Is LUNAR 3 ganna be like FINAL FANTASY XI?

For discussion of rumors of any new Lunar games, including the nonexistent Lunar 3

Yes
3%
No
97%

Total votes: 33

Sakkkim
BANNED
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Sakkkim »

What possibilities would Lunar 3 be like?
What do you like it to be best of?

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Final Fantasy . . . XI? Ew. I'd hate an online Lunar unless it were just some sidestory not considered to be an actual part of the series. They certainly shouldn't call it Lunar 3 if it's online at the very least. Online games tend to lack in plot and try to make up for it by surrounding you with "real people", often played by childish imbeciles who yell at you for KSing, etc. I like my Lunars to be one-player experiences.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

... no.
-G1

That Other Person
Lostest Boy
Location: That one place over there. Next to that other place. You know where I mean.

Post by That Other Person »

No online Lunar 3 please. Thank you very much.

Though a Lunar online done correctly may be good, IF done properly. A very big "IF" there.
When you hit the bottom, the only way to go is up... unless you carry a shovel.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, it would have to be extremely unique to work online. Perhaps to explore the unknown of the Blue Star, start up your own shops like Ramus, become governor of Meribia, go through the ranks of the Magic School of Vane, becoming a priest of Althena (assuming the followers of Althena kept it going post-EB), things like this would all be important. Rather that just picking a class/rank and leveling up to gain abilities, you'd have to earn your abilities through more unique ways. Learn magic at the magic school, or read the books in the Vane library to gain knowledge of things, learn karate in Horam, become an expert merchant by working for one of Ramus' stores, and opening up a shop somewhere around the world.

But really, Lunar is so story-driven, that it's hard to turn it into an MMORPG. You'd almost certainly need moderators to keep new story elements always going.
-G1

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

...Hmmm.

It'd be easier to do in MU format then it would to do it in MMPORG format.

But within MMPORG format...

You could basically keep the battle system constant with previous games. But it'd be hard to keep anything else the same.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

That Other Person
Lostest Boy
Location: That one place over there. Next to that other place. You know where I mean.

Has anyone else heard that Grandia is going online? Ugh. I hope they do it right.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Lunar is a game best kept offline. I really don't know what they intend to do with Grandia Online, but story always seems to suffer going that route.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I don't think the Lunar series is quite popular enough right now to support an MMORPG anyway. Perhaps if there's a Lunar 3, and it's sufficiently successful, then it would be a possibility.

And honestly, I don't think I'd be against Lunar Online. I'm sure Game Arts would find a way to make it work.

That Other Person
Lostest Boy

True, GameArts rarely does go wrong.

(Note the word "rarely" in there. They do screw up occasionally. Note Grandia Extreme in that catagory.)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Did GameArts develop Grandia Xtreme though? Just curious. I don't really know. Supposedly for a Grandia battle fan, it was good, but at the expense of story for sure.
-G1

LUNARverse
Pao Hunter

Post by LUNARverse »

Grandia Xtreme isnt terrible, in fact it does have some semblance of a story once you get a little farther into it, but the first few dungeons are just incredibly tedious, and the story isnt anywhere near as grand as Grandia or Grandia II.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Ooooooooo, what a wonderful rumor to start :D

Well, if FF ever comes within a 100000 mile radious of the Lunar name, I'm gonna buy me the biggest, baddest, meanest gun out there and bust a cap in my head. *sigh* Too bad they outlawed me from gun shops ;-;

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Hiro-67
Student of Vane

Post by Hiro-67 »

ill stick with the old fashion lunar.

SilverOcean
Lyton Singer

Post by SilverOcean »

Oh, please no. That's what made FF horrible.

Kale
Student of Vane

Post by Kale »

I agree, they should keep lunar offline, or if they DO want to go online, make it kind of a side story. See I'd like to see it more like Guild Wars. You know, make your own character, go through areas and all that stuff, level, make friends, all that and make your own story as you progress. And also KEEP THE DANGED SERVERS FREE! thats why i left FFXI in the first place.
"I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but...What kind of Cheesy poof is that!?"
~Ruby, Lunar 2 Eternal Blue after meeting Mystere

Post by Guest »

Yeah, it would have to be extremely unique to work online. Perhaps to explore the unknown of the Blue Star, start up your own shops like Ramus, become governor of Meribia, go through the ranks of the Magic School of Vane, becoming a priest of Althena (assuming the followers of Althena kept it going post-EB), things like this would all be important. Rather that just picking a class/rank and leveling up to gain abilities, you'd have to earn your abilities through more unique ways. Learn magic at the magic school, or read the books in the Vane library to gain knowledge of things, learn karate in Horam, become an expert merchant by working for one of Ramus' stores, and opening up a shop somewhere around the world.
Well if they do make L3 a online game then they should make it an online and a offline game where you can just follow the storyline while offline, or like G1 said make your own shops and go through the guild n stuff while online. Also I really hope Lunar 3 is not gonna be like FFXI cause I hate that game :) .

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

No online Lunar games, damnit! Online games do not focus on story, and for a game like Lunar it would destroy it. Certain types of games are fine being online, but Lunar is story driven, and needs to stay that way.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, I wouldn't want to see a commercial Lunar online game, as in the company thinking it's equivalent to an offline one. Fan things are another matter.

love a riddle
Lostest Boy

Post by love a riddle »

Hmm... I wouldn't mind, as long as it had a story. FFXI had a story and an end, although you could keep on playing after that. If they do it like that, that might work, but then the whole party thing and story would need to be pretty impressive to make it work.