I have a doubt about the story (spoilers)

For discussion of Lunar: Legend, the scaled-down port of Lunar 1 for the Game Boy Advance
Kalkanor
Meryod Yokel
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

I have a doubt about the story (spoilers)

Post by Kalkanor »

Well, hello everyone ^^. I just finished Lunar Legend and now im cntinuing with Eternal Blue. My doubt on LL are:
1) What does Dyne does when he grabs Althena in the past? and why is Ghaleon so upset about that?
2) Why does Ghaleon take back Althena to the place where Dyne grab her? What are his purposes?.

Well...thats everything I can remeber for now, if i have mroe doubts i`ll post them...thank you for your time^^.

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Wow... your the first person I have ever heard of who didn't get the storyline of LL/SSSC.

When Althena decided to be reborn as a human again 15 years a before the game starts something went wrong and Althena couldn't complete the process. Either one of the dragons or Althena (telepathically) told Dyne this and he rushed to Althena's aid (he is the dragon master after all).

Ghaleon had followed him and eventually Ghaleon found out what Althena was doing and he disagreed with it. He believed that lunar NEEDED Althena still. But Dyne and Althena thought otherwise, it was now time for humanity to rule themselves. Dyne gave up his strong magic powers in order to complete the process and he lost everything including the title "Dragon Master". He took the baby luna to Burg.

Ghaleon wasn't too happy about this, and finally he decided that Althena wasn't fit to rule Lunar and that he should become a god and rule over lunar. So he joined with the vile tribe to find the human incarnation of Althena (luna) and he managed to capture her. Using his strong magic powers he brought out Althena and erased her memories (not to mention he took control of her mind, powers, and made her scantly clad for his own amusement).

With Althena under Ghaleon's control, he went to that place where Althena turned into a human. Using that place he would take all of Althena's power for his own, making him a god... but we know how that ends.

Did that help?

Kalkanor
Meryod Yokel

Post by Kalkanor »

Yup, thanks a lot :)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I don't think it's said anywhere that Dyne had to be told about Althena's rebirth and rushed to her aid. No reason to think he wasn't right there or that some of his power wouldn't have been involved anyway. Laike's phrasing suggests that the reason all of his power was required was because of this (though it's still pretty weak), not necessarily that none of it would have been required if all had gone as planned.

Both scenes took place in the Goddess Tower, the logical place. The Goddess Tower has risen up as the Fortress of Althena by the end of the story, that's all.