What's in Lunar 3 ??????

For discussion of rumors of any new Lunar games, including the nonexistent Lunar 3

Who Do You Think Will Be Back In Lunar 3?!?

Ghaleon
14%
Zophar
3%
luna
No votes
Lucia
20%
Alex
6%
Hiro
6%
The Four Dragons
51%

Total votes: 35

jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

What's in Lunar 3 ??????

Post by Guest »

Just wanted to know what you Lunar fans thought :) um sorry i ment who would you want in Lunar 3.
Last edited by Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

Well, since it takes place 1000 years before Silver Star Story... I'd say the only reasonable option would be the four dragons :P

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

That's Lunar DS, not Lunar 3. Even though it's a new game, at least in my opinion, Lunar 3 needs to be a sequel to Lunar 2. And really, should be on a console. Lunar: Eternal Blue was universally know as Lunar 2. Lunar: Dragon Song isn't known as Lunar 3, much as Lunar: Magic School wasn't.

And to answer the question...

Likely the Four Dragons, and possibly Lucia and Zophar. I don't think we'll see another Ghaleon rebirth, except in the form of a Four Heroes game.

love a riddle
Lostest Boy

Post by love a riddle »

Technically, also Luna... considering Althena might/should play a role in this game.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Riddle, are you referring to DS, or L3? Because L2 pretty much establishes that she's permanently out of commission (my least-favorite part of the game, perhaps) so a sequel to that would be rather unlikely to involve her directly.

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

Yeah, seeing "Althena" in her old aged form was kind of sad :P

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

There was no problem with that; it was logical. It's not like only the young are worth having around. :roll: What was sad was that after having the full human experience she didn't become a goddess again and instead winked out of existence.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

The Four Dragons have to be. The main character always becomes a Dragonmaster.

Well, except for L:MS.

Anything goes! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

The main character always becomes a Dragonmaster.

Hiro wasn't a Dragonmaster...

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, I was thinking that...and two out of three data points wouldn't be 'always' anyway. We don't know yet whether Jian becomes one, do we?

Post by Guest »

Hiro wasn't a Dragonmaster...

Yeah he wasn't but you were able to get the Dragon sheild,armor,helmet,and Althenas sword in the eplogue so Hiro was kind of like a Dragonmaster.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Alunissage wrote:Yeah, I was thinking that...and two out of three data points wouldn't be 'always' anyway. We don't know yet whether Jian becomes one, do we?

I think the description of him in the Japanese article mentioned that he dreamt of becoming a Dragonmaster, so I'm assuming he'll get the chance to make that dream a reality during the course of the game. Of course, having a Dragonmaster that uses kicking techniques rather than swords seems, well, semi-awkward.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

Does anyone remember the info in the library in Vane (Eternal Blue?) and the info in that library at the top of the tower (Silver Star Story or Lunar Legend). In one of those places, I beleive it listed the names of all the past Dragonmasters. I don't remember the names mentioned now, but wouldn't it be funny if it mentioned Jian?

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Well, even if the records in Vane don't mention Jian, it doesn't discount him. Dyne had a name change, though it was after he relinquished his role... and it's entirely possible that there are nicknames, or that the record's wrong.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Greensky wrote:Does anyone remember the info in the library in Vane (Eternal Blue?) and the info in that library at the top of the tower (Silver Star Story or Lunar Legend). In one of those places, I beleive it listed the names of all the past Dragonmasters. I don't remember the names mentioned now, but wouldn't it be funny if it mentioned Jian?

None of the books ever mentioned all the dragonmasters. The first was Niel, the last was Alex, and there were likely dozens (if not more) in between. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Even thought Hiro got all the Dragon Armor and Althena's Sword he was never ordained as a Dragonmaster, I don't believe be became one. Was there even need for one because of the fact that Althena had faded from the world?

Anyway. I think Lunar 3 (whenever we get it) will probably have at least the ancestors of Hiro and Lucia in it...I would like to see Lunar 3 as a closer sequel than 1000 years, but then again that seems to be the Lunar trend. I'd imagine Nall and Ruby would be present and, of course, the Ausas. I always imagined Lunar 3 as taking place on Lunar AND the Blue Star. Like starting out on Lunar and then the majority of the game would be on the Blue Star. The Dragons would still have to be present, but I don't think there'd be a Dragonmater in that game at all. Althena is dead and so is Ghaleon, so write those off :P
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Not to mention that most of the dragon equipment wasn't even in EB, and in EBC you don't get it from the dragons; it's just found in the epilogue dungeons normally. And it's not Blue Dragon Helmet, Red Dragon Shield, etc.; it's just Dragon Shield, Dragon Helmet. And yeah, there's no need for a Dragonmaster without Althena to protect and serve. In either EB or EBC Ghaleon is addressed as Dragonmaster (although he doesn't like it), in association with the false Althena.

By the way, I think you mean Hiro's and Lucia's descendants, not ancestors. ;)

And Kiz, in the US games the first dragonmaster was Louie. Hasukawa's interview refers to him as Neil of the strong arm, though. I wonder if that name change was deliberate or accidental on WD's part.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Or even possibly that Hasukawa got missed up. He was interviewed during the earlier stages of the remakes. I think SSS may have been released by that point, but EB's remake was still be developed.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Considering that Neil Armstrong was the first man on the moon and Louie Armstrong was a musician, I'm pretty sure that Hasukawa got it right. :P I think he mentioned Neil in response to a question of whether Lunar was the moon.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

::feels like an idiot:: I got some names mixed up there. I was thinking they were both astronauts and yeah, I'll just shut up now. :P
-G1