Suggested Races and Classes

This board is set up for topics about the fan-based Lunar MMORPG.
Development has been suspended... sorry

Moderator: WD RPG WD

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by GhaleonOne »

That's not a bad idea. The entire people of Iluk could be considered inventors, with Myght and Taben being the best of the bunch.
-G1

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

What is an Alchemist?

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

An alchemist would be someone who takes ordinary items (like herbs and such) and, through non-magical means, uses them in various combinations to create more useful items.

I don't think we've seen any bona fide alchemists in the Lunar universe, though, unless there's something in Magic School I'm not aware of.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

ilovemyguitar wrote:I don't think we've seen any bona fide alchemists in the Lunar universe, though, unless there's something in Magic School I'm not aware of.

The closest thing to an alchemist would be Dadis, Ellie and Lena's professor in Walking School / Magic School. He constructs magical items and makeup with stones and other items. There's also Brune, the herbalist, who grows magic herbs which can be combined with certain potions to make newer items (Walking School only).

Regardless, unless there's an extensive set of items that can be coded in, then either an alchemist or an inventor class is kind of a moot issue (and between the two, inventor is a lot more fitting to the Lunar environment). If there's no way to work in their special skill coding-wise, then I'm afraid they couldn't be a selectable class. WD, do you think it'd be feasible? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

The most famous example of Alchemy is when you hear the phrase "can't turn iron into gold." For many ages, kings sought the use from alchemists to turn iron or lead into gold.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

I think making an alchemest class would be easy but I'd rather just make it a talent everyone in the game has instead of an individual class.

Would this be what you all mean?

"Action=Smith
Skill=Smithing
Succeeded=Smithed
Recipe=1
Total_recipes=3

[1]
Min_Level=0
Item_Num_Needed=75
Stam_Taken=1

Take_Total=1

1_Take_Num=51
1_take_val=0
1_Take_Msg=You put one copper ore into the furnace.

Give_total=1

1_Give_Num=76
1_Give_Val=1
1_Give_dur=0
1_Base_Chance=1
1_Give_Msg=You recieve a bar of copper.
1_EXP=50

[2]
Min_Level=5
Item_Num_Needed=75
Stam_Taken=1

Take_Total=1

1_Take_Num=52
1_take_val=0
1_Take_Msg=You put one iron ore into the furnace.

Give_total=1

1_Give_Num=77
1_Give_Val=1
1_Give_dur=0
1_Base_Chance=3
1_Give_Msg=You recieve a bar of iron.
1_EXP=50

[3]
Min_Level=5
Item_Num_Needed=75
Stam_Taken=1

Take_Total=2

1_Take_Num=1
1_take_val=100
1_Take_Msg=You feed the furnace 100 gold.

2_Take_Num=76
2_take_val=10
2_Take_Msg=You put 10 copper bars into the forge.

Give_total=1

1_Give_Num=10
1_Give_Val=0
1_Give_dur=-1
1_Base_Chance=1
1_Give_Msg=You smith a suit of copper armor.
1_EXP=50'

Any word on those town names Kiz?

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Alunissage wrote:Seeing as how every Lunar game has made the distinction between humans, beastmen, and Vile Tribe, it'd be really silly to make everyone human. Dragonmaster obviously can't be a class because there's only one. There are no alchemists in the games. Etc.

alicia and laticia.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:
Alunissage wrote:Seeing as how every Lunar game has made the distinction between humans, beastmen, and Vile Tribe, it'd be really silly to make everyone human. Dragonmaster obviously can't be a class because there's only one. There are no alchemists in the games. Etc.

alicia and laticia.

Yeah, but weren't they twins? I think what Alunissage means is she doesn't want the game like SWG, where in a period of less than a couple of Jedi, in the game we have hundreds running around (both real people and NPCs)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Yes, but even in the case of the twins, they're very closely related. Twins, in fact. And this closeness makes it not much different from a single person being Dragonmaster.

On the other hand, if you had two or three people that didn't know each other at all as dragonmaster... I don't think the dragons would split their power that way. It's a single hero role, and twins can be allowed, in the same way that we have Romulus and Remus or Castor and Polydeuces in classical mythology. They seemingly act as two halves of a whole, good at different things. Alicia and Laticia were the same way, I believe.

But you wouldn't by default group, say, Achilles and Agamemnon. They disagree. And even when two heroes agree, like with Achilles and Patroclus, there's a clear power difference.
Besides, you can be very powerful without being dragonmaster, like the other three heroes as compared to Dyne, or the four heroes as compared to Alex.

And I agree with Alunissage. Lunar wasn't big on alchemy, and where it came up, it could either be considered a subset of magical study or inventing. Better to just leave it out.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Kizyr wrote:
Alunissage wrote:Are Leo and Mauri definitely half Beastmen? I remember they were originally going to be centaurs, so I'd think they were full. Gwyn might be half, though; he struck me as more human-looking, with only the ears being different.
That might be the case. There wasn't a lot specific as to which they were (I think a lot of the distinctions between humans and beastmen, at least psychologically, had faded by then).
I agree with your reasoning concerning the Vile Tribe; I suppose the same would apply to half-Viles? There have been a couple of those, of course, and it's even possible that Hiro was of that descent.
The thing is, I can't think of any negative trade-offs with having part-Vile Tribes. And unless it's a significant share (i.e., not just being of Vile Tribe descent, like Hiro) then I don't think it'll make a big difference when modifying stats. Sounds like having Vile Tribe descent is more suitable to be part of a character's background, rather than being part of their racial background.
Any particular reason we *have* to use DnD types? Why is it necessary to always do the same characteristics? Why shouldn't a priest wield a bow (which Ronfar can in EB) or a sword? And Kyle was called a ninja in TSS, or at least in the TSS manual.
We don't have to use DnD types, which is why most of those classes are not DnD archetypes--even the ones with similar names to a DnD class have significant differences. I also never said that priests can't wield certain weapons, but there are certain types which they wield more often--Ronfar is more suited to a hammer or mace, as Jessica is more suited to maces, flails, or claws. Kyle also isn't your typical ninja, but fits a Bandit class a lot more closely. KF
Racial Distinction:
It mentions in the EB guide book that comes with the CD when you open it to Leo that Leo is a Half-Beastman
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Zalbag
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zalbag »

GM's could be called "Dragonmasters" haha
I carry [Dyne's Sword]

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

perhaps instead of calling them dragon masters we could just call them heroes or legendary heroes.

BARBARIANS ARE NOT EVIL RAARGH!!! ::Goes into a rage, destroys forum::
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.