Ancient Drawings from the begginning

For discussion of Lunar: Legend, the scaled-down port of Lunar 1 for the Game Boy Advance
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Ancient Drawings from the begginning

Post by phyco126 »

Remember those drawings? If not, here...

Obviously they are from EB/EBC (though not as blue eh?) L:L had a brief explanation to the events before, despite SSSC or TSS not having it. In EB/C told what had happened. So, any thoughts on why they decided to have it in L:L? (And honestly, I think that was the first sign that EB/C wasn't going to be on a cart)

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

There was that entire bit at the end of Legend where you had to go through the "ark" that transported the humans from the Blue Star to Lunar. So, they had the relics in the beginning which explained what happened and how Althena brought them here. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Yeah, but they didn't have that in SSSC :P That's why you ask, why now? Why not just wait for EB/C to be teleported to the GBA? Also, I took a screen in SSSC, in the opening song behind the entire cast shot is the something that looks like the ruins as well.

See? Questions questions questions...

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I don't think there's any more significance to it than to the various changes Legend had to the story, e.g., Quark's location or sneaking aboard the pirate ship in barrels. It's a slightly different game, they did it a slightly different way.

Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zhane Masaki »

Alunissage wrote:I don't think there's any more significance to it than to the various changes Legend had to the story, e.g., Quark's location or sneaking aboard the pirate ship in barrels. It's a slightly different game, they did it a slightly different way.

Actually, the location changes (particularly the pirates part) seem to have been partially inspired by the Lunatic Festa CD Drama tracks.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, I know; I picked up on the pirate theme when I listened to the CDs, and the sequence of calling out Fidy's name was pretty recognizable. I've been wondering whether the CDs and novels are similar after that first part, though.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

I've been working a bit on writing out the dramas. I haven't made a lot of progress yet though, and I decided to start on chapter 17, the second to the end. I don't know why. :oops:

But I can comment on some differences in the events concerning the ending.

The party (Edit: for reference sake, Alex, Nash, Mia, Jessica, and Kyle) flies to the Goddess Tower on Nall's back. Xenobia is waiting for them when they arrive, and the other party members tell Alex to go into the Tower ahead of them while they keep Xenobia busy.

Alex encounters Black Luna at the top of the Tower, followed shortly by Ghaleon, who has some information to share: First, Luna is no longer a human or a goddess, but simply a pawn of his new order; Second, he has fatally wounded Laike (Ghaleon confronted the party and Laike in chapter 16); and finally that without his intervention, the magic that sustains Lunar will die with Luna. Alex disputes this, and not long afterwards the fight is on.

Back with the party and Xenobia, things are looking grim for our heroes. Xenobia casts a big fire spell, and Nall shields the others. Apparently this sacrifice was all they needed to turn things around. :wink: Nash (of all people) delivers the final blow to Xenobia.

The witch is down but not out, however. She asks a seriously wounded Nall why he would assists humans other than the Dragonmaster. Nall gives the obvious answer, "Because they're my friends." Xenobia laughs bitterly at this, and tells the party that she'll take them down with her. She casts one final, terrible spell...

And we switch back to Alex and Ghaleon. Ghaleon has the upper hand, and tells Alex that as long as he cannot swear loyalty to Althena, he will never be able to weild Althena's Sword. And since Luna is under his control, that will never happen. Alex thinks back to a conversation he had with Luna (from the begining of the drama series, I'd imagine,) where he swore on the Blue Star that he would protect her. After a bit of drama Alex succeeds in drawing Althena's Sword, much to Ghaleon's shock.

And then the fight begins in earnest, to be continued in the final chapter.

...As you can see, it's a little crazy, but not nearly as crazy as the novels. :D
「まあいいけど。」

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Heh, yeah, that sounds much closer to the games than the novels are. That speech of Xenobia's was pretty awesome.

I'm really curious about the beginning, with the conversation between Dyne and Ghaleon. Also, doesn't Laike talk with the Red Dragon Amelia after the party leaves her? I was wondering if the blue and black dragons also had the names they did in Legend, but haven't listened to the last two discs as carefully as I did to the first two. I suppose I should just wait until you finish your project. :D

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

So... is the Lunatic CDs, like audio novels? Music? Wha?

Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zhane Masaki »

Yes, I too await it with earnest. In combination with my complete chronicling of the Lunar Legend soundtrack, that should be quite useful for the site.
Also an expert on the Phantasy Star tetralogy, Ys, Star Ocean, Dirty Pair, and most things Universal Century Gundam

Visit My Backloggery to keep up on my gaming exploits!

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

phyco126 wrote:So... is the Lunatic CDs, like audio novels? Music? Wha?

Both. Some people call the format half-drama. A slight majority of the tracks are music (non-vocal songs are arrangements from the game that often can be heard in the background of the drama tracks), but they are interspersed with segments of the game cast acting out scenes. Lunatic Parade is a comedy (Mystere appears several times), while Lunatic Festa is yet another retelling of the Lunar 1 story. Perhaps someone else can confirm for me - wasn't Lunatic Festa brodcast on the radio in Japan?
「まあいいけど。」

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I thought Take a Shower was recorded with the thought of a radio show but it never happened. That's all I know, though.

Phyco, I'm sure the dramaCDs have been mentioned since you've been here, since you were here before me. :P

Actually, what I thought might be fun (though impractical) would be to put together a movielike thing providing primitive visuals to go with the drama tracks...character portraits with translated lines, perhaps some sprites and backgrounds, and the occasional bits of the anime scenes thrown in when they matched the audio (Alex becoming a dragonmaster, or that bit of Xenobia casting a spell from the opening). Just to make that version of the story accessible to the non-Japanophones. I don't have the technical knowledge, or (obviously) the language knowledge, but it's one of those many projects bubbling in the back of my head that will eventually result in some hours of planning on paper before I get distracted by something else.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

<imaging a kamishibai-type thing> That sounds flippin' sweet! :D I imagine it could be arranged in Flash, but the hard part would be finding (or making) appropriate visuals...
「まあいいけど。」

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well, Alunissage, I'll be honest. I have ALWAYS gotten the impression that the Lunatic Festa CDs where just music CDs :P

As for Lunatic Parade, I thought that was just a Manga of child-like EB/C characters?

Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zhane Masaki »

phyco126 wrote:Well, Alunissage, I'll be honest. I have ALWAYS gotten the impression that the Lunatic Festa CDs where just music CDs :P

As for Lunatic Parade, I thought that was just a Manga of child-like EB/C characters?
Child-like? phyco, I think the term ur looking for is "chibi".

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

He may have learned the term in the nearly two years since he made that post. :P

But I may as well reply to that old post of his and say that Lunatic Parade is also the name of a pair of funny drama CDs with EB characters and music, in addition to being the name of a little manga. Same idea, just audio instead of visual. Might even be the same "stories".