i dont know what to make of this

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by exigence »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:It's sad that places can't even stand forever on the INTERNET. I've seen quite a few sites,forums and chat rooms pass.
Its the will of the internet the weak sites must die off to make room for the strong ones.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Uh, the demise of the WDMB had nothing to do with it being the internet and everything to do with the demise of WD. Well, "everything" and "nothing" are probably overly absolute. But still.

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

i would have liked it if they had kept the website up even though they went out of bisness, just keep it up as a tribute to good games.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Costs money to keep a website up.
Fans may be able to buy it from them if they wanna host it themselves.
That's up to WD.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I played a bit of this disc last night. Unfortunately, it's been a while since I played the actual game so it's hard for me to compare. The main thing I noticed was that some of the menu sound effects were either mute or very, very quiet. I'll have to throw in the Japanese game as well to see what it sounds like.

The other thing was that the encounter rate MAY have been different, perhaps to make it faster. The first save I loaded was my Alex/Laike one, from just before Laike hits level 96. I got into the first battle and levelled him up, and then just didn't hit another random encounter on the field (between Tamur and Myght's tower, obviously) at all. May be the only time I've heard the music completely cycle through while walking around. I wondered briefly if it had to do with Laike's levelling up, similar to how after a certain level in EB/EBC you can't fight monsters in the Blue Spire, but then I got into battles at the normal rate in Myght's tower.

After that I started a new game and had the usual rather high encounter rate on the field and in the White Dragon Cave but very low in the Weird Woods, like, two battles while going through the whole place and poking into corners and stuff. I remember that place being rather brutal, mainly because of the flies attacking so quickly, but if the rate had always been that low it wouldn't have been a problem. My husband suggested that the difficulty may have been turned down to speed up review play, though it may also have just been still being tweaked. Again, will need to check both the US and Japan releases to see.

Incidentally, the manual is stamped with the "promotional use only, not for resale" stamp and doesn't have the tear-out card in the back. I haven't compared it to my own disc 1 manual but have no reason to expect any differences; the manuals could and would be printed ahead of the game's finalization. All the voices I heard (which were just the opening song and Nall's, Luna's, and Quark's first scenes) were the final ones and probably the rest is too.

Baajikiil
Meryod Yokel

Post by Baajikiil »

Sorry, I would have responded sooner, but I don't stop by here all that often.
...Is one of you "Bajikill" that is posting on that auction? I'm only asking because I once knew someone by the name "Bajikal" and haven't heard from them in a long time.
Kind of a nostalgic thing; I met him at a "Shining Soul" (gba) forum, and since this is also video game related, thought I might as well ask...
I'm Baajikiil, but I've never gone by "Bajikal", so no luck there.

Also,
Nevermind. I'm not paying that much for it. And no, that wasn't me that sent the bidding up to $51. I already have a "gamma" copy of the game the way it is. Must have been someone here that saw it and wanted it quite a bit. That Bajikill guy has posted here before I think. He's sniped me more than once for Lunar items on Ebay.
Yeah, I often see names I recognise from here or elsewhere on gaming related auctions. I have a modest collection that I'm slowly adding to. I will say though, I rarely bid near the very end of an auction, and certainly don't use sniping software. I find it a little distasteful, though yes, fair game as you said.

I usually determine ahead of time how much I'm willing to pay, and put that amount in early. I'd say that for every 35 auctions or so I bid on I actually win one, because of all the sniping.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, totally understandable. In fact, I'm working on something for LunarNET that may be of interest to you in the future, if you're trying to add to your Lunar collection. One of the new features I'll be putting up this year is a "My Collection" where users can show off their Lunar collection on the site, and perhaps even some features to buy, sell and trade with other members.

Also, is there really sniping software? I just figured people waited til the last minute and bid. I usually just "watch" an item so that I get a reminder the day it's ending, then see where the bid is at and whether I want to buy it. I do regret not getting a few of those posters that Kelly Knight was selling though. Especially the Sega CD Lunar 2 poster with Hiro standing on the rock with his boomerang. And seeing that Lunar 2 promo stand thing go for like 50 bucks was ridiculous too. I wanted that thing, but not for 50 bucks.
-G1

Baajikiil
Meryod Yokel

Post by Baajikiil »

Also, is there really sniping software? I just figured people waited til the last minute and bid. I usually just "watch" an item so that I get a reminder the day it's ending, then see where the bid is at and whether I want to buy it. I do regret not getting a few of those posters that Kelly Knight was selling though. Especially the Sega CD Lunar 2 poster with Hiro standing on the rock with his boomerang. And seeing that Lunar 2 promo stand thing go for like 50 bucks was ridiculous too. I wanted that thing, but not for 50 bucks.
http://esnipe.com/ This is the standard one AFAIK. As I understand it, you just give it a max bid, and it will bid up to that in the last 15 seconds or so of an auction. They charge for this service, but it's fairly cheap. Also, you don't have to pay them unless you actually win the auction.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Baajikiil wrote:I usually determine ahead of time how much I'm willing to pay, and put that amount in early. I'd say that for every 35 auctions or so I bid on I actually win one, because of all the sniping.
Well, I hope you're not bothered that I won it -- I bid at the last minute (manually) mainly out of habit but I was always willing to pay more than what the price was for most of the auction so it wouldn't have mattered. I do sometimes just put in my max bid early in the auction and see later on if I won or not, but that totally depends on how much I care about it. In the case of Lunar items, there's so little left for me to get that when I do see something I want I'm fairly aggressive about it. But that's unlikely to happen on eBay now; I think it's been well over a year and maybe two or three since I got anything Lunar-related on eBay besides this.

Baajikiil
Meryod Yokel

Post by Baajikiil »

Alunissage wrote:Well, I hope you're not bothered that I won it -- I bid at the last minute (manually) mainly out of habit but I was always willing to pay more than what the price was for most of the auction so it wouldn't have mattered. I do sometimes just put in my max bid early in the auction and see later on if I won or not, but that totally depends on how much I care about it. In the case of Lunar items, there's so little left for me to get that when I do see something I want I'm fairly aggressive about it. But that's unlikely to happen on eBay now; I think it's been well over a year and maybe two or three since I got anything Lunar-related on eBay besides this.
Not at all. My bid($51) was knocked out pretty quickly, and I didn't get back onto Ebay for the last few days of the auction. I had meant to watch the auction to see how high the price went(and perhaps bid again if it was low), but it's just as well that a real collector got it, and the price wasn't just being bumped up artificially.

Rimmie
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Rimmie »

Oh, well, pleased to meet you anyway, Baajikill.

And I'll take this opportunity to say that I'm a sniper, I prefer not to do it any other way, and I hold no shame in it.

*Holds up a rifle with "EBAY" embedded on it* \m/
Pickle? I thought you said baseball card!

master jian
Burg Farmer

Post by master jian »

hello! :D I'm new here, and i don't now so much abaut lunar...
I'm going to buy lunar for a week, but I don't now witch lunar game
is the best...