When will you guys ever GIVE UP waiting?!

For discussion of rumors of any new Lunar games, including the nonexistent Lunar 3

How long are you willing to wait for LUNAR 3?

2 Months?
No votes
6 Months?
No votes
1 Year?
No votes
3 Years?
9%
or.... for the next 5 Years!
91%

Total votes: 23

Sakkkim
BANNED
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

When will you guys ever GIVE UP waiting?!

Post by Sakkkim »

When is LUNAR 3 ganna be released?!

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

You forgot the "I gave up a few years ago" option :P
-Rich-

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

A lot of people here have been 'waiting' since 1996.
You can figure the math. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Never give up, never surrender. Remember, we wield the power of humanity! With that, anything becomes possible!
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

Considering how long I've been 'waiting' I don't think I'd really even notice how many more years it took. It isn't like I don't have a mile long backlog of games to keep me occupied until Lunar 3 finally shows up. :)
- Mike

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

And honestly, before Lunar DS, everyone claimed Lunar was dead and would never be resurrected. I'd say the series sure is fighting to stay alive.
-G1

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

GhaleonOne wrote:And honestly, before Lunar DS, everyone claimed Lunar was dead and would never be resurrected. I'd say the series sure is fighting to stay alive.

Famitsu reported its first day sales were 7000, so it's got a lot more fighting to do ;)
-Rich-

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Agreed, but yet, Lunar Legend sold like crap in Japan as well (though likely not as bad as DS has), and did quite well over here. It's weird to think a Japanese RPG series' future hangs on by North American fans. :P

Personally, I see DS breaking 100k here, just due to the fact that I keep seeing so many fans planning to buy it just because they're starved for a DS RPG.
-G1

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

If the game had some damn advertising it would sell a lot better. The only way you're going to see it thrive is through word of mouth, because people aren't going to know about it unless they see some mention of it in a magazine, or through a friend.
Last edited by Silver Phoenix on Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

If the game had some damn advertising it would sell a lot better. The only way you're going to see it thrive is through word of mouth, because people aren't going to know about it unless they see some mention of it, in a magazine, or through a friend.

Well I will agree with that opinion I found out about LL just 4 months ago
I would have bought it sooner if i had seen some advertisment or something.

Jyd3n
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jyd3n »

I remember reading in Nintendo Power, in the issue they talk about Lunar Dragon Song, that they were considering continuing the series depending on how well the release of Dragon Song goes. I really hope that it goes well because even if they only release Lunar 3 on the Gamecube or it's succesor i will definately buy them to play the game.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well, you have to realize that advertisements are extremely expensive (several thousand for just a small add in N.P. if I recall) I'm sure they don't expect the game to do well, so by not advertising, they are essentially trying to squeez the money out of the game without spending more than developement costs at what not. Besides, I don't recall any TV adds for any Lunar here in the US, but I recall TV adds in Japan.

Edit: I still say that if you tacked Final Fantasy in the game, it'll sell free hotcakes in a starving metropolis.

SSSFan
Red Dragon Priest
Location: in front of my computer, above my keyboard, at the lunarnet forum, in my house etc. etc.

Post by SSSFan »

I hope the series will continue, I really want to see some other lunar games to be released, like everyone here. so I hope Lunar DS will sell very well. But when they think to continue the series I hope we don't have to wait 10 years for a new lunar again.

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

phyco126 wrote:Well, you have to realize that advertisements are extremely expensive (several thousand for just a small add in N.P. if I recall) I'm sure they don't expect the game to do well, so by not advertising, they are essentially trying to squeez the money out of the game without spending more than developement costs at what not. Besides, I don't recall any TV adds for any Lunar here in the US, but I recall TV adds in Japan.

Edit: I still say that if you tacked Final Fantasy in the game, it'll sell free hotcakes in a starving metropolis.

Lunar Legend was advertised in all the major magazines. I don't think it had an online ad campaign though.
-Rich-

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

GhaleonOne wrote:Agreed, but yet, Lunar Legend sold like crap in Japan as well (though likely not as bad as DS has), and did quite well over here. It's weird to think a Japanese RPG series' future hangs on by North American fans. :P

Well, stranger things have happened. Look at the Castlevania franchise.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Rich is right. Lunar Legend had advertising in at least three major magazines. It was in Nintendo Power and Play Magazine for at least one issue. Might have been in it for more than one. Lunar: Dragon Song is going to be in Nintendo Power and Pocket Games. I believe in the October/November or November/December issue(s). I can't remember which exactly though. And yes, LunarNET will be linked in the advertisement again. ^_^
-G1

SSSFan
Red Dragon Priest
Location: in front of my computer, above my keyboard, at the lunarnet forum, in my house etc. etc.

Post by SSSFan »

someone said he/she will wait for only 3 years. okay, WHO DID IT?!::pumps his shotgun::

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Somebody must've lost faith in the power of humanity.

Tsk Tsk. :wink:
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Seems like the obvious answer is "when it comes out". Or is officially cancelled. It's not like waiting is the same thing as expecting or hoping for or anticipating.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

There was also no option for 10 years, seeing as how some of us have been waiting that long, right?