunar game, which I got back a few months after it came out. Just yesterday I started just about my millionth new game, and I'm still just as excited. I know what's about to happen, but it took me untile about my fourth time around playing the game to really figure out the storyline, which I like because it gives the game replay value. EBC was like that too, I had to play it over and over to completely understand everything.

The characters in both games were great, they all had their own personalities and little things that individualized themselves from the others.

Everyone says the graphics are bad in the Lunar games, but I kind of like the little 2D sprites, I hope they don't change them, it's part of what makes Lunar, well Lunar.

But I think I like SSSC just a tad more than EBC. Not sure why, maybe just sentiment...

Etherest
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Etherest »

EBC. I thought I had more fun playing it.
Okay, Hacker, listen up. I am tired of your fake assumptions! What is your problem?! Do you just like to mess with 14 year olds, who KNOW they don't lie to people at a site they consider HOME?!! PM ME NOW!

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Definitly EBC is my favorite. It was the first Lunar game I had bought. So yeah...I kind of played the series backwards.

I thought EBC was more exciting than SSSC. I enjoyed SSSC as well but EBC was better for me, probably because I started with it first and spent MUCH more time beating it.

I have yet to play EB for the sega cd...(I need to get my hands on one!) and I have TSS and thought it was better than SSSC.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

TSS. Don't have time to say why in depth, but highlights are the music, the large and interesting map, the number of spells, and the tighter plot. There are things unique to each game which I really like, of course, but TSS has the most.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

1) EB
2) Tie: EBC/TSS
4) SSSC
-G1

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

TSS. It was the original. It was pure and simple in the best possible way and I wouldn't have played the others without it.
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

TSS. It was the video game I fell in love with. Great music. Wonderful characters. Simple story-line that my 4th grade brain could follow. And like Rune, I wouldn't of even picked up the others without it. I wasn't big into video games till after I played EB and the reason I played EB is because I saw it in a magazine and recognized it as the sequel to TSS.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

Lunar 3 is my fav :o

Blue_Sycro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Blue_Sycro »

Haha, props to whoever did the photoshop...

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

Photoshop? O.o I have the real deal, I popped it atop of my scanner and scanned it and hosted it on my site to show you all o.o

nah who am I kidding, photoshoped it after I created the Lunar Genesis april fools day cover. JUST YOU WAIT TILL NEXT APD!!!!
---
LunarNET Discord: https://discord.gg/yzXgsSa

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Stop doing that! People are gonna think you're serious!

Anyway, EB/EBC is my favourite, with TSS coming in second. EB and EBC are too similar so I hold them on the same level. Magic School would be third if the encounter rate didn't nearly ruin the gameplay element, 'cause the story's pretty amusing. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

DragonMaster_ICE
Meryod Yokel

Lunar SSS

Post by DragonMaster_ICE »

i would have to choose lunar sss i have never played an rpg that has moved me more and the soundtrack i think for sss has to eb number for rpg's

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

The soundtrack has to what?

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

It's gotta be TSS for me, simply because it was the first game of any kind that ever REALLY hooked me. I think I was in the 6th grade the first time I played it, and I hadn't really played many games before. As a result, all the plot twists and stuff that I would now pick up on way in advance, all worked on me to full effect. I was genuinely shocked and felt betrayed when Ghaleon murdered Quark and enslaved the village of Burg, because stuff like that doesn't generally happen in your typical play-through of Sonic the Hedgehog. :wink:

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Heh, I never thought of it like that, but yeah...TSS was the first game I played with a plot. Well, except for LttP, but actually I'm not sure if I played that before or after TSS. Probably after. I know it was the characters that pulled me in, and you don't get to see that much personality in other genres.