Sequel or Prequel

For discussion of rumors of any new Lunar games, including the nonexistent Lunar 3

Lunar 3 should it be Sequel or Prequel

Prequel
26%
Sequel
74%

Total votes: 27

Old Jericho
Reza Thief
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Sequel or Prequel

Post by Old Jericho »

hamguy wrote:why is it always 1000 years after wtf! i was sad to find out that all the charecters i grew to love had died... and never see them again :cry: i wish they would make something like 2 years after sssc or lunar 2, i want to know what happend after all of that -Dragon Diamond-,or they could make a mix, like somehow they time travel and mix the sssc and lunar 2 togheter in a epic, adventrue... like in sssc alex goes to luna,but what if hiro stoped alex from doing that and they went somewere together,or hiro got lost over there and he met up with luna and alex played the ocorina and they did the adventure,you know like a mix :D... that would be great right :D
Somehow I have the feeling that you've actually written the entire game's script.
This is my signature. It is a work of art.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Lunar 2 WAS originally planned to be a direct sequel with the Lunar 1 characters in it as well and playable, but the developers decided to set Lunar 2 in the distant future instead. The 1000 years seems to be in the US version only, though; the suggestion in the Lunar I+II artbook is that there were only 500-600 years between the two games (because that's what Nall's age is given as).

Someone remind me, does it say somewhere (TSS?) that Althena reincarnates every 500 years? I don't go by that particularly, as there are (I think) other things that contradict it, but that would explain why the Japanese game, at least, would be around that length of time after Lunar 1. Althena would be expected to show up around then, and thus the impostor Althena would not be a surprise.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:Someone remind me, does it say somewhere (TSS?) that Althena reincarnates every 500 years? I don't go by that particularly, as there are (I think) other things that contradict it, but that would explain why the Japanese game, at least, would be around that length of time after Lunar 1. Althena would be expected to show up around then, and thus the impostor Althena would not be a surprise.
Walking School has a direct reference to the 500-year cycle. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Aha. That explains why I didn't have a more vivid recollection of it but thought it was in a game. Thanks. I wonder if that time cycle was always in mind or just put in that game to sound interesting, like the magic empire in TSS being 1000 years ago or Grissel/Grimzol/Inca God/Karal being confined 5000 years ago.

(I wonder if that's some record for number of names of the same entity? And a fairly incidental one in only one version, to boot.)