So... is it too early to start drumming up interest?

This board is set up for topics about the fan-based Lunar MMORPG.
Development has been suspended... sorry

Moderator: WD RPG WD

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

So... is it too early to start drumming up interest?

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I'm totally tempted to go to GameFAQs and post on the Lunar boards there some info about this game, but I don't want to jump the gun, since I'm not exactly one of the people putting it together.

But the website's up now. Is this a good time to start getting the word out?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Uh... why would you do that? It's not like this is a commercial venture, where it might be desirable to have a bunch of strangers coming in and screwing around. I'm pretty sure George has said before that he was doing this for his community and didn't favor random people coming here just to mooch a free game. I can't imagine there being a need to "get the word out."

His feeling on this may have changed in the last couple of years, of course. Still, you might want to rethink your assumption that publicity is a good thing.

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Alunissage is right. Though I appreciate the intentions. The main reason is because the new game will be running off a "public server?" and with 500 people on at once you can imagine the bandwith costs. If this game gets to the point where it's costing me $500 a month I'd have to shut it down. But who knows. Right now I just want to make the game. I have plenty to do.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Okay, sounds good to me.