Magical School Lunar (translation)

For discussion of Magical School Lunar, for the Saturn, and its predecessor Lunar: Walking School, for the Game Gear
paul_met
Burg Farmer
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Magical School Lunar (translation)

Post by paul_met »

Greeting!
Immediately I apologize for my English. So, let's begin ...
I need help of fans of this game. The fact that I started to translate some parts of the game (so far except dialogues). My translation was based on guidance from Kizir. But in it I could not find translate names of monsters. In addition, I would like to test the descriptions of spells, but I have no game saves (I have no time yet for the passing the game).
So, how can you help me:
- To provide the translated names of monsters with their original names in Japanese (or at least a pictures with their image.)
- Provide a game saves (preferably before the final battle).
- If someone has a full translation of the dialogues or someone can translate them, I would not refuse from this.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
PS: Some of screenshots as proof:
Attachments
Screen-3
Screen-3
01.jpg (74.79 KiB) Viewed 22446 times
Screen-2
Screen-2
02.jpg (59.44 KiB) Viewed 22446 times
Screen-1
Screen-1
03.jpg (105.2 KiB) Viewed 22446 times

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: Magical School Lunar (translation)

Post by Kizyr »

Are you working on your own?

I ask because I think there is a group working on a translation patch -- there are two folks in particular who emailed me in the last year (unfortunately 2012 was so busy I didn't have time for anything). These are the same folks who worked on the Lunar: Walking School (Game Gear version) translation patch.

I don't want to promise any of my own time since a few things have come up lately that've sapped my free time again (and I'm not sure when it'll open up again). But I think it'd speed things along if you were to find some of the other folks working on this. I'd also be happy to do some of the translations (I contributed to some of the Walking School ones in the same capacity) but I'd want to make sure it's the final version that'd end up being the main patch to be distributed. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

paul_met
Burg Farmer

Post by paul_met »

Are you working on your own?
So far, yes.

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the people who worked on the translation of the game Lunar: Walking School. It would be nice if they had made ​​themselves felt in this thread. Because I have some problems with the length of some inscriptions in the game and the packed graphics. The dialogs messages I have not studied closely, but I suspect that might be a problem with the lack of space in the file.
As for the videos, I think no problem. I've already written video unpacker / packer. So it is easy to impose subtitles on the video track, if you translate Japanese speech.

As for your help, Kizyr, then I think it is in any case does not pass in vain.

paul_met
Burg Farmer

Post by paul_met »

Small demonstration English translation of the game - subtitles in the video clip and a bit of gameplay.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

The translation of Walking School was announced in this forum: http://www.lunarthreads.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4325

Kizyr or others would know more about groups working on Magical School Lunar - it's been years since I've heard of any progress on those projects, but then again I was surprised when the Walking School patch came out. Is Aeon Genesis working on it (the site doesn't have it on the list), or just some of the same people? I'd suggest working patiently with a search engine if you want to find more.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

paul_met
Burg Farmer

Post by paul_met »

Sonic# wrote:The translation of Walking School was announced in this forum: http://www.lunarthreads.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4325

Kizyr or others would know more about groups working on Magical School Lunar - it's been years since I've heard of any progress on those projects, but then again I was surprised when the Walking School patch came out. Is Aeon Genesis working on it (the site doesn't have it on the list), or just some of the same people? I'd suggest working patiently with a search engine if you want to find more.
All topics in this part of forum has not been updated for a long time, it is futile to look for something while the participants of the last project will not have announced.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

That's why I suggest you look on the internet, and not this forum.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

paul_met
Burg Farmer

Post by paul_met »

Pity, I'm still hoping for help of fans in this forum.