Is LUNAR the BEST game for you?

For discussion of rumors of any new Lunar games, including the nonexistent Lunar 3
Matt&Ruby4ever
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Matt&Ruby4ever »

of course lunar is the best game i ever played.
i really love it and i'm going to kick somebody ass if he say don't like it.
i meant it. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Do you remember the time we share together......

AbsoluteAlex
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AbsoluteAlex »

Man he's never going to make any friends with an attitude like that, on these boards or in the real world. I actually feel sorry for him. But Lunar is the best game ever. How could someone not like it? Its puzzling to me.
I wasn't born to fit in, I was born to stand out

hob
Meribian Merchant

Long response, sorry....

Post by hob »

Umm.... I'm afraid to take part in this one... I can feel so much TENSION in the air! And the blog's old, but who cares.

My favorite Lunar is EBC. Best RPG, best Lunar, period. Sure it wasn't the first RPG I discovered, sure it doesn't have the best graphics (depends on your definition of "best" anyway) it certainly wasn't the first LUNAR I played.

I enjoy it so much because I knew Lunar existed until I saw SSSC advertised in Playstation Magazine years ago. I just started getting into anime and RPG's, and an RPG with anime cut scenes was a whole new concept to me. When I saw the game in the store I begged my poor mom to buy it for me. I devoured the game in just over a month, the quickest I ever beat a game. But that was it. I never knew there was another Lunar. Sure, I watched "MAKING OF" CD so I knew there were other versions, but being out of the Lunar loop, I never knew of a sequel.

One day I was walking in the store and BAM! There it was! Lunar 2! Impossible! It was tasting chocolate for the first time... AGAIN!

I read the game manuel at home and felt sceptic at the characters in the pages. "How could THESE guys replace the ones I fell in love with? What kind of name is Ronfar anyway?" But I found myself more in-love with this game than the last. Maybe it was because it was more of a great surprise than the first. Maybe I connected with the lead hero more. Maybe it was the few tweeks they put in. It definitely wasn't the cast though. The first team was my homies, and you can't replace 'em. These guys were cool, but the old ones were the best, even though I enjoy playing Hiro more. ARGH! I'm rambling again!

EBC! My favorite RPG, my favorite LUNAR! There! I said it!
I stand with Jesus.

hob
Meribian Merchant

Post by hob »

Matt&Ruby4ever wrote:Revenge is an act of passion;
vengeance of justice
Injuries are revenged; crimes are avenged.

We few, we happy few
we band of brothers
for he today that
sheed his blood with me
shall be my brother.
I just noticed this under your post. SHAKESPEARE ROCKS!

-hob
I stand with Jesus.

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: Long response, sorry....

Post by Alunissage »

hob wrote:Umm.... I'm afraid to take part in this one... I can feel so much TENSION in the air! And the blog's old, but who cares.
After six months and the banning of the instigator, the tension's long gone. Why don't you start a new thread or post in an existing one in the General Lunar board for this instead of bumping an old topic that was mostly flames and in the wrong forum anyway?

Chrono Trigger
Meribian Merchant

Post by Chrono Trigger »

Not really, the Lunar games are rated high in my top 100 best games ever, but aren't no.1 by a long shot. There are a lot of other good games out there.

!. Final Fantasy VIII
2. Chrono Trigger
3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
4. Gran Turismo 2
5. Final Fantasy 2
6. Lunar: SSSC

Lunar 2: EB will be ranked somewhere near 10th place.
Now Playing: Seiken Densetsu 3 || Favourite RPG: Chrono Trigger || Favourite Lunar Character: Kyle (SSSC) ||

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Geez, I don't even know if I've ever completed 100 games before (I've definitely started that many though). I've definitely never thought about my favorites past the 20 best. After number 20, all my favorites are equal in my eyes.
Last edited by Werefrog on Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Chrono Trigger wrote:Not really, the Lunar games are rated high in my top 100 best games ever, but aren't no.1 by a long shot. There are a lot of other good games out there.

!. Final Fantasy VIII
2. Chrono Trigger
3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
4. Gran Turismo 2
5. Final Fantasy 2
6. Lunar: SSSC

Lunar 2: EB will be ranked somewhere near 10th place.
PLEASE tell me that when you say FF2 you really mean 4. cecil, kain, rosa...that one? best FF.

Chrono Trigger
Meribian Merchant

Post by Chrono Trigger »

Werefrog wrote:Geez, I don't even know if I've ever completed 100 games before (I've definitely started that many though). I've definitely never thought about my favorites past the 20 best. After number 20, all my favorites are equal in my eyes.
If i'd count really finishing a game only, the number would be about 40 to 50. But I've played hundreds more.
Now Playing: Seiken Densetsu 3 || Favourite RPG: Chrono Trigger || Favourite Lunar Character: Kyle (SSSC) ||

Black Dragon
Meryod Yokel

Re: Is LUNAR the BEST game for you?

Post by Black Dragon »

Well i can say that its one of the best RPG Games ''sometimes it would be the best'' other great games such as Suikoden 1,2,3 - Grandia 1,2 - Final Fantasy 7, 9, 10, Thousand arms