Lunar 3...A prologue

For discussion of rumors of any new Lunar games, including the nonexistent Lunar 3
Arcana
Meribian Merchant
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar 3...A prologue

Post by Arcana »

The following would take place at the beginning of the game as a teaser. I've tried writing it in a screenplay format which I don't think the format will translate 100%. But either way, enjoy.

FADE IN
EXT. OUTSIDE THE GODDESS TOWER ON THE BLUE STAR-BLACKED SKIES
The Goddess Tower stands as Zophar’s army of monsters begins slowly approaching from the distance.
INT. THE GODDESS TOWER FOYER
Three people (Lucia, a muscular man dressed as a dragonmaster (noticeably without Althena’s Sword), and a lankier man) stare out the door onto the approaching army.
LUCIA
It is worse than I imagined!
LANKIER MAN
All of them…Used to be people…Everyone from Nando…gone. The three of us can’t possibly take on that entire army!
LUCIA
Althena will think of something. We just have to delay them.
LANKIER MAN
Well that’s easier said than done.
LUCIA
We must have faith in Althena.
DRAGONMASTER
Faith…
EXT. OUTSIDE THE GODDESS TOWER-BLACKENED SKIES
The army has come within striking distance of The Goddess Tower. Our heroes leave The Goddess Tower Foyer and head out into battle. A playable battle sequence occurs where the player has complete control over the three characters. After a few rounds of battle-
INT. THE GODDESS’ PRIVATE ROOM
The Goddess Althena overlooks from her window the battle happening beneath her. The Dragon Angels stand behind her.
ALTHENA
I should never have left.
DRAGON ANGEL #1
You had no way of knowing this would happen, your Grace.
ALTHENA
I don’t even have a recollection of the past 12 years. All I have is a name.
DRAGON ANGEL #2
Your Grace, now is not the time to have remorse for the past. We have challenges now to overcome.
ALTHENA
I know…
Althena looks up at the sky. Then she looks back down at the ground.
ALTHENA
I’ve made my decision. I want you to tell the dragons to gather all the remaining humans and to bring them here. They will be safe here. This is not a fight that humans can win. They are not strong enough.
DRAGON ANGEL #1
But that one. The one who went around to all the dragons and gained their trust, their armor, their power. Is he not strong enough too?
ALTHENA
I don’t know.
DRAGON ANGEL #1
So then, you will-
ALTHENA
Yes. Please hurry.
Dragon Angel #1 leaves the room.
DRAGON ANGEL #2
You’re making the right choice, your Grace.
ALTHENA
Tell me…How strongly humans will hold onto a promise?
DRAGON ANGEL #2
I think that would depend on the human.
ALTHENA
I don’t know how I will fulfill that promise. Dragon Angel, could you please leave me?
Dragon Angel #2 leaves the room. Althena looks down at the battle this time at the dragonmaster.
ALTHENA
Maybe humans do possess a power…a power beyond my own.
Althena begins to sob.
ALTHENA
Humans, Blue Star…Forgive me.
EXT. THE GODDESS TOWER
The camera zooms out of Althena’s window as we see the four dragons flying around, off to their respective destinations. We see the fight rage on below with close ups of Lucia, The Dragonmaster, and the Lankier Man in action. The camera continues to zoom out until we have a view from space, here is where the opening credits and orchestral score begin. After what appears to be two days we see a buildup of energy and a massive explosion that destroys the Blue Star. Lunar orbits nearby, and we see a sphere of light travel from the Blue Star to Lunar. After another bright light, Lunar springs to life. The Blue Star and Lunar continue to orbit signifying the many years. The Blue Star goes through several naturally occurring terra forming phases as it recovers from the explosion. Lunar at one point floods (The great flood mention in TSS). After more years, the sky of Lunar darkens and begins to appear lifeless before springing back to life (the events of TSS/SSC). More revolutions and we see a beam of light travel from the Blue Star to Lunar, the skies of Lunar blacken again and then fade to brightness. A beam of light travels back to the Blue Star. A few days later another beam of light travels from Lunar to the Blue Star (the events of EB). After 50 more revolutions (50 years), a beam of light is seen traveling from the Blue Star to Lunar. The credits end, the music crescendos, and our story begins…

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Lunar 3...A prologue

Post by Arlia »

"Your grace?" What is this, Game of Thrones? =p

Seriously, though, it's cool that people still have desire for a Lunar 3. Mostly, I think people are resigned to the intense likelihood of it never happening, but still.

Arcana
Meribian Merchant

Re: Lunar 3...A prologue

Post by Arcana »

Yeah...regarding "your Grace"...I have no idea what they would call her in person. They always spoke of her in the third person or as "The Goddess" when speaking to Alex.