Do you think I need to start over? (spoilers)

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
Jupiterstar1221
Burg Farmer
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Do you think I need to start over? (spoilers)

Post by Jupiterstar1221 »

Hello everyone! Its been a while hasn't it? :D I have been lured back to the world of Lunar by the strong urge of wanting to play them again. I spent 2 months wanting to play but didn't have a Playstation and now I am playing Lunar EBC first and I am wondering. I am at Taben's peak (was the Grindery in Lunar SSC) I am level 24, and as I play in this area I start thinking about the crests I found and sold and several canes that Lemina could have used to make battles easier. I know I still have a long way to go to get to the end of Lunar but I wonder should I start over? I want to be perfect and have every item. I started playing Lunar YESTERDAY and I am already this far. I think that hints that I might be rushing through and not really enjoying it.

I really need imput, my fiance thinks I am being silly in starting over, but I want to enjoy Lunar 1 and 2 to the fullest and I don't want to mess up.
Any pointers are helpful! TY!

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Re: Do you think I need to start over? (spoilers)

Post by Sonic# »

It's difficult to give tips if you're a completionist. If you're going to work towards completion no matter what, you may as well.

But think about it. You love this game. You'll probably play it through again. Why not make the second time the completionist one, and enjoy the first for its story? Plus, you can treat it as research, noting items to get and all that before you break out the maps for this second attempt.

So I don't think you should start over.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Jupiterstar1221
Burg Farmer

Re: Do you think I need to start over? (spoilers)

Post by Jupiterstar1221 »

Thank you, Sonic! I think I will do that. I am now actually in Vane, well the Cave of Trials (just got there) and my characters are level 28. After I posted, I started to think and realized that since I am still so far from the end, and that I have put at least now 13 hours into it, and I am really enjoying the game, that I won't start over. I am going back to areas I was in previously (ones I couldn't really complete because of restrictions on mana) fighting the mobs for extra XP and Silver. I have my trusty guide at my side so I can keep an I out for items that I might miss or some I missed the first time through.

I am enjoying the story but...well...I think I am either just really exhausted or I am not understanding up to the point of what is going on. It must mean I am not really paying attention, but I will not stop. I will play to the end, then play Lunar: SSSC and hopefully when I am finished I will get the story in Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete better. I really wished I has a PSP and could play Lunar: SSH. Alas, I do not. I know my family will NEVER buy them for me, or my fiance who is just as big a gamer as I but he doesn't see it as something a fan of a series but more of a child wanting something. I will get that system one day and hopefully with a job (soon. *prays*) I can get it myself.