My hopes with Lunar 3...

For discussion of rumors of any new Lunar games, including the nonexistent Lunar 3
HiroOne
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

My hopes with Lunar 3...

Post by HiroOne »

It's been a long time since I've heard anything concrete about Lunar 3.. but I've seen the Lunar: The Silver Star handheld remake and now Lunar: Dragon Song.. Those in my opinion will never be Lunar 3.. Not to berate the games or their quality but a true Lunar 3 should..

A) Tie in directly with the other two series
B) Have anime scenes.. c'mon it's got to have live animation! They've been doing this since L:TSS for Sega CD..
C) Bath Scene(s) :P
D) HOooopefully a Ghaleon appearance?

Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: My hopes with Lunar 3...

Post by Roas Atrades »

HiroOne wrote:D) HOooopefully a Ghaleon appearance?

I think that is one thing that might not make it. From a story telling perspective, Ghaleon's story is over. We witnessed his fall, and we saw his redemption. Only thing left would be his beginning, and that would entail a true prequal game about the 4 Heroes.

I've made it known that I'd prefer that kinda game to another jump into the future. If the timeline did pick up after EB, then I think they would probably have to break the mold again. I'd suggest introducing an enemy neither from the Blue Star or Lunar (yeah Zophar was foreign, but that's not the kinda enemy I'm thinking about).

Now, this is just a writer pitching ideas to himself outloud here. Yeah, I've already done my own versions of Lunar 3 and 4 with my fics Tides of Time and Mirror Images, but those ideas aside, maybe it could really be a foreign force encroaching on Lunar. I say maybe consider going the invading army route. With more thought I could probably twist it around to maybe not be so generic, but for me that would be a good starting point to build on.
Free your mind and let your dreams fly, -me

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'm in agreement regarding the jump in time from Lunar EB. Personally, I think it'd be interesting to find that there ARE creatures living on the Blue Star, perhaps in caves or even underground. Maybe the Vile Tribe ancestory.
-G1

Lunar6000
Nanza Bandit

Post by Lunar6000 »

Hmmmm.. they could bring back Ghaleon but I doubt they would... maybe a mentioning of him somewhere would be nice though.

However... I think Zophar could make a reappearence or a new threat.... and I figure that the way they could bring Ghaleon back would be in Magic Emperor Form and would be pure evil Ghaleon which would be created by the new enemy...

In other words it wouldnt really be ghaleon himself but a clone that is just Magic Emperor.
"Not Ghaleon Dear Quirk.. Magic Emperor Ghaleon!"

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I think it would be nice to perhaps have you visit Ghaleon's grave. Perhaps make a dungeon out of it where you could speak to him from beyond the dead or something. That might be a little over the top. But a shrine or gravesite for him would be really nice.

Perhaps the Mystic Ruins in the future could have you trek up the thing to the room that has his video archive stuff. It could have some recording of him from his time in EB.
-G1