Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Sega Saturn Gamerip

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
Parn
Reza Thief
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Parn »

Yeah, SSS's music is rendered on the fly like the PSX. When Kadokawa Shoten did the PSX port, they kind of half-assed the sound fonts. It's similar to what happened with the GameCube port of Skies of Arcadia... Overworks didn't bother porting the Cybersound MIDI Wavetable software to the GameCube, which is why Arcadia's music takes a tremendous nosedive on the GameCube.

Most of SSS's music does sound better on the Saturn, but only marginally (notably, the bass seems to be much stronger on the Saturn). It's not as significant a difference as it was for Eternal Blue.

Parn
Reza Thief

Post by Parn »

Bumping a really old topic, but I think it's worth mentioning that all the music is now up in MP3 format. Gapless track transition is now supported in LAME MP3, which is why I made the switch back...

So yeah. If you wanted the music in MP3, it's now up for grabs.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

If you wouldn't mind could you repost the link, Parn? Thanks.

Parn
Reza Thief

Post by Parn »

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

That's great! Many thanks. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

UBER! Thank's parn!

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Nall.TWK
Lostest Boy

Post by Nall.TWK »

That is really cool. I like the music from Sega Saturn. I especially like the battle and boss battle theme more on saturn than on ps. I only saw videos of it on youtube. I tried to find out if they had a sega saturn music format like psf or spc, because I wanted to hear what it sounded like. but there's no such format. also I though Music on Lunar SSSC on PS was way too low on volume, and sound effects hurt my ears. I think Final Fantasy Piano Collections was louder :P. Anyway, many thanks.
君と私でヒューヒューあつい鼓動刻んだら可愛い猫耳つけて二人でゴロゴロしましょう♪

Faust
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Faust »

Many many thanks. I have been searching for the music that plays in Star Dragon Tower for a long time. The music has been playing on my mind for years, but I never found out the title all these time. Thank you

The Final Battle Approaches it is then. Awesome work, much appreciated.

Bravo 29
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Bravo 29 »

Wow, it's been years since I heard any of these tracks. Brings back very fond memories. Thank you very much, Parn.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

i wish the SS lunars made it to america. are any of you familiar enough with Rosetta Stone to tell me if it's a quality language learning tool?

shinigami
NPC

Re: Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Sega Saturn Gamerip

Post by shinigami »

Thank you very much, Parn. I've looked for this for years, but somehow never managed to find it. I was thinking in ripping it myself, but then I thought on looking on this forum...

The Saturn version of the songs are so much better... Mainly the songs with cellos, e.g. Blessed City. The synthetized PSX version is just plain fugly in comparison.

X-Calibar
Meribian Merchant

Post by X-Calibar »

Wow, thanks for this Parn! I never heard these versions before...
Good quality too..! 8)

Much appreciated~

Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zhane Masaki »

Nice quality. I'm known for having a complete music collection, but you made my day with the quality here.
Also an expert on the Phantasy Star tetralogy, Ys, Star Ocean, Dirty Pair, and most things Universal Century Gundam

Visit My Backloggery to keep up on my gaming exploits!

Parn
Reza Thief

Post by Parn »

Just posting the new link since I've revamped my website. The music is still available as before, just in a different spot.

http://synbios.net/site/?p=32

Hard to believe I first posted them almost five years ago. Time sure does fly.

Sophia
Lostest Boy

Post by Sophia »

Thanks for the tunes, Parn. I'm one of the unlucky punks who never played the SegaCD versions of Lunar. The Playstation versions' songs sound a bit junky compared to this...

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

Parn wrote:Just posting the new link since I've revamped my website. The music is still available as before, just in a different spot.

http://synbios.net/site/?p=32

Hard to believe I first posted them almost five years ago. Time sure does fly.
Great to see another of the Lunar Old Guard pop in, Parn! And bravo as always on the rips. It was indeed about five years ago that I was so happy to see you post those oggs, which I used to replace the PS rips I had on my homemade Lunar 2 soundtrack that I'd been dreaming of making ever since we were all playing around on the internet in 1997 or so.

Jet Set Radio for extra class, too. Excellent.
aka Maou

Parn
Reza Thief

Post by Parn »

No prob. Lunar 2's soundtrack is still my favorite from Iwadare and I will be keeping the gamerip up for as long as my website remains... or at least until an official soundtrack release happens. It continues to disappoint me that all these other games get the full treatment, yet Lunar 2 never has had a complete soundtrack release.

DragnMasterHiro
Iluk Crackpot

Post by DragnMasterHiro »

This is awesome. Thank you for this. EB has such great music. The Final Battle Approaches is one of my favorites. Don't recall if that was on the WD soundtrack, but I loved that song. Here's hoping for Harmony of the Blue Star PSP.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

What happened to this site? :(

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

DevNall wrote:What happened to this site? :(
Hm, Synbios.net has been down for a while. We may have a few backups of the content around somewhere, though -- when the Lunar EBC section gets upgraded (next week) I'll see if I can scrounge for some of that. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)