Ideas for Lunar 3, Lunar 2 remake, and side-games.

For discussion of rumors of any new Lunar games, including the nonexistent Lunar 3
Klover
Reza Thief
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Ideas for Lunar 3, Lunar 2 remake, and side-games.

Post by Klover »

They remake should Lunar 2 before making Lunar 3.

I'm sure that a lot of people who got Silver Star Harmony as their very first Lunar game probably know little to nothing about EB, MSL, and DS.

So, it would make a lot of sense if Lunar 2 were remade for PS3, PSVita, and maybe the XBOX 360 and/or PC. Also, they could put it on the PSN, so that PSP owners who don't have a Vita or PS3 could also play.

And then, maybe a year after this EB remake is released in NA, Lunar 3 could be released for the same systems. Then, we'd have Lunar 1, 2, and 3 in the same console generation.

Heck, maybe they could make a good version of Dragon Song (and Dragon Song's Lucia better get a name change and she'd best have blue hair) and finally remake Magic School and release it in NA after L2 is remade and L3 is made. Maybe not on the same systems, but it would be cool.

Also, a game about the four heroes (Dyne, Ghaleon, Lemia, and Mel) would be awesome

To me, this makes a lot of sense; have Lunar 1, 2, and 3 first (in that order), and then Dragon Song/Genesis, Magic School, and Four Heroes (in that order) second.

I don't really have any ideas about the story of Lunar 3, but I would like to know what you guys think. Not just your ideas for L3, but also for a Lunar 2 remake and ideas for the side-games.
^What I think of Lunar.^

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: Ideas for Lunar 3, Lunar 2 remake, and side-games.

Post by Aaron »

I don't think that Lunar 3 will ever follow the same story arch as Lunar 2. If they were to even make a Lunar 3 in the same time frame as Lunar 2 then the only things that would be related to Lunar 2 would be some characters and places. The problem is that you have a large amount of people who have played Lunar 1 but not Lunar 2. There just really isn't a lot to go off of if you want to include those people without having them play Lunar 2.

I think Lunar 3 will either be completely different from what people expect or they'll draw from the Lunar lore. Such as the 4 heroes, the Blue Star, or more likely something completely fresh and unrelated so the story could freely go where it wants. Imagine Final Fantasy sequels like Lunar.

But having said all that I have thought about Lunar 3 and I wish that it would pick up where Hiro and Lucia left off. *le sigh*

The problem is, where do you go from I just killed the devil? What villain could possibly stand in your way? Hiro was never stripped of his power, neither was Lucia. Ghaleon repented, and Zophar died. All the heroes survived. It would be too cliche to have one of the main characters from Lunar 2 turn against his/her former allies and try to take over the world. Also too many people would be pissed with that idea.

That and the sad fact that Lunar isn't popular is why Lunar 3 will never exist as a direct sequel to Lunar 2.

But if for some odd reason they did decide to go that route I think the enemy should literally be the Blue Star. Think about it, a dead world with a harsh climate. You are an adventurer trying to figure out a way to heal your world (the Blue Star). As you progress you heal the planet while uncovering the Blue Stars lost history and encountering monsters that are much stronger than anything on Lunar. Some puzzles have you jump back and forth from Lunar to the Blue Star. The only problem is there would have to be a sense of urgency to this scenario. There would have to be a reason why the Blue Star needs to be healed quickly. Perhaps Lunar is dying? Perhaps there is a force that is being awoken as the Blue Star heals and that force remembers Zophar and Althena and Lucia.

That's just a little of what I think happen.

EternalDragonX
Nanza Bandit

Post by EternalDragonX »

So long as Nall and Ruby are the main characters as humans with the ability to change form to dragon(also as the love interest). I don't care what else they do for LUNAR 3.

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

I think that would be good as a subplot or some sort of dlc adventure. But I wouldn't like it as a main plot device.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Aaron wrote:It would be too cliche to have one of the main characters from Lunar 2 turn against his/her former allies and try to take over the world.
And yet, that appears to be what happened with the Four Heroes, according to SSH's opening. The real reason you dislike the game? :lol:

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

That would be one reason. My disdain for SSH is caused by a couple of flaws. But to be honest I think that the prologue was one of the strongest points in SSH. I do agree though that it is a cheap move to inject a new character with the same themes Ghaleon had. Also it was horribly cliche.

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

What about the fact that SSH is shrunk down even more than the PS1 versions? These games just get smaller and smaller.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Leo wrote:What about the fact that SSH is shrunk down even more than the PS1 versions? These games just get smaller and smaller.
Aye. Each new game be like sailin' in shrinking seas.

TSS & EB, worlds as wide open as the Pacific.
SSS, they remove overland enemies an' towns are shrunk down so it's like sailin' in the Mediterranean.
SSH, ye may as well be sailin' in an inland lake.
...an' DS was a kiddie pool far as I be concerned.

Me estimate be that each game the designers keep notchin' down the challenge. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

The next ones will be ebooks.