a new lunar legend?

For discussion of Lunar: Legend, the scaled-down port of Lunar 1 for the Game Boy Advance
Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Take for instance, these collections of older Sega games that appeared on the PlayStation 2 or GameCube. The music was horrible, and sometimes the games would appear glitchy. They didn't recode the games specifically for the console they were on, they were just lazy and used a horrible emulator. It's a shame too, because for anyone that bought them, it's not going to feel the same playing an inferior copy.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Hmmm... Sonic 1 for the Sega Smashpack on Dreamcast is really glitchy. 16-bit to 128-bit and it still isn't perfect.

i suppose this means that we're pretty much screwed on the "Lunar Collection" dream huh? Oh well, it's still a good concept.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Not to go offtopic, but Sega is releasing a Sonic Gems collection which has Sonic CD, Sonic R, the Sonic Arcade games, and whatever other Sonic games that didn't get released such as the Game Gear games.

To have a Lunar Collection, it would have to be done by GameArts themselves. Otherwise you're just going to get an inferior selection of games, and we just can't have that. It would be nice if GameArts decided to do one, and they could add extras, and all sorts of miscellaneous goodies. I'd still want a new console Lunar before any of that though.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Kizyr wrote:Rune is right; there's a lot of programming involved, making the prospects extremely expensive. KF

Can't they do what EA games does? Pay nothing on salary, but make them work 18 hour days?

It would be nice if GameArts decided to do one, and they could add extras, and all sorts of miscellaneous goodies.

They somewhat did that with All The Lunar, didn't they? Except, maybe I just misread some of the past posts, but wasn't it very buggy anyway? Also, WD was working on releaseing SSSC on the PC, I forget why they canceled it... instead they released a special fanart edition for the PS1 (which I wanted, but didn't have money ;-;)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

They somewhat did that with All The Lunar, didn't they? Except, maybe I just misread some of the past posts, but wasn't it very buggy anyway?

Nope. The buggy one was Lunar PC, and was the reason it was cancelled. All the Lunar isn't buggy, just a bit disappointing (it's not bad persay, but for all the hype it was given by fans, it doesn't have as much as I expected).
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I'm pretty sure that I heard All the Lunar was a bit buggy. But I've never gotten around to actually playing mine since I don't have a CD drive in this computer and for some reason the copy of the CD I was doing to my harddrive refused to complete.

Besides the bugs, Lunar PC was a nightmare because of the huge number of potential hardware combinations people might have. I think that's what really killed it, or at least made it not worth the trouble to debug.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

What exactly was "All the Lunar?" Is it basically the same thing as Grandia Digital Museum, that I own?

I have the limited edition Grandia, for the Saturn with everything in mint condition, plus the Digital Museum. I wonder how much I could get for selling them.....

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Limited Edition Grandia doesn't go for much. I have it too, and have checked. Not sure on Digital Museum though. Honestly, I don't know much about it, so I can't compare it to All the Lunar very well. Basically, All the Lunar is a collection of software. Screensavers, digital Lunarized clocks, lots of wallpaper and a wallpaper changer program and my personal favorite, a Lunar card game called Diafugo (which I think is probably a popular card game in Japan, but this is where I first heard of it). By winning the game, you unlock the wallpaper, which can be viewed in the gallery program, along with artwork that is already open to view and use as wallpaper. This is where I was disappointed personally though. I had hoped for high res versions of all the artwork the series had ever produced, rather than just a few pieces. Oh, there's also a MIDI maker. I'm hoping to have screens of all this up this week.
-G1

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

That's a shame. You would think they would have incorporated more on a grander scale, considering it's "All" the Lunar. The card game does sound interesting though.

Leo
BANNED

Re:

Post by Leo »

Kizyr wrote:
phyco126 wrote:Well, I'm have no clue about gaming programs, but couldn't it be possible to just change some of the coding around to make the game run on another gaming consel? Of course, that probably isn't possible for the older games, but look at games that are released for the "GC, Xbox, and PS2!"
Not really. Those games are designed from the beginning to cross systems. Some systems are easier to program than others. The Saturn got a lot of head partly because it was much more difficult to program for than the Playstation. Rune is right; there's a lot of programming involved, making the prospects extremely expensive. KF
:lol:

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: a new lunar legend?

Post by Alunissage »

Leo, we usually don't mind reviving old threads here, but don't post on a decade-old thread adding no content worth reading.

Leo
BANNED

Re: a new lunar legend?

Post by Leo »

Someone mistook an RPG maker endeavor for a new Lunar game. It's not like the thread was destined for greatness. Also....front page.

Anyway, let's do it your way. Magic School should have got an English release on the DS. Lunar 2 deserved a GBA remake. A collection disc of the games is an interesting concept but I'd rather buy them individually and play them with the controllers and systems they were made for.