Lunar: Magical School:OFFICIALLY a sidestory/spinoff or NOT?

For discussion of Magical School Lunar, for the Saturn, and its predecessor Lunar: Walking School, for the Game Gear
Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Shiva Indis »

I found proof.

It was sitting there on my own website and I wasn't aware of it. Mahou Gakuen's spinecard translates to "Lunar Gaiden arrives on Sega Saturn!!"

http://moonreading.lunarpages.com/mahougakuen.jpg
「まあいいけど。」

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Shiva Indis wrote:I found proof.

It was sitting there on my own website and I wasn't aware of it. Mahou Gakuen's spinecard translates to "Lunar Gaiden arrives on Sega Saturn!!"

http://moonreading.lunarpages.com/mahougakuen.jpg

::bangs head into wall::

It was right in front of me the whole bloody time! I even looked through the manual, but didn't bother looking at the spinecard. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

Hugs for both of you for trying when you didn't have to. :) At least now we know in case this ever comes up again.
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

ZP
Pao Hunter

Post by ZP »

Finally a spine card that has served a useful purpose! That is, if anyone other than the topic starter cares or was in any doubt...

I didn't realise that dhowerter hd replied to me.

dhowerter wrote:As for none of the main series of Lunar games being on a handheld, multiple people in this thread have said that Lunar: Dragon Song (on DS which is a handheld) is a part of the main series and NOT a side story.

I said "Nobody really expects handheld games to be full sequels to titles originally on much more powerful hardware.". The Saturn, Sega CD, Game Gear, GBA and PlayStation are not more powerful than the DS.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Metroid II?

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Hmmm... does the original Gameboy have more processing power than the 8-bit NES? It's hard to tell by the graphics alone since one's on a TV, and the other's a dot matix display... well I'll meditate on this until I've reached a state of enlightenment. Or just look for the specs on Google. Whichever comes first.

ZP
Pao Hunter

Post by ZP »

localflick wrote:Hmmm... does the original Gameboy have more processing power than the 8-bit NES?

The first b&w Gameboy is more than twice as fast as the NES! But because of the GB's display limitations, I'd have to say that Alunissage has a point with Metroid 2.