A Very Stupid Question

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
cxt217
Meryod Yokel
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

A Very Stupid Question

Post by cxt217 »

Hello,

This is my very first post, and I might just lose my head over this, but given that I have just gotten into the games (Through borrowing a friend's copies - not being able to find and buy my own copies yet.) via the PS1 Complete versions, and then talking with the same friend has brought me the following question. And if you survived reading that run-on sentence, congrats.

Is Lunar: Genesis (Or what UbiSoft decides to release it titled as.) = Lunar 3? I said "no" based on what I the info I have been reading. My friend said "yes," oddly enough based on the same info.

This is more an interesting then a deciding question for me right now. However, I would appreciate some thoughts on this.

Thanks,

C.T.

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

Now why on earth would there be a fora called "Lunar: Geneis" and another fora called "Lunar 3 and Rumors". Then on the main site a whole page for each Lunar game including "Lunar: Genesis" with its own page and "Lunar 3" on its own page?....hmm......
---
LunarNET Discord: https://discord.gg/yzXgsSa

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Come on, Insydius, even I find that a bit too sarcastic and harsh. :?

C.T., while it appears to be the third mainstream Lunar game, it takes place before the first two so it's not being called Lunar 3. Of course, the official name hasn't been announced yet so potentially a 3 could slip into it -- but there hasn't been any indication of that yet.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, this seems to be more a gaiden like Lunar: Magic School was, only further in the past. It's not really Lunar 3, but it seems like it might have more of an importance on the series than Magic School did, just due to the fact that it will be released here.

But no, just as with Magic School, there's no "3" in the title, at least not yet, so unless the name comes out saying "Lunar 3: Subtitle" then it can't really be called Lunar 3. And even if UbiSoft called it Lunar 3, but it wasn't called that in Japan, I'd have a hard time calling it that myself.

So to answer your question: As it stands right now, no, it is not Lunar 3.
-G1

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

I think of this more like a "Lunar 0", since everybody seems to be on the prequel boat.

Let's just hope they don't tell us that Lunar 1 was always episode 4, or something.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

But it is! ;)

ep 1 would be the story of Zophar arising on the Blue Star and Althena leading people to Lunar

ep 2 would be Genesis

ep 3 would be the Four Heroes

Mind, I think there's room for other stuff in there, and Magic School falls into this time period (before Lunar 1) too, I'm just having fun.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Alunissage wrote:But it is! ;)

ep 1 would be the story of Zophar arising on the Blue Star and Althena leading people to Lunar

ep 2 would be Genesis

ep 3 would be the Four Heroes

It's like Star Wars! They have to complete the second trilogy!

ep 4 TSS/SSSC

ep 5 EB/EBC

ep 6 LUNAR 3

see? We need it. GameArts needs to stop being so George Lucas: "Well I have the stories, but I don't really want to make them into movies wah wah wah"

Or maybe I need counseling for relating everything back to Star Wars...
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Post by Guest »

I say that lunar 3 or genesis will be cool i really want to see it :D