[Scans] MSL! Guide book - Character Pages - Comics UP!

For discussion of Magical School Lunar, for the Saturn, and its predecessor Lunar: Walking School, for the Game Gear
Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

[Scans] MSL! Guide book - Character Pages - Comics UP!

Post by Sadrin »

So my boyfriend got me the guide for Magical School Lunar! off of ebay! Its a great guide! lots of pictures of game play and TONS of art work that i've never seen before.
Cover-
So... i've never scanned a book before. Its hard! it took me about 5 hours!! I couldn't seem to fix the glare or the bluryness of the center of the pages... sooo... I took the book apart!! I feel so bad!! I used two knifes, scissors, and an exacto knife! so as the pages go along you can see how they got neater. I hope this shines some light on the characters of this great game. I had no idea you get 6 people in your party! ... On with the scans!

Inside cover-
Pages 2-3
Pages 4-5
Pages 6-7
Pages 8-9
Pages 10-11
Pages 12-13
Pages 14-15
Pages 16-17
Pages 18-19
Pages 20-21
Pages 22-23
Pages 24-25
Here are Super High Quality Scans of just the mini comics that are found on pages 9,11,13,15,17. I had to upload the comics to myspace. Photobucket has a pixel count limit of 1024X768 and these pictures are just a tad larger... Opps! figured it would be worth it though!!
ImageImage
ImageImage
Last edited by Sadrin on Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Depend On You Changed My Life.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: [Scans] MSL! Guide book - Character Pages

Post by Kizyr »

So... i've never scanned a book before. Its hard! it took me about 5 hours!! I couldn't seem to fix the glare or the bluryness of the center of the pages... sooo... I took the book apart!! I feel so bad!! I used two knifes, scissors, and an exacto knife! so as the pages go along you can see how they got neater. I hope this shines some light on the characters of this great game. I had no idea you get 6 people in your party! ... On with the scans!
I'd rather scan in blurry and tilted pages than take the book apart. But, that's me.

And, you know, I don't have the book, so I'm not complaining about getting better-quality scans.

Many thanks for the scans! These are pretty good...

Oh and if anyone's wondering, I'm in Chapter 11 of 12 in the game. I should be done by next Sunday, and then I'll be able to work on the format of the guide itself. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

I didn't want to take apart the book... I just figured... Being as I've never seen so much about MSL! before, I figured its better to do it right then halfway. I don't mind I guess... My other guides are falling apart so its nice to put it to use. Its worth it. yeah. :-p

I have alot higher quality scans. I just figured I would upload smaller files for viewing. I'll upload the HQ scans in a zip file for download sometime next week.

Oh and Kizyr? If you would like all of the monster stats and what not just let me know. I can't wait for your walkthough!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

You don't have the guide, Kizyr? For some reason I thought you did. I haven't done any Lunar collecting in a while, but I'll keep an eye out for it if you like. I'd have picked up an extra one long ago if I'd known.

I've considered taking apart my extra artbooks for scanning, but of course have been in no rush.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:You don't have the guide, Kizyr? For some reason I thought you did. I haven't done any Lunar collecting in a while, but I'll keep an eye out for it if you like. I'd have picked up an extra one long ago if I'd known.
Nope. I don't really collect strategy guides, so it never crossed my mind. If you find it, though, then I wouldn't mind picking it up.
Sadrin wrote:Oh and Kizyr? If you would like all of the monster stats and what not just let me know. I can't wait for your walkthough!
Thanks a lot, but, I generally don't include that level of detail in my guides. I do appreciate the offer, though. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I like the artwork, and more than because it's the only comprehensible part to me. ;) Seeing that gives me the same joy as seeing an art book.

And yes. I hope you can put the book back together again, at least into working order? Either that, or at least be able to put all the pages into a notebook and keep them together.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

lutomboy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lutomboy »

I like the art work
Did this game ever come to the US
:?

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

I'll scan more of the art work in the guide. I really like the character pictures.. though the last of the main group look kinda odd... Kinda look like Alex/Hero, just was droped on his head as a baby. :? I need to play more of this game. I'm going to rip some of the maps and most of the battle backgrounds.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Sadrin wrote:I'll scan more of the art work in the guide. I really like the character pictures.. though the last of the main group look kinda odd... Kinda look like Alex/Hero, just was droped on his head as a baby. :? I need to play more of this game. I'm going to rip some of the maps and most of the battle backgrounds.
I just noticed the same thing about Azu last Sunday while I was playing. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Craziest thing is, that cover is easily the best looking version of the artwork around. MS artwork in a good format is impossible to find without scanning it yourself (something I've lacked the equipment and time to do properly).
-G1

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

I GOT ALL SIX PEOPLE IN MY PARTY!

OH IT'S ON NOW, VILE TRIBE!!!

Sorry, I'm just a bit giddy at having six guys all casting combined magic spells at once.

Last Chapter. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

AHHHH!! I can't wait for your guide!! I could use the one I have but... I think it will be cool to use yours! Then I can beat the game! It made me so happy to see that you get 6 people by the end of the game! So the guy who looks like Hiro/Alex?... his name is Azu? Does he speak alot? The guide didn't have much on him as far as artwork or well anything else...

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Oh, I didn't notice that the guide also had little comic strips in them! I'd definitely like to pick them up now.

Later on, Sadrin, if you get higher-res scans of those couple of pages (or at least just the comic panels), I'd like to see if we can put them translated on LunarNET.
Sadrin wrote:AHHHH!! I can't wait for your guide!! I could use the one I have but... I think it will be cool to use yours! Then I can beat the game! It made me so happy to see that you get 6 people by the end of the game! So the guy who looks like Hiro/Alex?... his name is Azu? Does he speak alot? The guide didn't have much on him as far as artwork or well anything else...
You see him earlier in the game, but he doesn't actually become part of your party until much later. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

That would be great if you could translate them. I'll post scans sometime tomorrow!

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Re: [Scans] MSL! Guide book - Character Pages - Comics UP!

Post by Sadrin »

Sorry it took me so long to get the HQ scans up!! My internet has been kinda stupid the last few days. I hope the comics are big enough. I resized them down to 25% of the full scan and fixed up the border around the comics. I'm still learning how to use my new scanner. :oops:

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Sadrin wrote:Sorry it took me so long to get the HQ scans up!! My internet has been kinda stupid the last few days. I hope the comics are big enough. I resized them down to 25% of the full scan and fixed up the border around the comics. I'm still learning how to use my new scanner. :oops:
Wow, tons of thanks. When I get home, I'll save the images to my computer. After I finish this guide I'll work on putting up the translation.

I don't have time to read them all at work at the moment... but here's one quick one (spot-translations, so it might sound a bit rough):

The Little Giant, Lena
Lena: Oh... so satisfied
Senia: Lena, you eat so much, yet you never grow any bigger...
Lena: Perhaps it's 'cause I use all my energy in my head
Senia: What do you use your head for that takes so much energy?
Lena: What should tonight's menu be <3 Or a ham-and-egg sandwich would be really nice right now <3 Or...

KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

Great work Kizyr! I can't wait to see how the others come out!

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Ok, I think the next thing I'll put up are some of the four-panel comics Sadrin sent, plus the cards that came with the game itself. Not sure if I should out the four-panel things in the L:MS section, or the Manga section... KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Ok, I uploaded the translated versions of the comics. You can check out the main page / LunarNET News for the link.

Thanks a ton, Sadrin! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)