HQ Magical School LUNAR Pics (takes time to load)

For discussion of Magical School Lunar, for the Saturn, and its predecessor Lunar: Walking School, for the Game Gear
Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

HQ Magical School LUNAR Pics (takes time to load)

Post by Sadrin »

Ok being that Anything about Magical School Lunar is VERY hard to come by... I'm giving everyone a gift of not only LOTS of MSL! pictures but in HQ! I'll upload more and more as im playing... I also have some of the soundtrack. Sorry about the order they're in but its basic with the flow of the game. These pictures were all taken by me from a REAL game disk that I got as a gift. Hope you all enjoy! Oh sorry for the long load time!!!

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Depend On You Changed My Life.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: HQ Magical School LUNAR Pics

Post by Kizyr »

Wow, that's really nice quality there! How did you get them in that high quality anyway? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Nice! VERY nice!

Oh, and load times? What the heck is that? Is that some kind of virus? ;)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

phyco126 wrote: Oh, and load times? What the heck is that? Is that some kind of virus? ;)
The dreaded 56k virus...

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DezoPenguin »

Niiiiice. And is it just me, or does that blond-haired girl (the one on the far right in the banner!) look an awful lot like Lemina?

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Werefrog wrote:
phyco126 wrote: Oh, and load times? What the heck is that? Is that some kind of virus? ;)
The dreaded 56k virus...
Which few enough people have, but I still modified the subject header to reflect that for any who may. I was a modemite for a long time, even after I went to college when I would come home and use my parents' connection, until they switched. It isn't the most fun to open that up and have a long load time. (Though they might be sensitive enough to the word "Pics" to think it over.)

Those look good though. If I may be so bold... I like the style layout here (the textbox, the character portraits above it) perhaps more here than I do in other Lunar games. Except when it cuts off the shoulders.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Re: HQ Magical School LUNAR Pics (takes time to load)

Post by Sadrin »

I got the pictures by way of an emulator... I know thats bad but hey at least i have the real game right? I don't have my old Saturn. :( It stoped working long long ago... and i don't think i would have been able to play imports on it? So being as i have the game and i know that almost anything about the game is unknown I figured why not? So plz don't hate me for using an emulator. :oops: Oh and about the load times? I know that not everyone has highspeed internet... I didn't have it till well two years ago!! I just really wanted to post all the pictures i've taken!! So yeah now about the game.. Must say ALOT different than i would have thought!!!
*No use of Items at all!! had no idea!
*Random battles like every 1-3 steps!!! It gets REALLY OLD REALLY fast!!
*The character gfx are very much like the battle characters from Lunar legend.
I kinda think they should have redone this for DS before they thought about making Dragon song... I'm enjoying MSL! alot more than LDS... So sad i know!!!

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Sadrin wrote:I got the pictures by way of an emulator... I know thats bad but hey at least i have the real game right? I don't have my old Saturn. :( It stoped working long long ago... and i don't think i would have been able to play imports on it? So being as i have the game and i know that almost anything about the game is unknown I figured why not? So plz don't hate me for using an emulator. :oops:
Which emulator?

I've tried Cassini and can get that working all right, but I haven't found one with a good screenshot feature. So, I'm just sticking with my regular Saturn.

Oh and... we're pretty neutral about emulators here. ROMs/ISOs are another story, but because these systems are defunct and really hard to obtain anyway, there's no problem discussing things like Saturn or SCD emulators (PSX emulators, I'm ok with, but there're already plenty of those and a few did have legal troubles so the issue doesn't come up often).
Sadrin wrote:Must say ALOT different than i would have thought!!!
*No use of Items at all!! had no idea!
*Random battles like every 1-3 steps!!! It gets REALLY OLD REALLY fast!!
*The character gfx are very much like the battle characters from Lunar legend.
I kinda think they should have redone this for DS before they thought about making Dragon song... I'm enjoying MSL! alot more than LDS... So sad i know!!!
I really like a lot of aspects of MS. The items thing I'm fine with, and the story is great and very fun. The only problem is the random battles--I'm sure you've found for yourself how awful the encounter rate is. The battles themselves are even quite fun! There's just way too many of them...

