Feature request: emoji reacts to posts

For talking about LunarNET, the site. Requests, suggestions, complaints, praises, etc. are for this board.
Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Feature request: emoji reacts to posts

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

So many times I've wanted to chime in on a topic, but don't have something to say other than more or less "That's really cool", or "I see" (the latter when someone comments on something I've posted), so I don't say anything. Having emoji reacts to posts would make this a lot easier, it wouldn't clutter the forums with extremely short posts, but it would still show that people appreciate or acknowledge the post in some way. My Lunar Discord has plenty of Lunar emoji (mainly from the main character portraits from the 32-bit Lunar games) approximate to multiple emotions. Eg we have a "Lucia-happy", "Luna-scared", "Ghaleon-angry", "Xenobia-lol", etc, I'd be willing to share these if desired. But even normal emoji would suffice (eg the ones I see now in the editor view.)
Last edited by Shinto-Cetra on Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Re: Feature request: emoji reacts to posts

Post by Sonic# »

It's a good suggestion, and certainly something newer platforms like Discord have. I'm not sure emoji reacts are available in phpBB, but I frankly also don't know much about the back end.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Feature request: emoji reacts to posts

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Sonic# wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:27 pm It's a good suggestion, and certainly something newer platforms like Discord have. I'm not sure emoji reacts are available in phpBB, but I frankly also don't know much about the back end.
So I know next to nothing about phpBB, but a quick DuckDuckGo search found this: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2615851
Unfortunately, it seems to be deprecated, though the last post is from earlier this year at least.