Luna's pants

For discussion of Lunar: Legend, the scaled-down port of Lunar 1 for the Game Boy Advance
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Luna's pants

Post by phyco126 »

Okay, so here, we see that Luna's outfit was changed (rather shoddy at that) to a full pant like thingy.

But here...

and here...

the leggings are gone. I mean, if you're gonna censor something, at least do it right... right?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

It's the angle of the first that made them feel the need to censor it, clearly. I don't know why that particular piece of art is the one that is used all the time instead of other stills from that cutscene.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Maybe it shows the best angle in which she is raising the goddess tower? Or, since that seems to be the most popular view (and thus most remembered) they decided to go with something that perhapes everyone else who have been fans since TSS can remember? Or something like that.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

Yeah, and most of the guys will probably have remembered it because of her arse, too.

Audric
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Audric »

Yea i have a big picture on my wall pants off version i like that version better =P

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well, it was also on the back of the CD case. And yeah, I think 90% of the male population likes that picture.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

It's also all over the Japanese stuff. In the SSS artbook there's a page showing the process of putting the scene together (combining the CG and cel art)....using what looks to be Photoshop. I'm just wondering why that one in particular when there are more artistic moments in the scene. I suppose the angle of the Frotress's ascension is rather interesting, though.

Althena's_Courtier
Student of Vane

Post by Althena's_Courtier »

Alunissage wrote:It's the angle of the first that made them feel the need to censor it, clearly. I don't know why that particular piece of art is the one that is used all the time instead of other stills from that cutscene.

Weeelllllll. That picture is probably the best one for the dudes cuz we see her lower...area , but very sexist towardsw our lady lunar fans.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Althena's_Courtier wrote:
Alunissage wrote:It's the angle of the first that made them feel the need to censor it, clearly. I don't know why that particular piece of art is the one that is used all the time instead of other stills from that cutscene.

Weeelllllll. That picture is probably the best one for the dudes cuz we see her lower...area , but very sexist towardsw our lady lunar fans.

. . .

Riiiggghhht . . . :?

Anyway, the still scene they used there wasn't even in the anime FMV from SSSC in which the Fortress of Althena is revealed. That's a separate piece of art that never appeared in the game. If I recall correctly, it's actually the image that appears in the jewel case for the game. In all honesty, there are better shots of the keep rising in the FMV sequence in which the cloak conceals everything, but they probably thought it easier to use an image that was already still.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Are you sure it's not in that scene? I haven't seen it in several years, but I thought I remembered a bit of it looking up at her. I'll see if I can check the movie on the Lunar PC disc, since all my saves are long gone.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

What do you know, he's right. I just checked the screenshots here at Lunar-Net, and there's nothing from that angle.

Craziness.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Well, that would explain why that piece is used so much, if it were specifically put together as a piece of artwork. As I said, there's a page in the SSS artbook showing its construction. I still want to check the scene, though; a screenshot collection won't get every moment.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Check here with the Dark Goddess Althena movie.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

SSSFan
Red Dragon Priest
Location: in front of my computer, above my keyboard, at the lunarnet forum, in my house etc. etc.

Post by SSSFan »

there's one without pants in the guide on this site:P

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Of course. The only place that top picture Phyco put in occurs is in the US release of Lunar Legend. No reason to use it for anything else instead of the official art.

Mychael216
Meribian Merchant

Post by Mychael216 »

Althena's_Courtier wrote:

Well, that's why they included the Bath springs thingy in SSSC, where you get to see Kyle and Nash's rumps. Even though they aren't pleasant...

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Mychael216 wrote:
Well, that's why they included the Bath springs thingy in SSSC, where you get to see Kyle and Nash's rumps. Even though they aren't pleasant...

Well Kyle had a pretty toned albeit scarred bum, but as far as Lunar fangirl service that wasn't bad... I coulda done without the skinny Nash bottom though :P

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Haha, many a fun times from Nashes bath scene. Since his lower area looks about as smooth as you would imagine a girls bottom, I used it to play a prank on my younger cousin. He wouldn't stop bugging me, so I was like...

Me: Would you like to see a hot girl in a bath scene?
Him: YES YES YES!!!!
Me: Okay, here you go.
Him: Oh, oh man, that's hot, oh man... ARGHHHHH! MY EYES! MY GOD FORSAKEN EYEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!
Me: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (Think Ghaleon's SSSC evil laugh with echos and lightening :D)

Mychael216
Meribian Merchant

Post by Mychael216 »

phyco126 wrote:Haha, many a fun times from Nashes bath scene. Since his lower area looks about as smooth as you would imagine a girls bottom, I used it to play a prank on my younger cousin. He wouldn't stop bugging me, so I was like...

Him: Oh, oh man, that's hot, oh man... ARGHHHHH! MY EYES! MY GOD FORSAKEN EYEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!
Me: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (Think Ghaleon's SSSC evil laugh with echos and lightening :D)

SOOO mean! I can't believe you would do such a dastardly deed. LOL! And I have a nuch better evil laugh than Ghaleon...

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

phyco126 wrote:Haha, many a fun times from Nashes bath scene. Since his lower area looks about as smooth as you would imagine a girls bottom, I used it to play a prank on my younger cousin. He wouldn't stop bugging me, so I was like...

You are such a dirty bastard... Hehe, I approve!
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com