What I would like the next NEW Lunar game to be about.

For discussion of rumors of any new Lunar games, including the nonexistent Lunar 3
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: What I would like the next NEW Lunar game to be about.

Post by Kizyr »

Kei Shigema has admitted that he doesn't like thinking too deeply about the background, since he prefers letting fans discuss and debate amongst themselves over what things mean, the connections between the games, the history and legends, and so on.

I think he put the Mystic Ruins in just to see what connections fans would draw unprompted. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

The entrance to the mystic ruins remind me of Vane. Was there anywhere else in Lunar that used teleporters besides Vane?
Actually, Monde Luna, they could have built a ruin over the teleporters that were supposed to take you to the Frontier in TSS. It's been a LONG time since I've played TSS, but I do remember them being on the edge of the Frontier on the outside of the mountainous barrier.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

True, although the notion of building a ruin is kind of amusing.

I'll stick with my theory that it's Taben's Tower. :P

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I should have worded that better. I meant that maybe they built some kind of structure over it and after time passed, it fell into a ruin.

I dunno though. I always felt the Mystic Ruins were something that just wasn't visible in TSS.
-G1

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

GhaleonOne wrote:I should have worded that better. I meant that maybe they built some kind of structure over it and after time passed, it fell into a ruin.

I dunno though. I always felt the Mystic Ruins were something that just wasn't visible in TSS.
The world may never know... At one point I had even talked myself into thinking it was the remains of the Goddess Tower but that was just as silly as any other idea I posted. :P I guess the Mystic Ruins are just a place Ghaleon likes to chill with his faries, strange dude.

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

Well seeing as how the Mystic ruins were built after the fall of Vane, it was constructed sometime after the events of Lunar 1. Probably a projected headed by someone who knew what happened or had first hand knowledge of what happened in Lunar 1. It probably was someone from Vane that built it.

It was obviously a warning to people to not let the mistakes of the past repeat themselves. Perhaps it was a monument to those darker days?

I'm basing all of this on the fact that their is a recording of the events of Lunar 1 at the top of the tower.

I think Ghaleon found it to be the closest thing to his time that he enjoyed being there.

What really bugs me is are the Blue Spire, the Sphinx, the Dragon Ruins, the Star Dragon Tower, and that tower that pops up in the epilogue (near Pentagulia's ruins).

I don't understand if Althena transported everyone by magic/dragon/dragonmaster then why the need for a tower on the Blue Star and a pair of towers on Lunar?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Aaron wrote:Well seeing as how the Mystic ruins were built after the fall of Vane, it was constructed sometime after the events of Lunar 1. Probably a projected headed by someone who knew what happened or had first hand knowledge of what happened in Lunar 1. It probably was someone from Vane that built it.

I'm basing all of this on the fact that their is a recording of the events of Lunar 1 at the top of the tower.
Right, and the Goddess Tower must've been built after the events of Lunar 1 because there's a recording of Luna in it in EB... oh, wait.

That logic isn't logical. There's nothing innate about the recording that was required in order for the tower to be built. If there had been other scenes of Lunar 1 throughout the tower, maybe, but one recording at the top of the tower says nothing about when the tower itself was made.
I don't understand if Althena transported everyone by magic/dragon/dragonmaster then why the need for a tower on the Blue Star and a pair of towers on Lunar?
When does it say that Althena transported everyone "by magic/dragon/dragonmaster"? The reliefs at the beginning of the game show people metaphorically travelling to Lunar in ships; the remakes incorporated an actual ship of sorts. There are transporters all over the place requiring fountains. Why shouldn't a physical structure also be required?

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

Lucia explains that Althena used her magic to move everyone to Lunar. A physical structure is not required to teleport. Ghaleon could blink places, so could the 4 heroes in EB and so could Zophar. The White Dragon Wings also allowed people to warp regardless of location.

I'm pretty sure that the move from the Blue Star to Lunar was not instantaneous and they did have to actually travel to Lunar.

As for the Mystic ruins...I think that anything is possible. But, I think it was constructed after Lunar 1.

Just because the Goddess Tower has a recording doesn't mean the purpose of the Mystic Ruins was something other then to house a recording of Ghaleon's battle.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Aaron wrote:Lucia explains that Althena used her magic to move everyone to Lunar. A physical structure is not required to teleport. Ghaleon could blink places, so could the 4 heroes in EB and so could Zophar.

Zophar attacks Lucia and weakens the hell out of her, but where is he? Is he floating in the sky using mind powers to attack her and he's "off camera" to us? Is he an invisible entity that is always in all places and he's so confident that he opts not to attack Lucia again or anything until the end of the game?

Shiroryuu
Burg Farmer

Post by Shiroryuu »

I'd love to see Lunar 3 be about the next generation being cyberpunked RPG 1000 years later from Lunar 2.

This time it'd connect not only Earth, but also Blue Star in this story and gameplay, just like in Final Fantasy IV.

The next tiny dragon would be the blue one with the smart and wise characteristic, or the dark one with the ironic and badass characteristic(just like Nero in Lunar Knights(DS)). :)

As for the characters it'd be like Final Fantasy IV, one would be the dragonmaster, one the ninja(like Jean), one the priest(Ronfar) and the two would be twin magicians with the opposite magic powers(water-wind-fire-earth)(just like Porom and Palom - FFIV).

:)

And of course the return of Ghaleon as the secret helper of theirs to assist them in their mission and in his knowledgement from the past. :)