2d or 3d?

For discussion of rumors of any new Lunar games, including the nonexistent Lunar 3
Audric
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

2d or 3d?

Post by Audric »

Which would you like to see?

Personally i would like it to stay 2d like the orginals =)

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

I don't really care as long as the story flows well with the previous games. The Lunar series was never about graphics. It would be great for continuity, but as Dragon Song shows it doesn't have to be completely 2D in order work out. I'd be happy to just get a Lunar 3 after all these years - I don't think I'd nitpick on a single thing. Well, until I got it home and in my hands, of course. Then I would dissect it. :P

From my understanding, if Lunar 3 comes out on a Sony console then 2D isn't an option.
- Mike

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, pretty much. It's getting very hard for a 2d game to be approved.

When I first played SSSC, I'd only played about two current-generation games, Ocarina of Time and Legend of Legaia. I was really startled to see that SSSC was still 2D since I'd thought all the current games would be 3D like Legaia (which is essentially 2D play but with 3D sprites and backgrounds). And if it was possible to think like that in 1999, it's undoubtedly even more true now.

I'd like to see it cel-shaded like Wind Waker, I think, but wouldn't really expect it to be unless the gameplay really changed.

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

Cel-Shading worried me when it first came out simply because it was so 'new and different', but now that you bring it up I actually think it would work well with a 3D Lunar. I would much prefer Cel-Shading to completely CG characters.

My main hope for Lunar 3 is that it retains at least a bit of the battle system from the old Lunar games. Lunar Legend and Dragon Song have both completely altered the battle system more or less. Would be nice to return to those similar battles. They worked so well. :P

Everything else I will take it as it is given. My expectations are surprisingly low. I just want a Lunar 3 now. My hopes were all but snuffed out before Dragon Song was announced. :wink:

It really is a shame that 2D Games are becoming so difficult to get approved. I enjoy technological advancements as the next person, but I don't see how using what has worked in the past is such a big deal. Everyone is always so quick to 'push the limits of their hardware'. :roll:
- Mike

Audric
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Audric »

i Love 2d rpg's...Mainly probably why because the 1st rpg i ever played was lunar SSS =P Go 2D^^

Post by Guest »

I'd prefer 2d like the other Lunar games and they also better be anime.

Etherest
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Etherest »

I'd rather have a mix of cel-shading and 3D.
Okay, Hacker, listen up. I am tired of your fake assumptions! What is your problem?! Do you just like to mess with 14 year olds, who KNOW they don't lie to people at a site they consider HOME?!! PM ME NOW!

Audric
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Audric »

As long as theirs anime cut scenes the game could look good in 2d,3d or cel shaded =P

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Don't care.

Though I have grown rather found of the 2D graphics.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

meru
Reza Thief

Post by meru »

The game play should be in 3d, but the movies in 2d, like the others. That's what I was thinking.
I wanted healing, attention, and love to gain. But you gave me hatred, abuse and pain.
-Meru

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I would love a richly detailed 2-D Lunar, or a design like Grandia or Grandia II if they decided to go 3-D. I don't know about a cell shaded Lunar though, only if it were done perfectly.

artzi
Red Dragon Priest

Post by artzi »

2d 3d cross over megamix. 8)

(what i'm a thinking...?)

LUNARverse
Pao Hunter

Post by LUNARverse »

I am to the point that I dont really care anymore. I'd rather 2D, but outside of handhelds, its becoming a thing of the past. All I can say is Look at Grandia III, it looks amazing in 3D and it has an Iwadare Soundtrack to boot. Grandia and Grandia II were awesome, so if GIII is also great, I can't see how that wouldn't be an indication of what the Lunar Series might be like in 3D.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Actually, I wouldn't mind Grandia II-esque graphics. Even though they were 3-D, they actually felt pretty 2-D because of the angle of presentation. Of course, I'd love to see it get Tales of Rebirth or Shining Tears treatment. Those beautiful hand-painted backgrounds and cute character sprites are so perfectly Lunar . . .
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

At the rate Lunar 3 is taking...

I still see potential for an entirely animated Lunar.

Imagine the whole game, instead of merely cutscenes...in anime format...

If Lunar 3 takes long enough, that's what we might get.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I'd think getting nothing is a lot more likely than getting anime. Nothing, after all, is what we've gotten for the last ten years.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Nothing 3: All The Nothing You've Been Waiting For