Possible additional knowledge?

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
MSK
Meryod Yokel
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Possible additional knowledge?

Post by MSK »

About 2 to 3 months ago I started practicing for a speedrun of Eternal Blue on the PSX. At the moment my best single segment run is roughly 9 hours long. I figured that this forum given its love for the Lunar series might have some good knowledge of this game. As far as I know the only "trick" in the game is killing off the Guardian with Ruby at the very beginning of the game. If anyone else knows tricks/shortcuts/glitches in the game, it'd be great to know!

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: Possible additional knowledge?

Post by Alunissage »

I don't think we've discussed much in the way of gameplay glitches and shortcuts for this game, to be honest. There's the combination of items that makes Hiro's run last much longer, though, which might be useful for you in evading monsters later in the game. I think it's the Pajamas, the Rubber Boots, and the Gorgon Doll; not sure if it matters who they're equipped on. Of course, if you do end up in a battle, the person wearing them will be asleep at the start (due to the Pajamas).

Are you including the Epilogue in your run? I think it's this game that has a shortcut past a boss to get one of the Dragon Eyes, in the Water Ruins.

MSK
Meryod Yokel

Post by MSK »

Alunissage wrote:I don't think we've discussed much in the way of gameplay glitches and shortcuts for this game, to be honest. There's the combination of items that makes Hiro's run last much longer, though, which might be useful for you in evading monsters later in the game. I think it's the Pajamas, the Rubber Boots, and the Gorgon Doll; not sure if it matters who they're equipped on. Of course, if you do end up in a battle, the person wearing them will be asleep at the start (due to the Pajamas).

Are you including the Epilogue in your run? I think it's this game that has a shortcut past a boss to get one of the Dragon Eyes, in the Water Ruins.
Ah yeah I am using the running set (yellow PJ, gorgon doll, and rubber boots), and it doesn't matter who it's on. I haven't considered including the epilogue yet since the run is already incredibly long on its own, and it can always be added on afterwards since I plan to segment this run. I didn't know about the shortcut past the water ruins boss though. I'll check it out. Thanks :)

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

I actually don't know any tricks to this game despite it being my favorite Lunar. xD
Guess I just like to make things difficult. : P Though I am tempted to try the "running" trick next time I play.

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **