Keep waiting, it will come...

For discussion of rumors of any new Lunar games, including the nonexistent Lunar 3
Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Zophar »

Werefrog wrote:
Zophar wrote: You call Eternal Black original? That's the same abbreivation as Eternal Blue. What on earth is wrong with you? The remakes of Lunar Silver Star and Eternal Blue were really good, not garbage. Don't take it out on the series that you supposedly want to make a real sequel to. At this point I am going to have to be blunt with you: It's not possible.

Well, just to be perfectly honest Eternal Sapphire has one word in common with the title of EB. On top of that, sapphire is a type of blue (or a blue gem). So the argument can be made that his title is actually more original because it uses a different color.

Personally, I think you both need to consider a title change.

I don't mean to go off topic but there is something I need to clear up. While Silver Star and Eternal Blue had very little to do with the games themselves Eternal Sapphire plays a huge role into the story of my project. But obviously you wouldn't know that (episode III will give a few details about it). So to sum it up while the maker of this topic is sticking with the old tradition of having a title with not much significance to the storyline I am doing the opposite. Now who is the more original? So what WERE you saying?

And personally I don't give a damn what you think. I am sticking with Eternal Sapphire, and that's that. No changes at all.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I bet Eternal Sapphire is an item required to save the world.

And maybe Eternal Black plays a huge role in his storyline.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Oh, come on. You're arguing about which is more original when they're both pretty much ripoffs of the title of an official game? They both use the same first word as the real game. One keeps the same first initial, the other keeps the same color. Getting all defensive about it is silly. Heck, fanfics are practically by definition unoriginal. (And frankly, if "sapphire" is integral to your story it sure doesn't sound like a Lunar and should just be an original setting instead. Unless that's the name of the Blue Dragon or something.)

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Sorry, about making my edit when you posted, Alunissage. It didn't really change anything you said though.

CoePSX
Iluk Crackpot

Post by CoePSX »

:lol: Tell you what, i'll make a new game too!! It's gonna be a sequel to SSS 8) It's gonna be Lunar - Eternal Star! :lol:

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

Kizyr wrote:Lastly, I don't want to discourage you, but "my work will speak for itself" for obtaining the Lunar license won't fly unless you're internationally famous. An RPG, sure--a great RPG, likely--but going after a specific license gives you about an equal chance of a fanfic becoming a bestselling novel. KF

I haven't been around for the past few days, but I saw this and thought I'd mention that even if the fanfic doesn't become a bestselling novel, it might open other unexpected doors.

I agree Reaper's chance of working on a Lunar 3 of his own design is virtually nonexistent, but that chance is there and even if he doesn't end up doing it, if he really applies himself to game design he might find out there's something else that will work out just as well.

Obviously just talking about it no good. To prepare himself Reaper should be working on as many homebrew games as possible, or try building his own RPG with a preexisting toolset. After all, Bioware (the developer for NWN) has hired people from the fan community who have proven themselves through their creations with Neverwinter Nights. Working on one's own creation is always the best way to prove something.
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

Reaper
Lyton Singer

Post by Reaper »

Wow, I get caught up at work for a few days and everything splits. It makes me happy though that some people think it is possible atleast, faith in something is what usually keeps it going. The things that you think are impossible to achieve, they aren't. Life has shown me that nothing is impossible, the boundry is harder to break, but never impossible. You can think what you want of that but it is true. Then if anyone has ideas on a better name, I atleast will take them into consideration. By the way CoePSX, I'm also only 17 :wink: , some of you might say that I am crazy again, but that just means I have some extra time to pull it all off :D .
The end will come to death
but death will never end

yroc
Lyton Singer

Post by yroc »

Hey, I'm glad you are willing to bust your ass for this project, you have my support on this. :D Right now, I'm thinking about going into gaming design, so maybe in the future if you still need it, I'll help out as much as I can.

Xenthorious
Saith Pirate

Re: Keep waiting, it will come...

Post by Xenthorious »

Reaper wrote:You might think that I am a complete idiot for saying this, but... I am going to college then I will become one of the best game designers ever. I can't draw to save my life, don't get me wrong either it will take time, but I will wait. The first game I plan (or would like to) bring out is going to be Lunar 3: Eternal Black. I have busted out hundreds of pages of storyline so far and I plan to keep going, with school though my time is limited :cry: . So you can think what you want of me, but I will create the next Lunar, just need some artistic support...

FYI, one of the key animators for Lunar 1 & 2 wasn't even schooled in animation. You can verify this in the Lunar 1 Disk 4. But don’t get me wrong. I really like his style in drawing. In fact, I would gladly throw out the Lunar game for a full fledge animation in it.

As for employment in Japan, that's a long shot. However, if you are truly sincere about it, I suggest you do some research in Japanese Citizenship. What you'll need is called a Residency. It is true what people say regarding the employment of foreigners in Japan. However, what is not being expressed is the factor that the employment subject is being referred to from the point of view of a specific job line (a very competitive job line in Japan). An English/Japanese language major who took schooling for being a teacher on the other hand, can very easily get a job in Japan. This is because Japan requires English teachings in grade schools and what better teachers then the ones from the US who are schooled in it. Anyways, my point is, if you want a job in Japan; find a way to bend your talent in a way that over extends past the competition. Then except what you can get, and hold on to it for 5 years (5 years is one of the requirements to be a Residency or citizen of Japan). Once you been there for over 5 years, jump into getting the Residency, then your not necessarily a foreigner anymore. And that’s a GOOD thing even if you are still a citizen for America, because the development of Japanese animation is being focused on sales to America (meaning animation is taking on appearances of Americans) while maintaining a Japanese culture theme. I read a paper from someone (who seems to be an extremist in sociology) expressing how Japanese were trying to invade our own American culture through animation by mixing the animation with Japanese culture and story proceedings that are often similar to the 1950’s movies. It made me laugh to see someone so paranoid. If he spent more time studying our own culture, it might have noticed that we need an upgrade. We’ll too egotistical and non-unified.

