What's in Lunar 3 ??????

For discussion of rumors of any new Lunar games, including the nonexistent Lunar 3

Who Do You Think Will Be Back In Lunar 3?!?

Ghaleon
14%
Zophar
3%
luna
No votes
Lucia
20%
Alex
6%
Hiro
6%
The Four Dragons
51%

Total votes: 35

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Sex jokes can find their place when not too obvious, just for a bit of tongue in cheek (see, there's a pun too :wink:). Aluni, are you referring to Zach Meston? I think I recall hearing he was a bit too hormonal.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yep, him. He figured sex jokes were always funny.

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Post by DragonmasterDan »

Alunissage wrote:Yep, him. He figured sex jokes were always funny.

Maturity certainly wasn't a strong point for him, considering he often went by a chat name of boogerman.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I also remember hearing he was obsessed with either Luna, or Lucia's boobs. That's just pathetic.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Nah, it was just breasts in general. I think they were even discussed in my first IM conversation with him.

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

There's nothing wrong with a healthy fascination with the female body. You just need not bring it up all the time ;)
-Rich-

SSSFan
Red Dragon Priest
Location: in front of my computer, above my keyboard, at the lunarnet forum, in my house etc. etc.

Post by SSSFan »

I've never read that in the library. Guess I was too quick..but now that I've read all this I think you're probably right.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Um, was that a reply to the last post on the first page? Because there's been five pages of posts since then.

Spirit Icana
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Spirit Icana »

I want the goddess, Althena, to be in the next game.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Well if the next game is about the Four Heroes, she will be. Anything after Eternal Blue may not have anything dealing with Althena, unless it goes more into her background on the Blue Star, and the initial battle with Zophar.

D-Nice
NPC

Post by D-Nice »

Hi...first post here..

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but according to ign, Lunar 3 has been canceled for the PS2. Can anyone confirm this?

heres a link: http://ps2.ign.com/objects/699/699396.html

happy trails

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

It was never a title set in stone for a particular platform, so at the time the game had been cancelled for development, in order for GameArts to concentrate on other more popular series. Rest assured we will eventually see our long anticipated Lunar 3, but within the next cycle of consoles most likely.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, development has taken place at some point. And more than once I'm almost sure of. But it was never officially confirmed past Vic dropping hints. In fact, the best confirmation outside of Working Designs has come in the past few months in regards to a Four Heroes story and true Lunar 3 set after Lunar 2.

In fact, the original Lunar 3 was set to be developed for the Sega Saturn. If that's any indiciation on how long we've been waiting for it. Grandia fans don't have a bloddy thing on us Lunar fans in terms of waits for a true third game. Dragon Song isn't technically considered Lunar 3, and Magic School isn't either.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Hah! I remember when they (WD) said that Lunar 3 was going to be put on the PS2 in the EBC manuel. Boy was I excited. Several years later, pfft, I'll probably have a heart attack if they do make one.

It is possible that they made Lunar: Dragon Song/Genisis (which I heard is far cheaper to make than a console game) to see how a new Lunar game would sell. Chances are, if they make a decent profit, it may be possible for them to have a renewed intrest in doing Lunar 3, even a Four Heros story.

Unfortunatly, I highely highely highely doubt that WD will be bring them over to the US in the event they are made. It makes me so sad ;-;

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Vic always had a bad habit of baiting the public with vague possibilities where Lunar 3 was concerned, and it's because even he didn't have full disclosure on the development of the third Lunar. GameArts was taking their time developing a storyboard, and design concepts for the game, but they didn't progress very far into it. They decided to put it on hold, and that's when they were focusing more on the Grandia series, because that's where their interest was at the time.

I don't believe they even asked Toshiyuki to start character concepts, because they were still so early in brainstorming the story arc. Years ago I had received information on this, and even spoke with Vic about it, and it turned out that I had more information at the time than he did. God I feel old....

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Vic may also have been bound by an NDA or equivalent.

They got a little farther than you're saying, although perhaps not much farther.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Hmmm.

Post by Angelalex242 »

Lucia and the Dragons should return in Lunar 3.

Everyone else should be dead of old age. Especially with the traditional 1000 year jump.

Lucia having a daughter by Hiro might also make sense...but the Goddess herself should find out the hard way why Althena gave up her power. Althena understood that the grief of losing Alex would be too much to pay. Lucia, duty bound, thought she could pay the price of living alone...oops. Well, her grief would be 1000 years old by this point...but even so. She might be a very sad deity.

Lucia should also still have Althena's power. And it might even be cool if the party goes to Lucia statues to get their HP/MP back. (Althena's Dead, Lucia isn't, so...)

I mentioned some of my comments in other threads, but I'm mentioning them again here.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

There was never any NDA mentioned, and there really was no reason for one, because of how early into the process GameArts was. He honestly didn't know much, and GameArts wasn't providing him with much to go on either. They were pretty tight lipped, because they didn't know where they were going with it.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Well, I don't think there's any point in continuing that part of the conversation. You have strong conviction of one thing, I have equally strong conviction of another, no point in locking horns on it.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

So how is that Lunar:Dragon Song experience coming along? :D