Magic School Lunar - The Movie

For discussion of Magical School Lunar, for the Saturn, and its predecessor Lunar: Walking School, for the Game Gear
HiroOne
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Magic School Lunar - The Movie

Post by HiroOne »

http://www.fansub.tv/series.php/767/Magic%20School%20Lunar/#Movie
Category: TV
Genre: Adventure, Magic
Themes:
Year:
Studio:

Barua of the Magic Race (Vile Tribe) has kidnapped students of the Magic School. Elie, Rena and Senia,are asked to look for them by the schools master. Along their search they find interesting and crazy things, and get into trouble as usual. Upon finding the students, they find their magic is not strong enough to save them, but they get some help from an unwanted friend.

A short 10 minuite adventure. All the school kids has been kidnapped and Ellie gets licked by a cat, with the help of the Blue Dragon can they save everyone?
Based on the game Magic School Lunar. Recommended if you want a quick burst of random.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

It should be mentioned that ZP provided his tape of the anime for this project, and Kizyr translated it.

Or better yet, I just updated the site with all this information:
http://www.lunar-net.com/news.php?id=70

I'll be hosting a lower filesize version sometime in the next few days on LunarNET.
-G1

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

If anyone wants it, I'll be seeding it out tonight. I haven't had time to make a lower quality version yet, but figured if anyone was interested, I'd seed the torrent out.
-G1

BraveKing
Lostest Boy

Post by BraveKing »

watched it, enjoyed it, quite funny

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

One question, GhaleonOne. Is this the entire anime or just a part of it?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

That's it. That's all that exists.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Which is too bad. I think Lunar would have lent itself nicely to an anime series.
-G1

PurifyWeirdSoul
Lostest Boy

Post by PurifyWeirdSoul »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOO0000000000000000000000000000000
0000000000000000000000000000oooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...!

I hate 1 episode OVAs that leave me wanting more! Thanks for the laugh. It was 10 minutes of solid humor, with a pinch of storyline, and alot of character. They sure crammed alot of content in such a short amount of time. I don't think I've ever seen a single episode that covered so much content, save for the recap episodes of various animes.

Much thanx goes to HiroOne, ZP and Kizyr!

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Not to be mean but, what did HiroOne do?

I hate 1 episode OVAs that leave me wanting more! Thanks for the laugh. It was 10 minutes of solid humor, with a pinch of storyline, and alot of character.

Well, it was meant to be a little extra, nothing serious and nothing that was supposed to continue onto a true series. At least, as far as I know that's the case. The Lunar: MS manga advertised the OVA, but even back when the manga was still easy to find, the video itself was real difficult to track down. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

He started this thread and posted the link.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Question. With the speed of the movie and the speed of some of the scenes, would it even be possible to make a fan dubbed version of this film? At least without talking like you drank 5000000 cups of coffee?

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

BraveKing
Lostest Boy

Post by BraveKing »

It'd be possible to make a dub version of anything, just really fraking hard

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Oh my gosh, if someone fandubbed this I'd love to have a part in it!

Anyhow, a big thanks to everyone involved in making this download possible! I'd watched this for the first time many years ago and while I was beyond happy, the verison I downloaded was really hard to see, I think it was a 2 or 3x3 in video O_O

Again much thanks and appreciation!

Take care now :)

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

phyco126 wrote:Question. With the speed of the movie and the speed of some of the scenes, would it even be possible to make a fan dubbed version of this film? At least without talking like you drank 5000000 cups of coffee?

No. No. And No... Please No!

Dubbing itself is a lot harder work than it seems, and even professionals have a difficult time getting the voices down right and believable. Having fans do translation is one thing, but when you bring in voice-acting, you have a whole new type of skill to work with. Unfortunately, it's a skill that few folks want to admit they don't have.

If someone tried a fan-dub version of this, it'd be possible, but I'd give you 50:1 odds against it being awful. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well, I was just asking if it would be possible because of the incredible speed they talk at as it is. I wouldn't try to fan dub it myself, as I have NO idea how to do such a thing (for one, I would imagine a sound studio would be needed :P)

Anyway, thanks for the movie guys. I have it DLed my computer. I remember back a few years when I first saw it. It was hard to enjoy because the picture was so distorted and 'pixelated' (Im guessing from compression software.) However, this is certainly a better quality.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Kizyr wrote:
phyco126 wrote:Question. With the speed of the movie and the speed of some of the scenes, would it even be possible to make a fan dubbed version of this film? At least without talking like you drank 5000000 cups of coffee?

No. No. And No... Please No!

Dubbing itself is a lot harder work than it seems, and even professionals have a difficult time getting the voices down right and believable. Having fans do translation is one thing, but when you bring in voice-acting, you have a whole new type of skill to work with. Unfortunately, it's a skill that few folks want to admit they don't have.

If someone tried a fan-dub version of this, it'd be possible, but I'd give you 50:1 odds against it being awful. KF

I wasn't trying to imply that I'm great at voice acting ^^; I just wanted to say that in case I gave the opposite impression.

Anyhow, I agree that I wouldn't want to watch a horrible dub of the episode (in fact I hate the majority of the dubs I've ever watched), but I also don't see any reason to discourage anyone that would like to take on such a task. Especially if it was done out of love for Lunar.

Elie
Student of Vane

Post by Elie »

I take a hiatus from this site for a few months, and come back to find THIS? That'll teach me to check this place more often in the future. :P

I swear I tried getting my hands on this video at least three times over the past two years when I managed to find it up for auction, only to get vastly outbidded each time (over 5000 yen is definitely too much for a used tape). So finding a torrent of the anime actually subbed certainly made my bad week at least a bit better.

Unfortunately I'm not connecting to anyone at the moment, but hopefully I'll get it downloaded eventually... *crosses fingers*

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

I swear I tried getting my hands on this video at least three times over the past two years when I managed to find it up for auction, only to get vastly outbidded each time (over 5000 yen is definitely too much for a used tape). So finding a torrent of the anime actually subbed certainly made my bad week at least a bit better.

In all honesty... when VHS was still in regular usage, a lot of movies would still cost insanely high, around 6000-7000 yen oftentimes. 5000 yen for a rare VHS tape seems actually about right.

Due to folks moving around and all, we still don't have the actual subtitled video up at LunarNET (I don't think), but I'll try and see if I can't at least upload the script if I have the time this weekend. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

lucia24
Student of Vane

Post by lucia24 »

Not much. :(
Last edited by lucia24 on Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Even if a day should go by when I don't say I love you,
May never a moment go by without you knowing I do."

Rlfhst2000
Nanza Bandit

Post by Rlfhst2000 »

"And he thought hard for three days and three nights..."