Ack!

For discussion of Lunar: Legend, the scaled-down port of Lunar 1 for the Game Boy Advance
Ryoko
Nanza Bandit
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Ack!

Post by Ryoko »

Does anyone know how to beat Ghaleon on the Lunar Legends game?! I keep losing! Has any one one, actually!? If you did how did you do it?!!?!? *sobs* Ghaleon, how dare you treat your lover so badly. Heh heh. I said Ghaleon and Lover in one sentance. It makes me feel special. Yay! I am so lucky! *throws game boy down* I give up. I like him way too much to kill him. Now lets see *puts game boy back up in storage* I hate beating up on him, he is sooo cute. Does any one know how tall he really is? I'm voting on 6'6''. How old is he?! Isnt he like old?! Or something. Wouldnt I be lucky if I had a date with him!?!?!
Ohvu is the Grim Reaper
And I am his follower

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Does any one know how tall he really is? I'm voting on 6'6''. How old is he?! Isnt he like old?!

Nah, I'm only 6'1" and 25 years old. :P

No, seriously, I'm not really sure why you're having troubles with beating him in Legend. I didn't have any trouble at all against him.
-G1

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

You know, it's odd how un-forthcoming the Lunar series is on the kind of statistical character data that RPGs normally give. For example, I have a Final Fantasy 4 guidebook sitting handy, and it tells me that Rosa's last name is Farrell, that she 19-years-old, 162 cm tall and weighs 47 kg. Some games give the b-w-h measurements for their female characters, even. With Lunar though, we're lucky to get last names and ages.

Since determining comparative heights of characters is a basic aspect of character design some of this information must exist. It seems likely that the Lunar staff just decided not to share it. Unless there's some in the Lunar 1&2 artbook (which I am quite frustrated about not having). The SSS artbook mentions that Mia has the biggest bust of the Lunar 1 player characters, at least. :wink:

A lot of times characters in Japanese RPGs are shorter than you'd expect. The Japanese have a different sense of human scale than Westerners.
「まあいいけど。」

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Mia does? Really?

I thought she was the smallest. Must be that Robe she's wearing.

Even in the hotsprings scenes, Jess looked bigger.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

-G1

segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest

Post by segaboy7 »

lol anyway, as for beating ghaleon I found that getting mia to cast defense up spells on herself and jessica helps alot, also try and get mia to attack so you can use her special which makes it so your damage is 0 for 3 rounds. during that time get jess to cast the spell that heals some hp per round. and make you heal yourself completely during this time. Thats all I can really suggest.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

The normal technique of:

Alex: 1st round, power up spell, second round, all out assault with his sword dance. Can't remember, but you might have to use White Dragon Protect too.
Kyle: 1st round, power-up spell, second round, all out assault with his best sword spell.
Mia: 1st couple of rounds, use her power up spells on alex and kyle. Rest of the rounds use mean spells.
Nash: Just kill him, or have him cast his uber spell too.
Jess: Have her use her healing spell that heals everyone after every round, rest of the rounds have her heal.

I don't know why you are having issues, I mean, I never had a biggie with L:L Ghaleon, but hey, good luck.

As for chest size, I always thought that Luna had the biggest chest of the tss/sssc gang :P

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Ryoko
Nanza Bandit

Post by Ryoko »

O.O
Why thank you for the help. I really find him hard to beat. >.< I cant beat him!!!! I tried, but I guess it is all about your level, eh?
To tell you the truth, I think Mia has the bigger chest. Not that I am saying Jessica is small, they both are big. >.< Dont get the wrong IDEA!!! Okay, I am going to try to beat Lunar Legend again. Now where did I put that game boy?!
Ohvu is the Grim Reaper
And I am his follower

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

What level are you anyway? I mean, unless you ran through the game really fast and never actually played long enough to level, you should be at a proper level to fight him.

Ryoko
Nanza Bandit

Post by Ryoko »

I am only on level 39. I tried beating him last night, I got frarhter. But still didnt win.
Ohvu is the Grim Reaper
And I am his follower

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

That'd be it. Level 39 is heavily on the low end. It can be done, but it's more challenging then usual.

Level 50's more common. At least, in SSSC it is.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Ryoko
Nanza Bandit

Post by Ryoko »

Does the amount of life you take off during your battle (after you lose) does it like role over to the contined battle. Or do you start back on square one?
Ohvu is the Grim Reaper
And I am his follower

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Nah, when you lose and have the option to start the fight over again, you start the fight over again fresh. I believe I was around the 40s when I beat Ghaleon. Just keep trying and using a defensive tactic. Don't be shy to use your items, just keep going.

Ryoko
Nanza Bandit

Post by Ryoko »

The defence thingy, well. I really dont know who to put in defence. It seems like every time I need Jessica, she needs to be in defence. :evil: Mia is really annoying, she has the lowest life, looks like I have a long way to go, eh? :twisted:
Ohvu is the Grim Reaper
And I am his follower

Zaya
Burg Farmer

Post by Zaya »

I was able to beat him at lvl 39. If you have a Devil's Tear,equip it on Mia. That way you can have her use Mist Veil at the start of the battle. If you've got the item that halfs the MP cost,equip it on Alex. That way he can cast Quarker til Mia's able to use Mist Veil again. It takes awhile,but that's what worked for me.

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

I was at level 40 when I beat him. The only reason I won was because of Mia's special, that helps a lot. That and one of Jessica's abilites that restores a small amount of HP after every turn.