Lunar Childhood's End and Silver Star Story Question

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
yroc
Lyton Singer
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar Childhood's End and Silver Star Story Question

Post by yroc »

I've been wondering about this question ever since reading KF's translations.

*Spoiler for those who haven't read Kizyr's translations for Childhood's End

Well, apparently, the manga takes place 3 years after Eternal Blue. In one of the pages, it states that Alice's mother died when she was young. Also, Alice's mother is actually Phacia. However, unless I'm mistaken, Phacia died when she helped Alex and the others in the Grindery. This took place during Silver Star. 1,000 years later, events of Eternal Blue occured.

Now here's the question:
How can Alice be young if Phacia had died 1,000 years earlier? Unless somehow she was severly injured but had survived. Or possibly she was stripped of her power and was exiled from Royce and Xenobia.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Phacia survived SSSC.

There's a note left by her in Vane's library.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Members of the vile tribe live long lives. Very, long lives. Pretty sure they could easily live past 200 years. Ghaleon was over 200, right? I could be wrong >_>.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

(spoiler for SSSC, Lunar: Legend, and the SSS Novels)

However, unless I'm mistaken, Phacia died when she helped Alex and the others in the Grindery. This took place during Silver Star. 1,000 years later, events of Eternal Blue occured.

There is quite a bit that says directly that Phacia survived through all that. We never quite saw her die when she confronted her two sisters, for one.

In Lunar: Legend, if you try to leave Meribia after defeating Ghaleon, then Phacia in fact will appear to you and thank Alex and Luna, saying that she'll work then towards the Vile Tribe's freedom. I can't quite remember if it's the same with SSSC. In the SSS novels, Phacia appears on the veranda of Mel's Mansion while Alex is writing a letter, telling him the same.

Lastly, like Angelalex already pointed out, Phacia did leave a note in one of the books in the Vane library, saying that the Vile Tribe didn't die out, but that they left the Frontier and mixed with the rest of the world. Phacia herself even did so {^^}. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yes, she shows up in SSSC as well if you try to leave Meribia.

Childhood's End was the first manga, written before the SSS rewrite (and hence Royce's and Phacia's design) AFAIK, and so I'm not inclined to take it as seriously as the games themselves regarding storyline.

yroc
Lyton Singer

Post by yroc »

Ahhhhh, now I get it. But I never saw Phacia when I tried to leave Meriba, after beating the game mulitple times. Rather Luna stops and talks how she can tell that Alex wants to go on another adventure. I'll play throught it once again and look for Phacia and the note.

Thanks for clearing that up and sorry for being so technical about it. I'm just one of those people who takes in everything and tries to put them in place.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

The note only appears in EBC, in one of the Vane books.

Also, in order to get her to appear, you have to do things in a certain order. If done properly, you get several things. Bromides, Mirror to view all the cut scenes, meet Tempest and Fresca again, meet Phacia again, and I'm thinking there was one other thing. *shrugs*

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

yroc
Lyton Singer

Post by yroc »

Really? I guess have I have to look it up on the net as to how to see Fresca/ Tempest and Phacia. The mirror and the final bromides I know how to get.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

There's also seeing Nash and Mia in Black Rose Street and Kyle and Jessica in Mel's mansion.

yroc
Lyton Singer

Post by yroc »

Yeah, I've known that for quite a while now. As for the note, I do remember vaguely seeing a note about the Vile Tribe in EBC.