What's in Lunar 3 ??????

For discussion of rumors of any new Lunar games, including the nonexistent Lunar 3

Who Do You Think Will Be Back In Lunar 3?!?

Ghaleon
14%
Zophar
3%
luna
No votes
Lucia
20%
Alex
6%
Hiro
6%
The Four Dragons
51%

Total votes: 35

MiaOne
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by MiaOne »

Alunissage wrote:
By the way, I think you mean Hiro's and Lucia's descendants, not ancestors. ;)

Whoopse! :oops: Silly me. Thanks Aluin.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Gilbertgrapegoof
Lann Fisherman

Post by Gilbertgrapegoof »

i really hope that the future lunar games will include dragonmasters and the trials for them. I feel its a mega part of the series. If they didnt include dragonmasters i would be a lost soul

Audric
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Audric »

GhaleonOne wrote:
Likely the Four Dragons, and possibly Lucia and Zophar. I don't think we'll see another Ghaleon rebirth, except in the form of a Four Heroes game.

I agree With you on that one =)

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

If you want a Ghaleon rebirth, look no further than Ignatius, leader of the Vile Tribe on the Frontier :roll::P

Post by Guest »

Ignatius is Ghaleon cause like the Dragonmasters he changed his name
or at least I hope it's Ghaleon or a relative.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Eh, Ignatius isn't Ghaleon. He's a different character. Ghaleon wasn't even born 1,000 years prior to Silver Star Story.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

I want Ghaleon back in Lunar

Post by Guest »

Nooooo!!! Well it could be that Ignatius is Ghaleons father or grandfather or even great grandfather.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

It all depends on which timeline and backstory for Ghaleon we're going off of. The manga would have Ghaleon as like, I think 130 years old in Silver Star Story, but then, the manga also made it seem like Vane was fairly early in it's years at that point, and we know for a fact Vane is in Dragon Song now. Therefor that's probably nixed. It's certainly possible there's some Ignatius/Ghaleon connection, but I'm still doubting it personally. I still feel Ghaleon is something besides just part of the Vile Tribe race. He seems to have elvish qualities, and Shigema and the like have never been quick to state what Ghaleon is.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

He's unambiguously Mazoku (Vile Tribe), from the Shigema-approved Vheen manga. Don't think there's any reason to read more into that. I think Shigema may have called him something else when it was only TSS, but that was before all the backstory was developed.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, but still, considering Lunar: Dragon Song, they've likely ditched the manga's backstory. Going by Dragon Song, Vane's in the game, and in the manga, wasn't Vane fairly young? If so, that throws that story out the window. I could have just remembered the manga wrong though. It's been some time since I've read the translations.
-G1

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

There's definitely a differance between the female Vile Tribe memebers and then the memebers like Ghaleon. Xenobia, Royce, and Phacia had no elf ears and most of their cohorts were monsters, even they were monsters in disguise. Then again...in TSS Ghaleon was also a monster in disguise.

So would Ghaleon and Ignatius just be like a different...family line in the Vile Tribe or what?
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

GhaleonOne wrote:Going by Dragon Song, Vane's in the game, and in the manga, wasn't Vane fairly young? If so, that throws that story out the window. I could have just remembered the manga wrong though. It's been some time since I've read the translations.

Vane's not young at all in the manga. If anything, it gives the appearance of being incredibly old. There are mazoku ruins all over the place. Keep in mind, in the manga, Vane was originally a mazoku city.

The oldest story (chronologically), when Ghaleon's just seventeen is when the mazoku that used to rule Vane have dwindled so few in number that there are only the five of them left. Unless there was some recent crazy plague, it takes some time for a city filled with a long-lived race to dwindle to only five people.
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Gotcha. I think I got confused somewhere regarding humans starting to take over in the city. It could easily follow along with Dragon Song's story then.

If they do do a Four Heroes game, I actually hope they follow the manga, unless they come up with something amazing for Ghaleon's backstory. I like the idea that he's already 100+ by the time he meets a young Dyne, rather than a human of approximately the same age.
-G1

Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zhane Masaki »

Alunissage wrote:Not to mention that most of the dragon equipment wasn't even in EB, and in EBC you don't get it from the dragons; it's just found in the epilogue dungeons normally. And it's not Blue Dragon Helmet, Red Dragon Shield, etc.; it's just Dragon Shield, Dragon Helmet. And yeah, there's no need for a Dragonmaster without Althena to protect and serve. In either EB or EBC Ghaleon is addressed as Dragonmaster (although he doesn't like it), in association with the false Althena.

By the way, I think you mean Hiro's and Lucia's descendants, not ancestors. ;)

And Kiz, in the US games the first dragonmaster was Louie. Hasukawa's interview refers to him as Neil of the strong arm, though. I wonder if that name change was deliberate or accidental on WD's part.

Good point; in SSS, the Dragon magic can only be used by one who passes all four trials (each of the four "Dragon Relics" (wings, shield, helm, armor) has one of the four spells).

In L2, however, Luna is dead, and Alex was the last of the Dragonmasters...so I'm willing to bet that somewhere along the way, Luna transferred the magic of the dragons into the four Dragon Crests...and thus three of the four Dragon Relics became ordinary armor, and the Dragonwings lost some of their powers. Althena's Sword was given to Nall by Alex on his deathbed, and that set the stage for Hiro to receive all five items in L2.