BTW, another requirement for residency is a fluent speaking and writing of the Japanese language. So start studying them words. Wakarimashita desu ka. (Okay?)

AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AnimeJei »

Hey if anyone gets the license for it, I'd be happy to work in character design ^^ My plans were to go to Full Sail school for game design and character design, make a demo for a new LUNAR and send it to Japan ^^
Image"Sample my goods!!"

AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AnimeJei »

btw, it's great you have such determination and great goals! Never give up! My ex-fiance who was Japanese and lived in Japan always told me how hard it will be fore me to work over there as character designer, but she was being truthful and it's hard as hell to get certain jobs there, but not impossible. So ganbatte!!
Image"Sample my goods!!"

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

AnimeJei wrote:btw, it's great you have such determination and great goals! Never give up! My ex-fiance who was Japanese and lived in Japan always told me how hard it will be fore me to work over there as character designer, but she was being truthful and it's hard as hell to get certain jobs there, but not impossible. So ganbatte!!
is she dead?

AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AnimeJei »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:
AnimeJei wrote:btw, it's great you have such determination and great goals! Never give up! My ex-fiance who was Japanese and lived in Japan always told me how hard it will be fore me to work over there as character designer, but she was being truthful and it's hard as hell to get certain jobs there, but not impossible. So ganbatte!!
is she dead?
Last time I checked she wasn't :lol:
Image"Sample my goods!!"

ShadowKnight47
Reza Thief

Post by ShadowKnight47 »

not to sound so negative, but you will prob never get the License, but you could learn Japanese, and become part of the Lunar team

Eternal Black? Not to insult, but I could make up a better name, and I'm 14...almost 15...
Lunar is the 2nd greatest game next to FF

Zalbag
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zalbag »

ShadowKnight47 wrote:not to sound so negative, but you will prob never get the License, but you could learn Japanese, and become part of the Lunar team

Eternal Black? Not to insult, but I could make up a better name, and I'm 14...almost 15...

Eternal Darkness? Eternal Oblivion? Many "dark" sinister names for games. its all about "attitude" in games, I think they just need to make a Prequel to Lunar SSSC you know? Play Dyne and what not. Heh would be nice.
I carry [Dyne's Sword]

AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AnimeJei »

Maybe not use Eternal at all in the title. Anyway, there's been rumors for a long time about a prequel, I am not too crazy about that.. I mean it would be fun to see some of the adventures of Dyne and the others but you know their outcome.. I mean we know they will live through that story if there is one, though it wouldn't be bad.. I mean if there is one I'll be pre-ordering it of course ^^ But I'd like to see a post EBC game where you can travel between a restored Blue Star and a more advanced Lunar. There is so much we don't know about the Blue Star's past.. there might be more Dark gods aside from Zophar.. or maybe he had powerful "generals" working under him like Shabranigdo did in The Slayers series. The cult could be trying to find a goddess "replacement".. maybe the blood of Alex and Luna.. there is many roads it could take, it would just be nice to hear they started on something. I'd love to be on that LUNAR team ^^
Image"Sample my goods!!"

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

How about... Lunar & The Fortified Military Base of Ruination? That sounds original.

By the way... I loved Lufia & The Fortress of Doom. It's one of the few things that I'll use an ampersand for.

AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AnimeJei »

They could make it one long saga and break it up into three stories (games) it would give us something to look forward to after finishing the first and second. Though it could take a long time that way...
Image"Sample my goods!!"

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Werefrog wrote:How about... Lunar & The Fortified Military Base of Ruination? That sounds original.

By the way... I loved Lufia & The Fortress of Doom. It's one of the few things that I'll use an ampersand for.
Or Lunar & The Ghaleon's Stone. How about Lunar & The Order of the Fire bird that dies but comes back to life again over and over?

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Chrono Trigger
Meribian Merchant

Re: Keep waiting, it will come...

Post by Chrono Trigger »

Reaper wrote:You might think that I am a complete idiot for saying this, but... I am going to college then I will become one of the best game designers ever. I can't draw to save my life, don't get me wrong either it will take time, but I will wait. The first game I plan (or would like to) bring out is going to be Lunar 3: Eternal Black. I have busted out hundreds of pages of storyline so far and I plan to keep going, with school though my time is limited :cry: . So you can think what you want of me, but I will create the next Lunar, just need some artistic support...
Just because you want it so bad? It's not gonna sell under your name, plus you'll get copyright fines from the real development studios. I would also have it made by game arts or studio alex. Eternal Black sounds supercorny and cliche. Not to be offendive, but I see nothing in your idea.
Now Playing: Seiken Densetsu 3 || Favourite RPG: Chrono Trigger || Favourite Lunar Character: Kyle (SSSC) ||