What are the mysterious things I see?

For talking about LunarNET, the site. Requests, suggestions, complaints, praises, etc. are for this board.
celestiallight
Lann Fisherman
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

What are the mysterious things I see?

Post by celestiallight »

White Dragon Knight
Red Dragon Priest/Priestess
Blue Dragon Ninja
Black Dragon Mage/Magician/Wizard/Warlock/Sorcerer

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

From the Second Game, EBC. They don't apply in SSSC.

The instruction booklet will list them as follows.

White Knight Leo
Red Priestess Mauri
Blue Master Lunn
Black Wizard Borgan
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Ah! You're asking about the ranks.

Ranks apply depending on the number of posts you make. The post count is on the left, below your picture with information on your basic location and your join date.

Those that you listed are ranks. In Angelalex's example, he's in the range of a Blue Dragon Ninja with 554 posts. Eventually, he'll become something else.

It's just something nifty, really. You should ideally post because you have something to say, not because you want to be a White Dragon Knight. ;)

Oh, and this is being moved to a place more relevant.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Hehehe, and some day young grasshopper, yes, some day you may become a Dragonmaster like me.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

*bonks Phyco with the Massively Maiming Mallet of Malevolance*

And, yes, you are talking about the ranks which are based off of your number of posts.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

phyco126 wrote:Hehehe, and some day young grasshopper, yes, some day you may become a Dragonmaster like me.

Dragonmaster should be retitled Spammonkey ;P
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

I have a question. Why is there a groups link when there are no groups?
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Jenner wrote:
phyco126 wrote:Hehehe, and some day young grasshopper, yes, some day you may become a Dragonmaster like me.

Dragonmaster should be retitled Spammonkey ;P

Agree. (I intended this to be a one word reply, but I wasn't sure if people would understand the irony.)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

There are groups, but they may be hidden. The link would be there regardless, I think, since it's a standard MB feature whether it's used here or not.

And high post count is not the same as spam. G1, Kizyr, and I have the highest post counts here, and I don't think that's due to spamming.

wisequark
Decrepit Old Dragon

Post by wisequark »

phyco isn't #1 anymore?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Nope, G1 is way ahead of everybody, with 1500 posts more than the next highest person (me). Kiz and Phyco are about 200 behind me.

wisequark
Decrepit Old Dragon

Post by wisequark »

i wish i still had the time to post like that :p

Dunkleheit
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dunkleheit »

In another forum, I had a conversation about spamming. Being an Anarch-level Anarch-class spammer is a good thing.

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

Postcount + 1 :wink:

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

And with this post, I hit 5500 posts.

Let's do some math. Let's say that every post I made took 1 minute to post. That's 5500 minutes. Or 91 and 2/3rds hours. Or 3.8194 days worth of posts.

And when you consider most people like spend more time reading posts than posting, that's ... okay, I need to find something else to do. :P
-G1

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

GhaleonOne wrote:And with this post, I hit 5500 posts.

Let's do some math. Let's say that every post I made took 1 minute to post. That's 5500 minutes. Or 91 and 2/3rds hours. Or 3.8194 days worth of posts.

And when you consider most people like spend more time reading posts than posting, that's ... okay, I need to find something else to do. :P

Yea, maybe you should spend some of that time GETTIN' ME MY SLIMES AND GOLD! I don't care if they are gone forever!

YOU HAVE NO OPTIONS!!
ImageImageImage

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

You're a freak G1, do you know that? :P

As for my post count, to be honest, I would still have a crap ton if all the other versions of past boards weren't wiped (though the same would go for people who where here longer than me, like Kiz and the like.)

Now, also, if I actually posted what I wanted to post lately, my post count would shoot through the roof. However, I end up deeming nearly half of all posts I make as unnessesary spam and deleting the post before I hit the submit button. *shrugs* Though there is still plenty of crap I shoot out everyday I'm sure.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

wisequark
Decrepit Old Dragon

Post by wisequark »

yeah, my post count used to be rediculous on the asp based forum. i think we basically killed ms access on that board :p

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I still have those databases. I could look it up.

Edit:

Actually, neither of you were first, according to the largest of the databases I have backed up. Though I believe there was a board crash or two, so how accurate these are, I'm not sure. Every backup I've looked at has the same top 6 though. The 7-10 mix and match, with Asmodean, Soul4ger and Ruby-chan sometimes making it into the mix in earlier backups. Jenner was a consistent 11-15 spot. Here's the list from the most recent backup I have:

1) #Sonic
2) Quark
3) Me
4) Phyco
5) Coley
6) DragonMaster (what happened to him anyways? He did all those sprites)
7) Ozone (under the monicker of Strictly Minded Deisel Soul)
8) Drumlord
9) Kiz
10) Undine

The other surprise is that DBD isn't in the list. I had thought he came in during that era. He must have been just afterwards, when Maru, Losfer and Alunissage came around.
-G1

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

WOOHOO!

Yes, I had first, a long time ago. And, like Alunissage and Kizyr (and G1 and others near the top), I made it on content. Of course, then I had less to say, so I said less and... now I'm somewhere in the middling of the top ten.

I think DBD was later. DragonMaster was competing for a while with me though. And yes, quark was way up there. And phyco was increasing faster than me (he came later).
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time