LUNAR3 COMES OUT WHEN?!?

For discussion of rumors of any new Lunar games, including the nonexistent Lunar 3

Would you rather have Lunar:The Movie or Lunar3:The Game?

Lunar:The Movie
17%
Lunar3:The Game
83%

Total votes: 18

jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

LUNAR3 COMES OUT WHEN?!?

Post by Guest »

Well, by everything I know about Lunar; I think Lunar3 is going to come out in a year or so... You obviously ask why I say this?, and I shall tell you. It is because of the all Lunar games that have been coming out recently (i.e. Lunar Legend, and Lunar:Dragon Song). This is why I think Lunar3 is due to be released soon. IGN says it's due to be realeased in Dec, 05. (Yes, I know that is old information.) Also, if you look on the Working Designs website under schedule, it says that an unnamed Strategy/RPG game is coming out in 2005. Hopefully that is Lunar3. :D
Oh, by the way, does anyone know if there is a mini-game in the Lunar2 Making of the Game CD? I know there is one in Lunar1 and Ark The Lad. Thanks :)

Etherest
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Etherest »

That new Strategy/RPG could also be Growlanser 4. At the end of Growlanser 3, their was text that said something like ...To be Continued...
and it is a Strategy RPG ( If L3 turns out to go all strategy now, that'd suck. )...I think Lunar 3's going to be released late next year...because I saw some screen shots of Lunar: Four Heroes Story, about Dyne's journey, a while back...but they were in japanese. Lunar:FHS could be released before L3...
I don't think there's a mini-game in that making. I've tried using the old code for SSSC, but it did'nt work...and Game FAQs has nothing on a mini-game in the making CD........PS: Lunar 3 Game all the way!!...unless the movie'd be an anime...
Okay, Hacker, listen up. I am tired of your fake assumptions! What is your problem?! Do you just like to mess with 14 year olds, who KNOW they don't lie to people at a site they consider HOME?!! PM ME NOW!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

As always, words fail me. Except that they don't.

1) Since WD has had nothing to do with "all" two most recent Lunar games, there is no reason to think they'll have anything to do with Lunar 3.

2) IGN has had that date up for years, and is about as reliable as whatever it was that said Lunar 3 would be on the PS.

3) The interview in the current Nintendo Power states that any future games will be dependent on the fans, i.e., will likely only be made if Genesis/Dragon Song does well. It's not a given.

4) I haven't heard of a minigame on the EBC Making Of. That I recall, anyway.

5) Growlanser 4 has nothing to do with Growlanser 1-3. I still haven't played 3, but considering it's a prequel to 1 and 2 I would guess that that's what the To Be Continued is referring to.

6) Four Hero Story was this very site's April Fool's joke in 2003. I think the screens and material are on LunarNET still somewhere. However, that same NP interview did say that if there's another Lunar game the next one will be about the Four Heroes, so you're not entirely off about the possibility of it coming before Lunar 3.

Etherest
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Etherest »

Oh!...AAHHHG!!!! I was fooled!...But sorry...I have'nt been on this site long enough to know....Hmm...How did i come across that joke....?....probably because I was surfing for images....

Growlanser 4 has nothing to do with Growlanser 1-3. I still haven't played 3, but considering it's a prequel to 1 and 2 I would guess that that's what the To Be Continued is referring to.

Ah.....I had'nt thought of it in that way...I thought the 'To Be Continued--Growlanser 1 and 2' thing was an error or something...but I was wrong again!....AGAIN...
Okay, Hacker, listen up. I am tired of your fake assumptions! What is your problem?! Do you just like to mess with 14 year olds, who KNOW they don't lie to people at a site they consider HOME?!! PM ME NOW!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, Grow 3 takes place 1000 years before Grow 1, which is a year or so before Grow 2. I wonder why so many game civilizations only seem to have game-worthy eras 1000 years apart.

Hm, I can't seem to find the FHS stuff, and yet I do remember coming across it on the site in some obscure section. Well, it'll probably resurface sometime.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

http://www.lunar-net.com/history/lunarfhs.php

Yeah, it still fools people at times to this day. I'm really glad we did that April Fools joke. It's going down as one of the better ones thanks to all of Renn's work. I'm curious what's happened to him though. Haven't seen him around for a good year or two now.
-G1

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

GhaleonOne wrote:http://www.lunar-net.com/history/lunarfhs.php

Yeah, it still fools people at times to this day. I'm really glad we did that April Fools joke. It's going down as one of the better ones thanks to all of Renn's work. I'm curious what's happened to him though. Haven't seen him around for a good year or two now.

You should of been flogged for that joke :P
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Bwahahahaha!!!

Oh man, this is too much... Alun already said everything that needs to be said, anyway.

By the way, LunarNET is the team behind Lunar: Four Heros Story (typo intentional). Renn Inoue is behind the artwork, G1 is behind the programming, and I'm behind the storyboard, while Alun does editing and beta testing. Rune was going to do voice acting but her throat was hoarse the day we were casting. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Etherest
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Etherest »

Grr!...That gave me false hope too...But you guys did a really good job...and now I feel like an idiot.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

By the way, LunarNET is the team behind Lunar: Four Heros Story (typo intentional). Renn Inoue is behind the artwork, G1 is behind the programming, and I'm behind the storyboard, while Alun does editing and beta testing. Rune was going to do voice acting but her throat was hoarse the day we were casting. KF

You forgot some key staff. Julie and Alayna were my personal assistants.

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

Kizyr wrote:Rune was going to do voice acting but her throat was hoarse the day we were casting. KF

Damn my incessant coughing. :P
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

GhaleonOne wrote:You forgot some key staff. Julie and Alayna were my personal assistants.

Heh. Well...You came up with the idea! You're evil. I was an innocent bystander drunk with knowledge and power!

Knowledge and power I tell you!

:P
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Post by Guest »

1) Since WD has had nothing to do with "all" two most recent Lunar games, there is no reason to think they'll have anything to do with Lunar 3.
But Game Arts has to do with almost all the Lunar games.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

And your point is...? WD and Game Arts aren't the same people. Game Arts develops, or oversees someone else developing, WD localizes. Except that they didn't localize Legend and won't localize DS, so they're likely out of the Lunar business. You cited the presence of an unnamed RPG on WD's site as a possible Lunar 3, but since they aren't on the development end and they don't seem to be doing Lunar any more it really doesn't support the likelihood of Lunar 3.

Post by Guest »

But, still I hope WD makes Lunar 3 because I liked all the extras I got with
Lunar 1&2.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

They still wouldn't make it though.

GameArts would "make" it. WD would localize/translate it. Or rather, likely JAM or someone else would make it, with GameArts supervision, much like every other Lunar game since the the remakes.
-G1

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

True. Maybe you guys could make FHS into an actual game. Couldn't hurt.

:lol: