Working Designs: What Happened?

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
SuperJesus
NPC
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Working Designs: What Happened?

Post by SuperJesus »

Hello all....just found this site,.....have I been living under a rock or somthing? Geesh!! hahaha Anyway...

Im just curious what happened to Working Designs....no web site anymore...no new releases....nothing...

Anyone know anything?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Their website is undoubtedly only temporarily unreachable, as the forums at least were active yesterday.

keele864
Red Dragon Priest

Post by keele864 »

Their website is undoubtedly only temporarily unreachable, as the forums at least were active yesterday.

Their server needs an exorcism. The thing's possessed I tell you.

Kishi
Saith Pirate

Post by Kishi »

They release, what, like one game a year? I guess they only stay in business by selling those overpriced special editions with numerous useless doodads.

Etherest
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Etherest »

But those useless doodads are...collectables. The ring they give you in the Growlanser Generations box is shiney! " I like shiney presents! "...okay, but seriously...they may release about a game a year, but the games are fun as hell, and some are actually 2 or 3 games in a dressy box. Arc the Lad Collections is Arc 1, 2 and 3, for example and Growlanser Generations is part 2 and 3...but I do agree that they're somewhat costly.
Okay, Hacker, listen up. I am tired of your fake assumptions! What is your problem?! Do you just like to mess with 14 year olds, who KNOW they don't lie to people at a site they consider HOME?!! PM ME NOW!

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Well, some people aren't collectors. And doesn't it slightly devalue the collector's item when every person who bought the game has it?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Every person who bought the game new does. Most game stores will only have the discs, I think, and even the eBay used copies are frequently disc-only.

I really don't think that putting in the goodies adds that much to the price anyway, except for EBC. SSSC was $55, only $5 over what I remember paying for Chrono Cross, and the soundtrack was a bloody good pack-in even if you don't care for other little stuff. EBC was $70 from WD (possibly lower at retailers), which admittedly is high if you don't like pendants and documentaries. Arc and Growlanser Generations were multiple games (so divide the price by the number of full games before comparing them to others), and the latter was available at normal price without the extras.

urabob
Burg Farmer

Post by urabob »

I remember when I considered WD was cool. Now they are hardly a blip on the gaming radar. Sad really. I'd like to see more from them. Hell, I'd like to see anything.

I can't imagine them being around much longer. I certainly don't see them having anything to do with any future Lunar releases. I wonder if their Lunar license can expire. What then?

I wonder if Ubisoft or some other publisher can re-release those old PS1 titles?

More questions. No answers.
"All things lovely to consume."
http://www.welcomeconsumer.com

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

It would be much more crucial to rerelease the SegaCD ones. :P SSSC was already practically done with Legend.

urabob
Burg Farmer

Post by urabob »

Alunissage wrote:It would be much more crucial to rerelease the SegaCD ones. :P SSSC was already practically done with Legend.

Good point. Maybe some sort of Memorial Edition. I bet they could fit both PS1 and SEGA CD versions on one PS2 DVD. Heck, maybe even Game Gear games. That'd be nice! :D
"All things lovely to consume."
http://www.welcomeconsumer.com

danth
Reza Thief

Post by danth »

urabob wrote:
Alunissage wrote:It would be much more crucial to rerelease the SegaCD ones. :P SSSC was already practically done with Legend.

Good point. Maybe some sort of Memorial Edition. I bet they could fit both PS1 and SEGA CD versions on one PS2 DVD. Heck, maybe even Game Gear games. That'd be nice! :D

I'd buy it!
I want to go back.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Ooh, that would be interesting. A Lunar Anthology. It would be particularly nice if they tossed in a translated version of Lunar: Magic School.

Scorpioeyez
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Scorpioeyez »

Alunissage wrote:Every person who bought the game new does. Most game stores will only have the discs, I think, and even the eBay used copies are frequently disc-only.

To be fair, I bought my copy of LEBC used from a GameStop and got the complete set in mint condition. The only thing missing from it was the Ghaleon punching puppet.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I agree with wanting to see WD come out with something. I can handle a move to a nintendo(SP?) plateform better than a new platform AND a new whatever UbiSoft is considered. :?

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."