A Question regarding The Main Antagonist (SPOILERS)

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
Omegazero108
Nanza Bandit
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

A Question regarding The Main Antagonist (SPOILERS)

Post by Omegazero108 »

This is something I was wondering... but while I get the odds may well be unlikely, would it be at all possible for...

Any like 'fragments' of Zophar's power to have survived his battle with Althena in Eternal Blue (If it can be called that)? I figured his first destruction may've scattered some remnants of his power across Lunar and the Blue Star... I know there's a brief bit about it near endgame, but... I figured if he needs to revive himself, there's odds that fragments of his power remained which allowed him to return and orchestrate the events of Eternal Blue the way he did

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: A Question regarding The Main Antagonist (SPOILERS)

Post by Kizyr »

I mean... oddly enough this is a very common trope in anime/JRPGs, so it's surprising that this was never hinted at in Lunar as something that happened. The revival just... happened.

Since the intro post is tagged as spoiler I'll continue in normal text.

So EB/EBC imply that Zophar returned himself, and more clearly state that he needed humans to enable his physical/corporeal return. That's not an unusual plot either in JRPGs/anime, but it is a distinct thing from, e.g., someone coming across an artifact of Zophar's power in the world and that sparks off trying to revive him.

That said, nothing stops both from being true. Just the latter was never explicitly stated as far as I recall. The closest we have is, maybe, Zophar's blood (Raculi, Serak Palace, etc.) but that was after the plans to bring Zophar back were already underway and not, say, the starting point for it.

Interesting thought nonetheless!
~Kizyr (they|them)