Blah blah blah

This board is set up for topics about the fan-based Lunar MMORPG.
Development has been suspended... sorry

Moderator: WD RPG WD

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I don't think the title of Dragonmaster should be available to players. It would be a total mess to keep it accurate as per Lunar canon while still keeping gameplay balanced.

If you're going to include the Chosen and the Magic Guild, I'd love to see the Thieves' Guild in Reza and Althena's Guard included as well, so thieves and warriors will have guilds to join. If it's set pre-TSS/SSSC, Althena's Guard wouldn't be canon, so an alternative to this could be the group that guards the Nanza Barrier. (Do they have a name?)

And this is a silly little request, but could there be an NPC somewhere in the world that makes a joke about Bill Clinton? Please?

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Forgot to ask, Aaron, what did you mean by 2 lunar fan games? Is there another one I dont know about?

ILMG, Thieves Guild is a good idea. And no Clinton jokes, Sorry. :?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, Kiz, that's what I was thinking of. Total side note, just something I was reminded of from my rough timeline. I'm really wondering what Phyco was thinking of since that would go with the Vheen manga, but it would be a pain to find.

Weren't there some cities and stuff mentioned in the SSS novels? (Which reminds me that I haven't read whatever the most recent novel stuff you put up since I was busy with wedding stuff then.) If I'm remembering correctly, that would probably be helpful to George in creating new cities and things.

George, we talked on IM a looong time ago about some possibilities. I'll see if I can find the log and whether there are any useful ideas at all in it; it might be totally obsolete now. But yes, I'd totally like to see guild-like groups for the various classes. Wouldn't be the Chosen for pre-L1, but the priesthood or whatever.

Rather than a Clinton joke we probably need a G1 joke. ;)

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

WD RPG WD wrote:Forgot to ask, Aaron, what did you mean by 2 lunar fan games? Is there another one I dont know about?

ILMG, Thieves Guild is a good idea. And no Clinton jokes, Sorry. :?

your game is 1 and...

this one is the other: http://www.lunarthreads.com/viewtopic.php?t=1719

They call it Lunar: Dragon Dynasty

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, that reminds me, that thread really should be in the Arts, not General Lunar, since it's fanmade rather than discussion about the official games.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

WD, what's your e-mail address? I can send you the burg sprites I ripped from L:L, maybe they can fit into the game?

Edit: Kiz, perhapes I mistook reading the Lunar Timeline on Lnet for reading it from the game? I wouldn't put it past me.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

http://www.lunar-net.com/timeline.php

Just keep in mind the time period around Lunar DS is shaky, because of a lack of Vane or Magic Empire the same time frame that TSS said both existed.

Regarding Burg, this is the entry for it on the timeline located at "~74B - 14B" (where B is before Dyne's adventures based on Ghaleon's TSS diary).

"Burg founded by southerners" according to the Lunar: Tale of the Vane Airship manga, in the first chapter. The manga states, when Dyne is about 6-8, that Burg was a recently "founded by southerners". At this time, Dyne is only about 6-8 years old. Dyne was supposed about 40 years old prior to the events of LUNAR 1. Depending on what "recent" means, Burg had likely only been around for 50 years or so before the events of LUNAR 1. But specifically, it couldn't have been built after Dyne was born. So the dates to the left are only estimates.
-G1

YoungDyne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by YoungDyne »

I'm rooting for this game, screenshots will be awesome.

Phyco, you've done pretty good with balancing classes and even coming up with a new one, but I have to say that I disagree with a couple things;

The priest just like that isn't quite balanced. I think that each class should be able to hold it's own weight in a solo and party battle (assuming you can have more than one person fighting a monster?). In light of this, if the priest is going to have these stats then a priest should be the one who focuses the most on status changes to both party members and enemies. This way one can do a lot of good in battle, solo or not. Someone might say "That's too much. A priest isn't suppose to be a great combatant; their healers."
Considering this possiblility, if a priest can only heal, then the player won't have a lot of obligation to be a priest if you just stand by and click "Althena's Litany" all day. You must consider this for all classes. If no one wants to be a certain class, then balance will be a little off-center. Same if everyone wants to be one class.

And this is my opinion of the stats and possible classes;
(in a range of very high, high, medium, low, very low)

-Priest-
Attack: Low
Defense: Medium
Magic attack: Low
Magic defense: High
Keeps party thriving. In solo battles keeps up with enemy by using stat-altering spells (anit-defense, plus-attack, etc.)

-Archer-
Attack: Very High
Defense: Very low
Magic defense: Low
Magic attack: Medium (hey, tempest wasn't that bad with wind magic ^^)
Relies on distant (mostly physical) attacks because of low defense and keeping self safe to make priests job easier.

-Warrior-
Attack: High
Defense: High
Magic Defense: Very low
Magic attack: Very low
Reliable against physical enemies. Highest HP.

-Mage-
Attack: Very Low
Defense: Low
Magic Attack: Very high
Magic defense: High
Reliable against magic enemies. Capable of using magic wands as a regular, non-mp costing weapon to help in solo battle (damage likely higher than their specific regular attack but weaker than their specific normal magic)

-White Knight (battlemage)-
Attack: Medium
Defense: Medium
Magic attack: Medium
Magic defense: Medium
Balanced party member. Doesnt excel in anything, but doesn't lack either. Perhaps ideal for people who want to make it on their own.

-Vanguard-
Attack: Low
Defense: Very High
Magic attack: Very low
Magic Defense: Very High
Reliable defender of party. If possible, can have ability that increases chance of being targeted by enemy. Or has high HP, and has ability that can heal members HP and MP by using their own HP and MP (since that likely won't be needed)

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

How about a ninja class? Their guild can be a dojo.

And I'd love to see a "Chance" magic set like Ronfar included in the game somehow, perhaps as part of the thieves' skill set.

Would it be realistic to request Crests in the game? Maybe not over-powered stuff like the Dragon Crests and the Goddess Crest, but the other types of Crests could really help balance out characters that wouldn't typically be very effective in solo battle (giving a priest offensive magic spells, warriors the ability to heal, etc).

And this is a minor thing, but I'd like it if the healing items were called herbs, healing/dover nuts, starlights, and silver lights, and not healing gum or mental gum.

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

WD RPG WD wrote:I'm getting a headache.

BTW, is there a chance any of you all could get involved in building the game? Mapping, Ripping, and sprites need to be done and I trust you all. It dosnt mean 40 hours a week. Just some help on teh side. Think about it. Thanks

Wd

I could probably help you with sprites and ripping. So what do you need?
Last edited by Zophar on Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

I dont know what your using but I own RPG MAKER XP so i know how to map and event things. Ripping and stuff like that I have no clue how to do. but if you just ask me I can make plenty of maps for you.