Lunar: Magic School Post-Alpha Testing Bug List

For discussion of Magical School Lunar, for the Saturn, and its predecessor Lunar: Walking School, for the Game Gear
RedHairGreenEyes
Pao Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar: Magic School Post-Alpha Testing Bug List

Post by RedHairGreenEyes »

ALRIGHT! Finally finished playing the translation and i've finished my post-alpha testing! Great game, AWESOME translation and such a rare treat in playing a new retro game!
I've gone through and checked the whole main story and posted all of the issues in the game. This should be all of the minor glitches/mistypes in the main storyline. The only part of the game I haven't checked 100% is the dialogue of all the townspeople during the game (though I did check a lot of it and haven't seen any errors). If there are any bugs left, that's where they are.
So, once again, a HUUUGE thanks to Aeon Genesis (and GhideonZhi) and also to Kizyr (whose walkthrough was very helpful with Spell/Item info) for bringing this game to our shores. I hope this bug list will be of some help and I truly believe this is the least I could do.

Oh, and one more thing...if you haven't realized it yet, below this point in the post is nothing but a big list of (albeit minor) SPOILERS, so stop reading now if you don't want to be surprised!

*******SPOILER WARNING*******
Last Warning!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 4

Right after you get the 3rd ingredient and the monsers suddenly disappear. Ellie says 'Can you to please call a truce until we GET OUT OF HERE?'. Should be 'two' not 'to'.

Also found a minor one,when Stella calls Ant's crew the best-behaved in the beginning of Ch 5 there's a hyphen, but when Lena repeats it it's un-hyphenated.

Chapter 7

When you get the spell from Ralph and it's supposed to dispay something like 'Lena learned Win D', that textbox only appears for a split second then is covered by the next text box. Also the same vanishing textbox thing happens when you learn Lucky from Terena. The other spell-earning texts function normally though.

Chapter 8

Minor one: in the beginning of the chapter, while Glen is speaking he says, 'Well go on.' there's no comma after Well.

Chapter 9

The same overlapping textbox glitch/by design thing happens when Winn receives his 3 spells from Ralph. The 3 spells scroll through in 1 text box in about a half-second then get covered with the next text. Im beginning to think this was an original game issue like the bottom right of enemy graphics disappearing when casting certain spells like Flame/PsiAir.

Also, when meeting the group outside the sea cave on arrival, Lena says something like 'Hell you all doing here?' instead of 'What the hell are you doing here'. May just be a translator's choice thing like comma placement really.

Also, when speaking, all characters refer to the item 'charcoal' as 'tan' (ie - earlier translation) though when you receive the item it is re-named 'charcoal'; probably just another translator's choice though to keep from reformatting the longer text.

Also, when Glen is talking to Winn about the future he says, 'Beome a Guardian Time' instead of Guardian OF time than later says 'Just look atim' instead of look at him (again may be translator's choice there).

Chapter 11

Whenyou speak with Iason he says 'The Blud Dragon? Irrelevant!' instead of 'The Blue Dragon'.

Chapter 12

In the first Scene at Demon Castle D Barua speaks with D, but her graphic doesn't appear until right before the scene fades out.

A very minor issue appeared twice, when in the top 2 floors of Demon Castle D Lena says, 'Man! What's up with this door!?', and again as you return to Iyen and speak with Steele she says, '**** (super spoiler) wants us!?'; in both cases the exclamation point should follow the question mark.

Also, as Ant shows you off and says, 'Without you around I'll really be able to make a name for myself' there is no punctuation at the end of the sentence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, that should be it! Mostly small gramatical errors and graphics bugs but there were 2-3 real script errors/mistypes. I hope this bug list was of some help. Thanks again to the translators, and HAVE FUN PLAYING EVERYONE!

~ Nick Doane 'RedHairGreenEyes'

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: Lunar: Magic School Post-Alpha Testing Bug List

Post by Kizyr »

...I believe you mean Lunar Walking School, not Magic School. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

RedHairGreenEyes
Pao Hunter

Kizyr wrote:...I believe you mean Lunar Walking School, not Magic School. KF
Indeed, but there's no Walking School board.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

RedHairGreenEyes wrote:
Kizyr wrote:...I believe you mean Lunar Walking School, not Magic School. KF
Indeed, but there's no Walking School board.
I was referring to the thread title. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Where's my Let's Play Kizzypoo? :mrgreen:

RedHairGreenEyes
Pao Hunter

Silver Phoenix wrote:Where's my Let's Play Kizzypoo? :mrgreen: