Revision to Lunar: Walking School walkthrough

For discussion of Magical School Lunar, for the Saturn, and its predecessor Lunar: Walking School, for the Game Gear
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Revision to Lunar: Walking School walkthrough

Post by Kizyr »

Ok, I haven't touched the Lunar: Walking School walkthrough in almost 7 years, except when I moved it over from a free site to LunarNET.

But anyway, I just finished rewriting the entire walkthrough, and all the other pages, from start-to-finish. And correcting a whole mess of errors. There's more information on the frontpage, and if you've used the walkthrough before (either for the game itself or just to figure out the storyline) then there's a summary of the more significant changes in the <a href="http://www.lunar-net.com/lunarws/notes.html">Translation Notes</a> section there.

Anyway, you can check the <a href="http://www.lunar-net.com">main LunarNET page</a> for the news update, or go straight to the <a href="http://www.lunar-net.com/lunarws">Lunar WS Walkthrough</a>. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Diz
Reza Thief

Post by Diz »

Thanks alot this gonna help me alot. But I ask one question the rom u have avalible is it the one with the words translated to english as i have seen them but wont download till i buy one off ebay.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Nope.

The translated ROM, as far as I know, isn't available (and isn't yet completed). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Diz
Reza Thief

Post by Diz »

Thanks for the information wize one.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Interesting stuff, reading through it. It sounds like it was a fairly good game, although obviously not as epic in scale as the other Lunar titles, but that's to be expected from a Game Gear title.

What I'm curious about now is what they changed in the Saturn remake. I know they added a new party member, and from several pictures I've seen it appears Senia remains in the party until the end of the game, and obviously they added cutscenes and gave it a graphic overhaul to look more like the other Lunar titles. Is there any sort of online resource in English that address what else is changed?

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Not yet.

Magical School Lunar is so different from Lunar: Walking School that it may as well be considered a separate game. While the background plot and atmosphere is the same, what happens past, say, Chapters 1-2 is completely different.

I'm working my way through all the Lunar games again (in both English and Japanese), and decided to re-do the walkthrough since I'd just finished Lunar: Eternal Blue in Japanese and, chronologically, Lunar: Walking School was next. I might give a once-through of the remakes first, before finishing up with Magic School, though, because MS is going to take me a lot longer to finish. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Is there perhaps a broad overview of the plotline of the game then, somewhere? I don't need intimate details like spell names or enemy stats or anything overly detailed like that, I'm just curious about what happens in the game's story.

I suppose I can just go check out gamefaqs... I hate that site so much, though...

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Currently, Zhang Jiaming's walkthrough is the one up at GameFAQs (it used to have its own website). Back in 1999-2000, the walkthrough went up to Chapter 4. Right now, it goes up to Chapter 5. Plotline descriptions are taken from other people, though.

Lunar: MS is my next big project, but it's going to be quite a while in coming. My usual process is to play through a game first, then re-play it and write a walkthrough; to hurry things along, I may actually write this one as I play it (which is the same way I translate the manga). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Diz
Reza Thief

Post by Diz »

Kizyr I really appriciate what you are doing thanks alot and keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!

Atticus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Atticus »

Kizyr wrote:Nope.

The translated ROM, as far as I know, isn't available (and isn't yet completed). KF

*Looks about*
Just Say under hat I did Find a partly Translated Rom >,> only abit was done
*Burns the Post*

Now I must say my Thxs as I have use it to known what bloodly hell do wather I ever find a Real copy or use other means >,> (but will still keep looking even after)

I mostlikely start something with it after I get DS game done

cj iwakura
Student of Vane

Re: Revision to Lunar: Walking School walkthrough

Post by cj iwakura »

FYI, there's a lot of directional errors in it. Northwest when it's actually northeast, east instead of west, etc.

Trivial stuff mostly, I was able to figure out the real way easily enough. The guide is still a lot of help, so thanks. Just thought you'd want to know.

Kizyr

Re: Revision to Lunar: Walking School walkthrough

Post by Kizyr »

cj iwakura wrote:FYI, there's a lot of directional errors in it. Northwest when it's actually northeast, east instead of west, etc.

Trivial stuff mostly, I was able to figure out the real way easily enough. The guide is still a lot of help, so thanks. Just thought you'd want to know.
Yeah I know... that's the number one thing I need to revise, when I'm able to go back through this game.

If you happen to have noted any of the places where I got the directions swapped (which I'm sure happened in my MSL walkthrough, too) then I'd be glad to hear it so I can make corrections earlier. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)