I dunno if you've checked the rest of the MSL board at all, but... my next major project is a full walkthrough of the game. I hope to have that finished by the end of summer... but, an emulator would ease up the trouble of putting it together (especially if it had a speed-up feature). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, don't worry about the emulator thing. You own the game anyways. Like Kiz said, it's more ROMs and such that we restrict talk of. Hell, I used an emulator to take most of the screenshots that are on LunarNET.
-G1

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

Cool! i was worried people would get upset with me. I just figured it was a good enough reason anyway. *shrugs* So yeah i must say i really enjoy MSL! I kinda miss the items but you dont really need them anyways? I like how just defending gives you some MP back. That makes things more fun! The game is cute... i just don't really understand whats going on. Oh and Kizyr, Try looking for SSF emulator. Its VERY nice and and!!! you can KINDA speed the game up just a bit but its a great help! I would love to see a full walkthough. So if i can help just let me know! I also have the soundtrack for the game. Could I upload that for anyone? Its only part of it i think anyways?

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Sadrin wrote:Oh and Kizyr, Try looking for SSF emulator. Its VERY nice and and!!! you can KINDA speed the game up just a bit but its a great help! I would love to see a full walkthough. So if i can help just let me know! I also have the soundtrack for the game. Could I upload that for anyone? Its only part of it i think anyways?
Thanks for the heads-up. Fortunately, SSF is at Zophar's Domain, so I can just download it from there when I get home. I didn't try it before because it said something about it having been in development for a while--something that sounded like it wasn't the best choice there.

The two main things are if it has a quick screenshot feature (even better if it has a keystroke combo, so I can set up something to voice-activate screenshot-taking), and if it has some turbo button, or some ability to speed things up--at least in dungeons. I'll definitely need to try this out.

As for the Soundtrack, I think it's ok... but G1 would need to confirm that. Later on down when we get to updating the entire soundtracks section of LunarNET, I might ask you for some of the other vocal tracks, since I'd like to translate them (that is, if they're extended versions of the songs that are already in the game/anime). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

Well SSF has a shortcut button for taking snapshots but i can't get it to work. I just go to file-snapshot. i'm not sure if there is a speed up button but if you play around with the config stuff... i think depending on your computer you might be able to speed it up a bit. I've got my game running at 125% maybe? but thats a guess. Oh and i dont have the soundtrack as the vocal tracks. I have the in game music. I dont think it was ever sold as a game soundtrack though?

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Sadrin wrote:Well SSF has a shortcut button for taking snapshots but i can't get it to work. I just go to file-snapshot. i'm not sure if there is a speed up button but if you play around with the config stuff... i think depending on your computer you might be able to speed it up a bit. I've got my game running at 125% maybe? but thats a guess. Oh and i dont have the soundtrack as the vocal tracks. I have the in game music. I dont think it was ever sold as a game soundtrack though?
http://www.lunar-net.com/merchandise/so ... mglost.php

The in-game music is good; we already have some samples of that up, however.

Anyway, I'll let you know my success with SSF when I try it out. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

Any luck with SSF? it might not work on all computers. I really enjoy the program.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Eh, I tried it, and it's way too slow on this computer. It's really not worth playing that way. Cassini gives me better results, though there's still that bit of a lag.

Anyway, I'm already up to the 4th chapter (with all my notes) as it is. If I'm lucky, I might be able to cover like 2 chapters a week on average.

It'll be nice to move onto some other games that've been on my backlog for years that won't involve me taking notes... But I want to do this one first. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

i wanna play this so damn badly.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Sadrin, did you happen to get the PM I sent you? (I'm just checking, because a lot of people don't allow popups and don't see the new messages box)
-G1

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

Opps! sorry... yeah i dont like popups...
Benevolent_Ghaleon - You can find the game for really cheap on ebay. I think my copy cost around $20. but then i only got the game and nothing else.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Wow.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MAGIC-SCHOOL-LUNAR- ... dZViewItem

That sounds too good to be true because of the price, but I don't have much experience and can't tell from the picture.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Sonic# wrote:Wow.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MAGIC-SCHOOL-LUNAR- ... dZViewItem

That sounds too good to be true because of the price, but I don't have much experience and can't tell from the picture.
This is totally a good deal... I mean unless the picture is a complete fabrication (unlikely), it looks to be in good condition and for a ridiculously-good BIN price. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)