What I would like the next NEW Lunar game to be about.

For discussion of rumors of any new Lunar games, including the nonexistent Lunar 3
Jenner
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

What I would like the next NEW Lunar game to be about.

Post by Jenner »

Not that there will ever be a new Lunar Game.
And, of course, I may have posted about this before but since I only grace Lunar-Net with my presence two to three times a year (you guys just cannot handle any more exposure to my awesomeness, no forum can contain it.) I've forgotten if I've touched on it in the past. So, if I'm repeating myself, I apologize.

Basically, I'd like to know more about the Frontier. The story of Althena's treatment of the people of the Frontier always perked my curiosity. And none of the Lunar games really go in depth into the Frontier and it's inhabitants beyond establishing that, in the past, the people of the Frontier did something so horrible and sinful that even the goddess of LOVE turned her eyes and light away from them and left them to rot without her blessing. Long after the Frontiers people who committed that original sin were dead and dust Althena continued to judge the people of the Frontier and spurn them her magnificence. And yet, even without the presence of the Goddess, the people of the Frontier managed to survive and eek out a meager existence within an otherwise virtually inhospitable wasteland. One could even argue that they THRIVED. I'd like a story that FOCUSED on the hardy grim survivors who make their lives out in the Frontier beyond the radiance of Althena's Light.

This game could also tell the story of what happened to the Black Dragon that made her/him go batshit. It could investigate into the concept and mindset of people who have faith that is unanswered, turned away from faith and embraced atheism because their goddess ignores them, people who feel judged and guilty and incapable of redemption, and people who feel rage and anger at their fates. Everything in between. I like the idea of a Priest character who cannot cast holy spells because Althena isn't there for him but who still goes through the motions because it's all he knows. I like the idea of the old Althena statues and holy rocks not working, and falling into disrepair, perhaps even desecrated, and the hostilities the priest character may encounter in a world that feels abandoned and -Dragon Diamond- on my the divine. There is so much more that could be investigated in a story like this, and seriously, it makes my moist in my lady places just thinking of it.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Re: What I would like the next NEW Lunar game to be about.

Post by phyco126 »

I want a lunar game where you can conquer the world. MUA HAHAHAHAHAHA! Like a RTS! Dragons can be Commandos, Grindaries can be tanks, Goddess Fortress thingies can be defense buildings, little burg villages can be the source of dragonmaster soldiers, and so on and so on.

Add in a little dash of insanity, that would make an epic game.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

The next Lunar game should be about Lucia taking over the full reigns as the Goddess of the Blue Star, unhappy with Althena's decision to leave humans the rulers of their own destinies. The story would follow Lucia's first Dragonmaster, who slowly learns the truth about Althena and why she gave up her immortality, and then turns on Lucia in order to restore humanity to power. The final battle would be between a powerless Dragonmaster (and his colorful crew of friends which he meets along his journey) against Lucia and her four dragons.

Maybe I just want an excuse to beat up Lucia.
- Mike

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Nah, the next DragonMaster should just hire a gang of whores. That would be awesome.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

phyco126 wrote:Nah, the next DragonMaster should just hire a gang of whores. That would be awesome.
They gotta have blue hair.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

Blue hair is so 1997.
- Mike

Gegi
Burg Farmer

Post by Gegi »

phyco126 wrote:Nah, the next DragonMaster should just hire a gang of whores. That would be awesome.
What is this FFX2!? But yeah I wouldn't mind the next dragon master surrounded by whores... Oh wait they tried that.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

The pink haired girl in Saith would work for free.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

The next Lunar game should be a 4X real time space strategy gamein Lunar's distant future, where the magic of Althena has spread to different worlds, and people travel between the stars through teleporters and gigantic, graceful dragons. But the power gets fragmented and dispersed, and it's your job to bring them all together again, while avoiding so much strife and bloodshed that Zophar would be brought back.

... lacking that, your idea doesn't sound bad, Jenner. ;)
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

I actually like NallOne's idea, I would play that game in a heartbeat. But I would like Lucia to come back to her senses after getting the snot beaten out of her. Who knows maybe she was partially possessed by Zophar during the final battle in EB.

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

Monde Luna wrote:I actually like NallOne's idea, I would play that game in a heartbeat. But I would like Lucia to come back to her senses after getting the snot beaten out of her. Who knows maybe she was partially possessed by Zophar during the final battle in EB.
Yes!

Zophar planted a little seed in Lucia as he disappeared, but it didn't take hold of her until Hiro passed away of old age and sent her into a deep, dark depression.

I should totally fanfic this idea, but I hate fanfics. :lol:
- Mike

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

I like it, seems doable to me.

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

I would like to see this in Lunar 3.

It is perhaps 500 years after the events of Lunar 2. Lucia is still alive, living on the Blue Star. People have begun to repopulate the Blue Star. She assumes a distant role from the people, and is crushed after hundreds of years without Hiro. Nall, Ruby and the other two dragons are still on Lunar.

Someone (the main character) begins to explore the "Frontier" of the Blue Star, and finds the Star Dragon Cave.

Something happens, The Star Dragon shuts down transportation between the Blue Star and Lunar.

The goal of this game is to finally see the Blue Star healed. And the key to doing that involves various clues, dungeons, events, ect. on Lunar and the Blue Star. Much of the past before Zophar is explained. Lucia is explained. The Blue Star exodus is explained in greater detail.

The major villian in all of this becomes the Star Dragon, and the entity that created the Star Dragon. They desire to see the Blue Star and Lunar harvested for their magic so that they can live forever. While not stronger than Zophar (Zophar is a god after all) they are nearly as strong.

This game would have two endings, one where you heal the Blue Star and one where you don't.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

NallOne wrote:
Monde Luna wrote:I actually like NallOne's idea, I would play that game in a heartbeat. But I would like Lucia to come back to her senses after getting the snot beaten out of her. Who knows maybe she was partially possessed by Zophar during the final battle in EB.
Yes!

Zophar planted a little seed in Lucia

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

B_G I hope you are not referencing a need for Lucia to have ovaries... because then the story just becomes complicated. :)

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Monde Luna wrote:B_G I hope you are not referencing a need for Lucia to have ovaries... because then the story just becomes complicated. :)
ZOMG Lucia is carrying Zophar's illegitimate demon spawn!

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

Zophar's illegitimate demon spawn ... who will go on to become the main character of Lunar 4. :P
- Mike

Theta
Nanza Bandit

Post by Theta »

So where does that leave Hiros kid?
Dokken does not like chicken, and wants to destroy it. Protect your chicken from Dokken.

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Guild_Premier_Ghaleon »

Theta wrote:So where does that leave Hiros kid?
Unfortunately constant contact with the Dragonship Destiny and its alien magicks has made Mr. Hiro sterile... Sucks.
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I think a new remake is needed instead. In this remake, Lunar 2 and Lunar 1 take place during the same time, so characters can be changed in and out of your party. It makes the game so much more dynamic. Then make Lucia some sort of semi-love story with Alex, but when Lucia goes to take a bath, Ghaleon comes out of the sky and impales her! DUN DUN DUN! PLOT TWIST! Then, Ghaleon tries to awaken Jeno, erm, I mean Zophar, and Alex has to stop him before its too late!