Would anyone like to have the Lucia resin kit?

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.

What should I do?

Should I make them myself?
11%
Should I send it to www.e2046.com
89%

Total votes: 9

Alunissage
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Alunissage »

G1, here are some pics I grabbed from Yahoo Auctions Japan; the second one shows what it looks lik in pieces. That might answer your question.

http://www.pwrsrc.net/~charlie/lucia%20resin%20kit.jpg
http://www.pwrsrc.net/~charlie/lucia%20 ... ainted.jpg

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Thanks, that makes more sense now.
-G1

Chiriku
Lyton Singer

Post by Chiriku »

I'm gonna try and find someone to make the recasts. I don't intend on massproducing them. If someone wants one we'll see what we can do. As for the resin kit, it comes in pieces, you paint it, put it together, and place it on display. Since she's a 1/6 she's a pretty good size. The lady I got her from didn't do any work to her. She was originally purchased on the Japan Yahoo auction.
Hello peeps! :)

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

How tall is she when she's fully assembled?

Chiriku
Lyton Singer

Post by Chiriku »

ilovemyguitar wrote:How tall is she when she's fully assembled?

I don't really know that yet since I've yet to put her together and I have to wait until I can get the recasting started. I'll go buy a camera today so I can take some pics of her so you can get some idea of how big she's going to be.

Do I Hear Lawers Knocking???

Post by Guest »

Hey if you mass produce it isn't that copyright infringement???

Chiriku
Lyton Singer

Re: Do I Hear Lawers Knocking???

Post by Chiriku »

Divine Dragon wrote:Hey if you mass produce it isn't that copyright infringement???

I don't see anything about copyright policies on the box, of course most of it is in Japanese. The only thing I have to say about the infringement part is that there are lots of places that are mass producing all sorts of kits. http://www.e2046.com for example has a bunch. They make an unimaginable number of recasts and I don't think they get into too much trouble for it. Most of the kits they produce are ones exclusive to convention which I believe is where the Lunar kits were probably sold since there were a limited number of them.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I wouldn't worry about it honestly. It's not like it's possible to really buy the thing, unless you get super freakin' lucky. And the recast wouldn't be an original.
-G1

Chiriku
Lyton Singer

Post by Chiriku »

GhaleonOne wrote:I wouldn't worry about it honestly. It's not like it's possible to really buy the thing, unless you get super freakin' lucky. And the recast wouldn't be an original.

Oh by the way, I got a camera and I'm gonna take some shots of what Lucia looks like. If you'd like to use them for LunarNET you're more then welcomed too. I just have to use up the camera. I don't have a digital so I have to work with what I have.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, I still use disposable ones too. They're cheap and not bad really.
-G1

Chiriku
Lyton Singer

Post by Chiriku »

Yeah, I got a camera. Now I just got to use up the rest of the film.

YoungDyne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by YoungDyne »

I'm interested, what would I have to do so I could repay you for your troubles?

Chiriku
Lyton Singer

Post by Chiriku »

Hmm, well maybe about $20? DVDs are more expensive so I don't think that's too bad. Or, what I could do is send the kit off to a company to make recasts then rather me doing them. What do you guys think?

YoungDyne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by YoungDyne »

Couldn't tell you what I think, I've never heard of a campany doing that before...can it really be done?

Chiriku
Lyton Singer

Post by Chiriku »

Well, yeah, there's an online store called e2046 that does the whole recast thing. They are no small store either let me tell you. They have a huge amount of stuff. What I will probably do is charge for the material that will go into making the kit. I know some people who have done the recasting themselves and they come out pretty good. I might add a small labor fee, but I'm not going to make a big deal out of it. I'm looking into the stuff that will help teach me to make these kits. I won't hand out anything that I might think will be a pain to put together. Oh yeah, that would be a great way to make some friends.

YoungDyne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by YoungDyne »

Oh, I see now. I hope I can scrape some money together soon, It'd be incredibly awesome to add something to my almost minuscule Lunar collection :D

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

GhaleonOne wrote:She's talking to me. She has this infatuation with getting gifts because she thinks she's special...

...it generally works.

Psh!! I never get gifts from you people. :x
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Ruby
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Ruby »

Just as a note, I do know about making the molds for "garage kits" which are used to make resin kits. Lots of resin kits (at least way back when anyway) were made by fans. I can't see where this company actually gives rates for making casts for you though, nor a section with some tips on casting your own resin models.

The place where I learned to do "garage kits" was at a con (I bet there's sites on the 'net about it to) where basically you make a mold out of this foam substance. You then cast duplicates using the mold, liquid resin, and a pressure cooker.

Chiriku
Lyton Singer

Post by Chiriku »

Oh no, no, I meant sending the kit to these people to make the kit. Their quality is really good.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

I've never heard of resin kits before today. Seems like a cool hobby. I'm interested in collecting anything Lunar related, so if possible, I'd like to get one too.
Chiriku, it's really cool that you're sharing this treasure with so many people. Especially since it's nearly impossible to get one otherwise. If we're going to chip in cash to send it to a company to be recast I'd like to help.