GhaleonOne wrote:It all depends on which timeline and backstory for Ghaleon we're going off of. The manga would have Ghaleon as like, I think 130 years old in Silver Star Story, but then, the manga also made it seem like Vane was fairly early in it's years at that point, and we know for a fact Vane is in Dragon Song now. Therefor that's probably nixed. It's certainly possible there's some Ignatius/Ghaleon connection, but I'm still doubting it personally. I still feel Ghaleon is something besides just part of the Vile Tribe race. He seems to have elvish qualities, and Shigema and the like have never been quick to state what Ghaleon is.

Also, since it takes place 1000 years before the events of the manga and SSS, I believe that the Vane we are seeing in Dragon Song is the ancient Vane, which forms the underground dungeon Sub-Vane in LUNAR Legend. At least, that's my theory.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, that was another point I forgot to mention...that anyone in the party in EB can use any of the dragon spells, by equipping the crests.

Back to Vane and Ghaleon's race, another point in the manga is that when Ghaleon and Dyne go to Vane Ghaleon says something about the reputation of his kind being tarnished by "those low-lifes". He definitely seems to be making a distinction between his set, who lived in Vane, and the others who were causing trouble for the humans.

Incidentally, Ghaleon doesn't seem to show the body markings that Xenobia etc. do, but Latona one of the last five Mazoku with him in Vane, did.

Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zhane Masaki »

As for what might be in a potential LUNAR 3....with all the advances made in game consoles, we could possibly see routine travel between LUNAR and the Blue Star (which I have named Terra. ^^').

Traveling between both worlds would make a great sequel, since LUNAR 2 featured Lucia traveling between the two worlds...as well as the start of Terra's regeneration. If the sequel takes place another millennium after L2, it is not entirely inconceivable that Terra would be capable of sustaining life...and civilization...again.

Not only that, Terra would offer countless ruins to explore...remnants of the great battle between Zophar and Althena countless millennia ago (which subsequently led to LUNAR's creation). What do you all think?

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

If there is a Lunar game set after Eternal Blue, I'd still want the majority if not all of the game to take place on Lunar. First of all, the title is Lunar, not The Blue Star or Terra or whatever you may wish to call it. Secondly, this might seem weird, but I like to think that Lunar is special in that it is a land of magic where dreams come true and the impossible is made possible whereas the Blue Star is our world, the world of the ordinary. Each of the things that were sent to Lunar were magically constructed physical representations of every facet of our existence. The Four Dragons were the four forces of nature and brought life-giving water, nurturing light, fearsome darkness, and heart-warming fire to the desolate satellite. Althena is hope and life, Zophar is wickedness and death, Lucia is judgment and royalty, and the Dragonmaster is courage. Humans are ingenuity, beastmen are power, and the Vile Tribe is intellect. Returning to the Blue Star, in my opinion, would mean the end of this magically constructed world and a return to what we have now. I dunno, though. That's just how I always thought of it.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Rune Lai wrote:The oldest story (chronologically), when Ghaleon's just seventeen is when the mazoku that used to rule Vane have dwindled so few in number that there are only the five of them left. Unless there was some recent crazy plague, it takes some time for a city filled with a long-lived race to dwindle to only five people.

The answer to that is obvious. Althena in her murderous frenzy wiped out most of them and condemned the rest of the bystanders in the Frontier to contend with whoever survived her onslaught.

...excuse me, I'm trying to get back into the mood of continuing that fanfic I halted two years ago.

If there is a Lunar game set after Eternal Blue, I'd still want the majority if not all of the game to take place on Lunar. First of all, the title is Lunar, not The Blue Star or Terra or whatever you may wish to call it. Secondly, this might seem weird, but I like to think that Lunar is special in that it is a land of magic where dreams come true and the impossible is made possible whereas the Blue Star is our world, the world of the ordinary.

Definitely have to disagree there. Remember those giant Greco-Roman statues and the temple in which Lucia was sleeping? A lot of the background of Lunar has a Greco-Roman theme (almost Atlantian, you could say). I figure anything that takes place on the Blue Star would be similar, and even if we had most of Lunar 3 going on the Blue Star I doubt any of the magic would be lost.

In fact, considering that a Lunar which took place on the Blue Star would tell a lot about the origins of the world, it'd get back to that element of exploration and mystery that made Lunar so great to begin with. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

Kizyr wrote:The answer to that is obvious. Althena in her murderous frenzy wiped out most of them and condemned the rest of the bystanders in the Frontier to contend with whoever survived her onslaught.

...excuse me, I'm trying to get back into the mood of continuing that fanfic I halted two years ago.

Well, you know, history is a matter of perspective. :) That could have happened. And I hope you do get around to continuing that fanfic of yours.
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Besides Lucia's tower (which I always thought of as Assyrian for some reason), there's the fact that Zophar arose there, and Althena was there as well. There's no reason to assume the Blue Star (sorry, I don't like the name Terra at all in this context) is lacking in magic.

I can't say I go for the identification of the dragons with various elements like that; after all, Light is clearly Althena's element, not the White Dragon's. But of course we all have our own concepts and ideas to fill in the gaps; I have my own idea of what Althena's race was, where the Vile Tribe came from, and what Lunar was which I'm just as attached to as anyone else is to their own theory, even though it's not really backed up by anything in the materials.