Looking for sprites of map characters

For discussion of Lunar: Legend, the scaled-down port of Lunar 1 for the Game Boy Advance
TheRadicalAusa
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Looking for sprites of map characters

Post by TheRadicalAusa »

Uhm If anyone has any of the sprites from the map (the tiny ones) could you please email them to me? I'm thinking about making a fan game, and I would like to use the sprites from Legend!

Thanks in advance~!

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Uh, sure. You mean sprites from when you travel from town to town? Or sprites when your are traveling IN a town/dungeon? I could get them for you easily enough. What's your e-mail? (You can PM me the e-mail if you need)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

TheRadicalAusa
Red Dragon Priest

Post by TheRadicalAusa »

Oh, I mean like, the little sprites (Not the big battle sprite things). The sprites that you walk around with pretty much XD. And I use my sisters email which is citrus.lolipopp@yahoo.com

Thanks a bundle! :D :D

Edit: Actually I may need the battle/ event sprites aswell. I'm attempting to make a fangame.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Sure, because as far as I know I have the largest sprite collection of Lunar: Legend. I have plenty more to rip, but it's such a pain of an undertaking to complete that I tend to just not do it. Anyway, I'll rip as many as I can over the next 2 weeks. It'll help me too, since I need to rip more for the comics I do.

So yeah, give me 2 weeks to get it done. If you don't get a e-mail by July 6th with sprites, then by all means bug me. I'm not too hard to bug.

P.S. They're gonna be big pictures, so might have more than 1 e-mail containing the sprites.

TheRadicalAusa
Red Dragon Priest

Post by TheRadicalAusa »

Oh my. I wasn't asking you to rip em. O_O. If you don't want to do it, that's perfectly fine. But if you do I'll attach a picture of what im talking about, and I changed my mind again XD. I only need the map sprites.

http://files2send.com/downloads/games/g ... s/0808.png

Those lil thingys x3!

Thanks bundle againn and again and for all eternity! :D :D :D :D

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Alrighty. I actually don't rip them, because I'm not sure you can effiecently. What I do is take screenies and then edit the pictures out. I use bmp, so the color stays true, and it allows for a very clean cut. Of course, I'm not sure I will be able to get any of the main or sub-main character's sprites except for nall's or Alex's.

TheRadicalAusa
Red Dragon Priest

Post by TheRadicalAusa »

Oooh, I see. And that's fine, I do need NPCS :D. Do you think you could get Mia though? She the only main I, seeing to how one of the characters is an Ausa.

Thank you soooo much again this means alot to me. And if you have it, would you mind emailing me the battle/event set of Mia if ya have it?

Thanks again!

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Yikes, I could send you the battle set of Mia, if I actually had any of her ^^; All my sprites are a "Get'em when you need'em when you feel like it" type deal. However, I'll do what I can to grab some sprites of her. But yeah, no problem. Grabing sprites are gonna be a walk in the park if I'm going after regular NPCs

TheRadicalAusa
Red Dragon Priest

Post by TheRadicalAusa »

Yay! Thank you soo Much! And to make things easier for you, you should just make sprite sheets and save em to your database so you dun haveta keep going back and forth.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

You mean like this?

=P Any sprite I rip automatically goes into a specific sprite sheet. I have over a dozen sprite sheets, some with no sprites in them yet (as I haven't gotten around to ripping any) but others have alot or some (I think Nash has gotten more love than any other character, oddly enough.) Anyway, yeah =P

TheRadicalAusa
Red Dragon Priest

Post by TheRadicalAusa »

Ohh, sorry, I didn't know. AND NASH HAS LOVE?! What has the world come too .... XD

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well, I just ripped him alot for some reason, mostly because his sprites where supposed to be a major character in my Lunar-net comic. However, I'm re-inventing how the story will be told. Instead of movie parodies and an actual timeline of events (aka linear plot) I'm going for random spoofs.

TheRadicalAusa
Red Dragon Priest

Post by TheRadicalAusa »

Random spoofs are fun! You should make a "G1, got your hands outta your pants!"a

TheRadicalAusa
Red Dragon Priest

Post by TheRadicalAusa »

Random spoofs are fun! You should make a "G1, got your hands outta your pants!"